• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Possible Engine Leaking

gemini19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT
I was checking my oil today and noticed some oil residue in the area under the valve cover. I'll attach a pic but it might be hard to see what I'm talking about. Has anyone else notice some oil residue in that area? Is it normal for these engines? I don't drive the car hard and it only has about 5300 miles. I never noticed anything like this on my previous Acura.

20231022_171206.jpg

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I see what you are talking about. It could be residue from filling initially. I'm not seeing fresh oil. I'm seeing old dirty has been there a while oil. Wipe it off and check back later. If it shows back up you've got a slow valve cover gasket leak. Wouldn't be unheard of and is a very common area for all engines to leak.

OP
OP

gemini19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT
I see what you are talking about. It could be residue from filling initially. I'm not seeing fresh oil. I'm seeing old dirty has been there a while oil. Wipe it off and check back later. If it shows back up you've got a slow valve cover gasket leak. Wouldn't be unheard of and is a very common area for all engines to leak.
Thanks for your response. There was a lot more before. At first I thought it was just dirt. When I wiped it, i smelled the rag and it smelled like oil and gas. I'll continue to check on it and see more builds up again.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
It smelling of oil and gas sounds more like an active leak. If it was just a spill you wouldn't smell gas. It sounds to me like you have a warranty trip in your future, unfortunately. Keep an eye on it and update anyway to be sure!

SharpAndy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6spd
Oh heck, I have the same thing going on right now. thought I was crazy that a new car would already have a valve cover gasket leak. I checked all the bolts and none were loose. Guess I have another phone call to make...ugh, this is getting old.

OP
OP

gemini19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT
Oh heck, I have the same thing going on right now. thought I was crazy that a new car would already have a valve cover gasket leak. I checked all the bolts and none were loose. Guess I have another phone call to make...ugh, this is getting old.
I took it to the dealer and they replaced the gasket under warranty. So far it seems the issue was fixed and is no longer leaking.

SharpAndy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6spd
I took it to the dealer and they replaced the gasket under warranty. So far it seems the issue was fixed and is no longer leaking.
Glad to hear they took care of it. My car has been in for so many things already, they're probably sick of seeing me. So I'll just add it to the list...