• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Now that the price has been announced, how do you feel about it?

• Entirely too high. I'm out.

Votes: 62 43.7%
  • Higher than expected, but I can work with it.

Votes: 56 39.4%
  • About where I was expecting (within $1k of your best guess). Told you so.

Votes: 18 12.7%
  • No ADM? What a steal! I'll take two, please!

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I'm a 911 pcar rennlister - I shouldn't have come here lol ;)

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
i don't claim to know the supply chain or the algorithms for manufacturing goals/limits. i do know when i've looked for an Elantra N there aren't any within a few hundred miles ... i don't think i would get one anyways, but i'd sure kick the heck outta the tires
Dealers around me are averaging 2-3 cars a month and they usually sell pretty quick, one or two weeks at most. They can be had about 1k under msrp .

Last edited:

SolarTrans

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LCM+Red ITS
Dealers around me are averaging 2-3 cars a month and they usually sell pretty quick, one or two weeks at most. They can be had about 1k under msrp .
Honestly such a steal at that price. Itā€™s so hard for me to turn down. If they had a performance blue one locally, I might have bought it already lol

PP0001

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 MDX Type S Advance - 2021 CTR LE's
I'm out. They're saving money compared to the CTR by building in the US and avoiding shipping and import duties, then they add two heated seats, one power seat and a nicer stereo and want to charge $7K over the CTR? Crazy.

I assume they'll sit around, so I may buy one months down the road, after the inevitable mark down, but the M240ix is a much better value at that price point. Yes, I'd rather have a stick but at $52K for what's offered.
In addition to the above items that you listed over and above the FL5 CTR, does the Integra Type S also not get a unique active exhaust system (which the CTR should have come with), lighter wheels, 3 optional interior colors, better looking front end and a much more friendly but still outstanding chassis and suspension?

I initially looked at a new 2023 FL5 CTR but when taking into consideration the ADM's that put most/many Honda dealerships around ~$55,000, I would much rather go with a new 2024 ITS even at its present suggested MSRP.

SolarTrans

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LCM+Red ITS
every 6months, I'm in my mid 40's. I paid my expensive dues.
Very lucky! Iā€™m in a medium-sized city, 4 adults on the policy and 5 vehicles with just about the best coverage available through Farmerā€™s. Never seen a car under $170/m for us. Apparently, if we lived outside the city, our costs would cut in half or betterā€”which seems more in line with what youā€™re paying.
Is your ZIP code more urban, suburban or rural?

VT Skier

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RLX
In addition to the above items that you listed over and above the FL5 CTR, does the Integra Type S also not get a unique active exhaust system (which the CTR should have come with), lighter wheels, 3 optional interior colors, better looking front end and a much more friendly but still outstanding chassis and suspension?

I initially looked at a new 2023 FL5 CTR but when taking into consideration the ADM's that put most/many Honda dealerships around ~$55,000, I would much rather go with a new 2024 ITS even at its present suggested MSRP.
I like the CTR looks, other than the wing, and I did forget the adaptive dampers, but lighter wheels? More colors? Meh.

I may change my mind. I'm going to wait for the reviews and an opportunity to drive one, and I may even put down the $500 deposit, but I just don't see how this FWD tarted-up CTR is worth $52. Other than by comparative reasoning given the CTR's current ADMs. And I really wanted to like this -- I've owned six Hondas and two Acuras. But I still think the BMW 240 is a better buy at almost the same price.

Alternatively, spend an extra $15 and get the RWD 6-cylinder manual M2.

Or save $15 and get the revised Elantra N. Both those options sound more appealing than the ITS at the moment. All IMHO and YMMV may vary, of course.

PP0001

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I like the CTR looks, other than the wing, and I did forget the adaptive dampers, but lighter wheels? More colors? Meh.

I may change my mind. I'm going to wait for the reviews and an opportunity to drive one, and I may even put down the $500 deposit, but I just don't see how this FWD tarted-up CTR is worth $52. Other than by comparative reasoning given the CTR's current ADMs. And I really wanted to like this -- I've owned six Hondas and two Acuras. But I still think the BMW 240 is a better buy at almost the same price.

Alternatively, spend an extra $15 and get the RWD 6-cylinder manual M2.

