• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pre-ordering the Type-S for 3/10?

OP
OP
urbanglowcam

urbanglowcam

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000
Do we still expect the Type S to arrive this year as an initial model year 2023?

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Do we still expect the Type S to arrive this year as an initial model year 2023?
I feel that it might come this year but I wouldn’t hold my breath if it didn’t.

OP
OP
urbanglowcam

urbanglowcam

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000
Just to close the loop on this, but it looks like the answer is clearly not to reserve for this round like some of you already predicted. I'm glad Acura at least helped to narrow it down by available trims to avoid confusion with lack of info.

Hoping for a Long Beach GP announcement ?

trims.jpg

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
For the bean counters limiting the choice helps them narrow what folks are interested in and I think will help guide what the eventual S type will offer. If the majority are ordering a manual tech package then it should bode well for the future.

OP
OP
urbanglowcam

urbanglowcam

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000
For the bean counters limiting the choice helps them narrow what folks are interested in and I think will help guide what the eventual S type will offer. If the majority are ordering a manual tech package then it should bode well for the future.
Couldn't agree more.

Hear that everyone? Reserve manuals! ?

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
My take is no matter what it takes time to ramp up production on a new car and with them using current gen civic and supply/chip issues going on, it’s especially challenging.

So they’re essentially asking for a hint were to focus those limited resources to build a focused inventory. Then marketing said hey let’s incentivize people to preorder with nfts and call them special customers or whatever word their thesaurus pulled up.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
My take is no matter what it takes time to ramp up production on a new car and with them using current gen civic and supply/chip issues going on, it’s especially challenging.

So they’re essentially asking for a hint were to focus those limited resources to build a focused inventory. Then marketing said hey let’s incentivize people to preorder with nfts and call them special customers or whatever word their thesaurus pulled up.
Full throated agreement there. I wouldn't be surprised if the Ohio plant is good to go and casting the dies for manufacturing but this whole "pre-order" process was just to help give Acrua a better guide to what to build. Like most have mentioned, the pre-order isn't a lock - it even says so in the terms and conditions we accepted (I actually read them LOL). The dealer is still buying the order/car from Acura. It just matters what kind of dealer you are in business with.

I can see it playing out like this:
Acura drops pricing and full timelines around March 22nd (when their Metaverse goes live)
Dealers start finalizing builds and getting their Order Build dates around the last week of March
Ohio starts manufacturing in/around mid to late April
we start seeing the first deliveries end of May/start of June - still in "Spring"

Personally, I plan to have some dealer installed options (blacked out badging and the illuminated logo as well as spoiler)
I am sure whatever you are adding to the dealer order is going to make them happy as well! LOL

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
we start seeing the first deliveries end of May/start of June - still in "Spring"

Personally, I plan to have some dealer installed options (blacked out badging and the illuminated logo as well as spoiler)
I am sure whatever you are adding to the dealer order is going to make them happy as well! LOL
Good guess on deliveries, May might be a little optimistic but early June is a safe bet.

The blacked out badges should be included on the A Spec Tech/Elite but why would they lol... putting chrome badges on a car with blacked out window trim is more tomfoolery... of course folks are going to want black badges so let's grab a few more $$ from them. Sounded like there's a spoiler included in top trim but maybe there's a standard and optional cf one (including the cf one would be nice).

The illuminated logo is cool but I'll probably pass. They should give the NFT owners their cars in gold metallic only lol. Surprise!!!

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
Good guess on deliveries, May might be a little optimistic but early June is a safe bet.

The blacked out badges should be included on the A Spec Tech/Elite but why would they lol... putting chrome badges on a car with blacked out window trim is more tomfoolery... of course folks are going to want black badges so let's grab a few more $$ from them. Sounded like there's a spoiler included in top trim but maybe there's a standard and optional cf one (including the cf one would be nice).

The illuminated logo is cool but I'll probably pass. They should give the NFT owners their cars in gold metallic only lol. Surprise!!!
Yea A-Spec gets a spoiler, CF spoiler is extra. I think my choice in accessories is going to come down to how much I'm willing to put up with the dealer...

I've never purchased from a dealer and I've only heard terrible stories. Especially these last couple years with ADMs etc.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Just throwing some dealer “insight” out there while I’ve been calling around, including other states. Test drove a 20 Civic Type R & they told me the 23 Type R’s should be here later this year but coming sooner than expected. Called another local dealer & after an email exchange last Saturday he told me after they got out of their morning meeting that same day, that all Honda models especially the Type R will have scarce production until Q3 of 2024. He confirmed that it wasn’t a typo also said he is under the impression that St Louis area dealers will be marking up from MSRP. Called a dealer in PA about a used Civic they had on their Nissan lot but also share an Acura lot under the same name & they said that Acura new model productions are being made & shipped months ahead of Honda & that the manager knows about Type S availability & pricing & will get back to me - he hasn’t yet. I’m in touch with another dealer to hopefully clear up some of these rumors & will report back.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
@bpebler If they end up getting back to you about the Type S let us know!
Yes absolutely! I’m asking multiple dealers to compare their “insider info” & share it with the group.