• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
^^^^
I would NEVER allow a credit check for a test drive (unless it is at time-of-sale). Period.

I understand weeding out joy-riders but that should be part of the dealership/salesman's customer interview process. I would totally be fine with laying down a deposit to demonstrate actual interest for a test drive.

It makes zero sense for the buyer to have the dealership pull credit at the time of the test drive if they then have to wait for a vehicle and then have the dealership pull credit a second time when the vehicle arrives a month or months later.

This is a foolish request for those of us with exceptional credit.

Mike
I get it- but I think you're reading too much into it. As does everyone who loses their mind over the thought of a credit check.

First of all, it doesn't hurt your credit that much. As long as you're not running a credit check at every dealer for every car, etc.- those few times that you're seriously interested in a car should only happen what, every few years (presumably)? It really isn't that big a deal and won't move the needle significantly.

That said, I really don't think any dealer would straight up deny all test drives unless a credit check was run. I'm thinking it's an either/or situation- run a credit check, OR place a deposit. And I'm thinking the credit check would only make sense if you're planning to finance through that dealer, on that car. It could be a semi-creative way to "funnel" in-house financing, but I'm not ready to let my blood pressure rise because of a forum post. I agree with you on the principal of it being a "hard requirement under any circumstances"... but I don't believe that's truly the case.

What other brands do you recommend other than sonax? Used it for my FK8 at the time because it was recommended but I never took the time to see what else was out there
Really, Sonax is all you need. For my current car I just have the seats, and elected to use GTechniq Smart Fabric protectant so they won't need a deep clean nearly as often (at least that's the expectation). I also don't recommend using any abrasive material OR TECHNIQUE while cleaning alcantara- as with anything, you can ruin it that way. A periodic gentle cleaning is all you need. The OEM race tex shifter in the 981 and 718 is $400 from Suncoast. Ask me how I know.

That said, I'm a big fan of Larry Kosilla's products at AMMONYC. The only disappointment I've ever had by any of his products was his glass cleaner- literally everything else has exceeded expectations. I believe the "lather" or the "shag" would be what you'd want for Alcantara, and can be used for other things as well (lather is general purpose, shag is for fabric). Definitely worth a look IMO.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
I get it- but I think you're reading too much into it. As does everyone who loses their mind over the thought of a credit check.

First of all, it doesn't hurt your credit that much. As long as you're not running a credit check at every dealer for every car, etc.- those few times that you're seriously interested in a car should only happen what, every few years (presumably)? It really isn't that big a deal and won't move the needle significantly.

That said, I really don't think any dealer would straight up deny all test drives unless a credit check was run. I'm thinking it's an either/or situation- run a credit check, OR place a deposit. And I'm thinking the credit check would only make sense if you're planning to finance through that dealer, on that car. It could be a semi-creative way to "funnel" in-house financing, but I'm not ready to let my blood pressure rise because of a forum post. I agree with you on the principal of it being a "hard requirement under any circumstances"... but I don't believe that's truly the case.
LOL

Mike

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
^^^^
I would NEVER allow a credit check for a test drive (unless it is at time-of-sale). Period.

I understand weeding out joy-riders but that should be part of the dealership/salesman's customer interview process. I would totally be fine with laying down a deposit to demonstrate actual interest for a test drive.

It makes zero sense for the buyer to have the dealership pull credit at the time of the test drive if they then have to wait for a vehicle and then have the dealership pull credit a second time when the vehicle arrives a month or months later.

This is a foolish request for those of us with exceptional credit.

Mike
A soft inquiry on a credit report does not affect the score at all. It’s basically the vendor pulling credit to make you an offer and not you pulling it to apply for credit. Creditors do it all the time which is why you get all those pre approvals in the mail.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
A soft inquiry on a credit report does not affect the score at all. It’s basically the vendor pulling credit to make you an offer and not you pulling it to apply for credit. Creditors do it all the time which is why you get all those pre approvals in the mail.
Actually, yes, inquiries do effect your credit score. Not so much as a Hard inquiry but, yes, every pull will effect your score.

Mike

CYBR808

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20/'23 Civic Type R
Visited my Acura dealer right after purchasing my FL5 yesterday lol sorry for the bad shots in the shadows
4882E11C-082A-4EE9-8380-62FDCBD556DE.jpeg
73F044D1-5F50-4D45-8D7B-FB409E311BCA.jpeg

Last edited:

Thatacuragirl

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Acura Integra K20 fully built boosted AWD
^^ what he said…..

the ones that don’t want it pulled don’t need to test drive..

when we sold most of our NSX most of our customers weren’t even in the state. Is what it is get a type r lol

illegal? Lol what isn’t illegal now a days.

CYBR808

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20/'23 Civic Type R
Loved the wide fenders but I do think the piece on the rear doors is "tacked on" and a bit funny looking up close. Bronze wheels go great with the white ofc. I think the aluminum shift knob is smaller? Not sure but it looked and felt great in hand when rowing through the gears in idle.

Having the ITS and CTR side by side made me really appreciate the CTR's natural wide body look and R+ mode dash. Wish we shared the same exhaust note though... I optioned for the carbon fiber wing and I think that changed the whole silhouette of the CTR for me. Definitely how it should've came out of the factory imo.
KAI FL5 CARBON WING.jpg

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
What is this, reddit now? Come on, with all the shit I got early when I started posting here, you gotta bring more effort than "LOL".

And what are you so scared of anyway? That a credit hit from an inquiry will make you pay 8.7% as opposed to 8.5%?

I've had "good credit" for years, it has gotten me a whole heap of not a lot. There's no pearls to clutch here, especially with today's rates.

meki22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Forester, LCM Integra Type-S
Loved the wide fenders but I do think the piece on the rear doors is "tacked on" and a bit funny looking up close. Bronze wheels go great with the white ofc. I think the aluminum shift knob is smaller? Not sure but it looked and felt great in hand when rowing through the gears in idle.

Having the ITS and CTR side by side made me really appreciate the CTR's natural wide body look and R+ mode dash. Wish we shared the same exhaust note though... I optioned for the carbon fiber wing and I think that changed the whole silhouette of the CTR for me. Definitely how it should've came out of the factory IMO.
Did the ITS feel more "premium" than your CTR? This is of course how Honda/Acura are positioning it. Really curious since you had them side by side.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Bad audio but it's something

CYBR808

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20/'23 Civic Type R
Did the ITS feel more "premium" than your CTR? This is of course how Honda/Acura are positioning it. Really curious since you had them side by side.
Not at all... Boring display, casual/comfortable seats, nice exhaust, and a good wide body is my current take away. I put my individual settings in the FL5 all in R mode and left the suspension in comfort and think it rides and feels incredible.

meki22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Forester, LCM Integra Type-S

Bad audio but it's something
Couldnt stand the audio, unfortunately. Was that a customer riding along with the rep driving? lol

CYBR808

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20/'23 Civic Type R
I would not pay ADM for the ITS. Maybe a slight adjustment on the wheels but nothing that should be touching Advan, Rays, BBS territory