Or save $15 and get the revised Elantra N. Both those options sound more appealing than the ITS at the moment. All IMHO and YMMV may vary, of course.
Understood on all of the above.

If I purchased an FL5 the first things that I would do would be to install the optional CF wing as the OEM wing is hideous and looks like an add on at the last minute and would also opt for some aftermarket wheels.

But once that is all done along with an ADM the cost would probably be North of a 2024 ITS which makes no sense from my standpoint.

Like you I have owned a great deal of Honda and Acura's over the last ~37 years including purchasing the Canadian 1992 GS-R launch vehicle back in 1991, 2018 RR FK8 and a 2020 PMC MDX.

Previously owned an M roadster, M coupe and M3's and personally would never own another BMW based on my experiences and cannot mention a Hyundia vehicle in the same sentence as a Honda and/or Acura vehicle.

I love the Honda brand especially the FK8's but have always appreciated the upscale Acura brand and hope that I can obtain a 2024 ITS sometime in the near future.

Good luck with your decision going forward!

Last edited:

MrOhnoez

First Name
S.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jetta GLI
If I could buy a CTR at MSRP, I'd get it, but all local dealers want 15k above MSRP if not more, but I can get a ITS at MSRP. It ends up costing me at least 8k less than a CTR.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
If I could buy a CTR at MSRP, I'd get it, but all local dealers want 15k above MSRP if not more, but I can get a ITS at MSRP. It ends up costing me at least 8k less than a CTR.
exactly -- it suddenly makes the ITS the bargain proposal .... strange, but true.

PP0001

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
exactly -- it suddenly makes the ITS the bargain proposal .... strange, but true.
Based on what is being portrayed here with respect to purchasing a 2024 Integra Type S at MSRP in comparison to us enthusiasts being subjected to various ADM amounts that are being levied on the 2023 Civic Type R, not only is it strange and true but also pretty much a no brainer.

Aside from the ITS not only coming with some added features over the FL5 such as heated front seats, 16 speaker ELS audio system, power driver's seat and heads up display, I really like the new active exhaust feature which is centered around a unique high flow exhaust system that adds 5 extra horse power to the whole equation.

Right after the official reveal of the 2024 ITS in Scottsdale, Arizona last month, I was very fortunate to speak to a friend who attended that event and he was very impressed with the styling, upgraded interior, wider stance, chassis, wheels and in particular he really thought that the new active exhaust sounded simply outstanding and for me that is really exciting.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
Based on what is being portrayed here with respect to purchasing a 2024 Integra Type S at MSRP in comparison to us enthusiasts being subjected to various ADM amounts that are being levied on the 2023 Civic Type R, not only is it strange and true but also pretty much a no brainer.

Aside from the ITS not only coming with some added features over the FL5 such as heated front seats, 16 speaker ELS audio system, power driver's seat and heads up display, I really like the new active exhaust feature which is centered around a unique high flow exhaust system that adds 5 extra horse power to the whole equation.

Right after the official reveal of the 2024 ITS in Scottsdale, Arizona last month, I was very fortunate to speak to a friend who attended that event and he was very impressed with the styling, upgraded interior, wider stance, chassis, wheels and in particular he really thought that the new active exhaust sounded simply outstanding and for me that is really exciting.
i'm excited to check it out, for sure! looking at the poll .. there's definitely a split in opinions, but that's not surprising. i can't wait to see one in person when they come in, and hopefully it'll be coming with my name on it!

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
btw ....
is that a photo of your CTR LE(s?) under cover? i have a buddy keeping one with delivery miles as a future investment car. i'm always getting onto him about driving that thing haha. you doing the same or driving it?

PP0001

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
btw ....
is that a photo of your CTR LE(s?) under cover? i have a buddy keeping one with delivery miles as a future investment car. i'm always getting onto him about driving that thing haha. you doing the same or driving it?
One LE is an earlier chassis build and I drive that unit when I get a chance and just love the driving experience that is provides.

The other LE is a very late chassis build and one of the last units to be assembled at Swindon in May 2021 before Honda permanently closed that assembly plant down and has just 23 miles on it.

Wishing you good luck with respect to obtaining a 2024 Integra Type S sooner than later!

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 CW CTR, 2002 EBP RSX
Iā€™m outā€¦ way too high!
Iā€™ll just pick up a low mile used one in a few yearsā€¦