• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Phone mount

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I know there's an existing thread but it's old and didn't really give much content. Before "why don't you just use CarPlay/AA", I need a phone mount because one of my absolute favorite apps isn't compatible with CarPlay. I don't know why- and it's a paid app too so yeah, sucks. But it's the only app I know of where I can save the routes I stole from PCA drives, and it doesn't display on the CarPlay screen so I need a mount.

https://rallista.app/

Obviously this wouldn't be a problem if the Integra had normal vents like 99.9% of all other cars on the road. However, it doesn't. There are a few sketchy suggestions from Google and Amazon, but wanted to query the forums for suggestions. Preferably ones that have been used and have worked well under "spirited" driving conditions.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I agree. I also will always need a phone mount and don't prefer the wireless connections. I ordered this one to experiment with last night since the reviews were good and I will post back.

IMG_2417.png

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I ordered a Proclip mount for a '22 Civic Si last August and it's been perfect. I highly recommend it. I had one in my prior WRX, and my wife uses one in her Lexus and they've always been flawless, have never come loose or fallen or even needed readjustment after installation. The mount is custom built to fit the dash of each car model, and the holder that attaches to the mount is then interchangeable between mounts.

I just checked their site and they've finally added a formal mount option for the '23 Integra. It appears to be identical to the '22 Civic Si mount that I ordered last year.

For anyone interested, here are some pics and info for my installation:

1 - Overview without Phone.jpg
2 - Overview with Phone.jpg
3 - Looking Right.jpg
4 - Looking Left.jpg

For size reference, the phone in the pic is a Samsung Galaxy S8+, very similar in size to my current Pixel 6. The holder is adjustable for width and very sturdy. I added the felt tape in the first image myself. None was ever necessary in our other cars, and I doubt it's necessary here, but I was going all out rattle hunting and was leaving nothing to chance!

I use a 6" or 12" cable for charging, and got the cable holder from Amazon, about $8 for a pack of 20. Link: Amazon cable holder

This allows me to use Android Auto for music & navigation, while using simultaneously using the Torque app to monitor boost pressure, coolant temp, fuel flow, and other interesting items.

OP
OP
optronix

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^I saw the Proclip and it did seem like a viable solution, but did want at least one direct positive validation. Thanks! I'll check it out.

The one that slides over the screen is... interesting. I'll have to wait for a firsthand review of it. @bpebler keep us posted.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
^I saw the Proclip and it did seem like a viable solution, but did want at least one direct positive validation. Thanks! I'll check it out.

The one that slides over the screen is... interesting. I'll have to wait for a firsthand review of it. @bpebler keep us posted.
Absolutely. I've been curious if the unit itself needs to "breathe" or if this...case, basically...makes the unit retain heat. Not sure if that really matters since it gets direct sunlight anyway. Hopefully it's firm enough to keep in place. I've already been trying different phone cases with mounts while spirited driving my truck trying to get it to fall off. 😆

3R5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
I'm not a fan of vent mounts so I went a different route. I got this mount on amazon that uses a suction cup instead of 3m tape and so far it's stayed put even in 100 degree weather we've been having in SoCal. The phone mount is a basic magsafe mount but you can put any kind of mount that has the ball attachment on the back of it. The phone has minimal vibration and stays put even with spirited driving with several curves and sharp turns.

IMG_3666.jpg
IMG_3667.jpg
IMG_3668.jpg

jmoncer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'95 300ZX TT, '13 Frontier, '24 Integra Type S
I'm not a fan of vent mounts so I went a different route. I got this mount on amazon that uses a suction cup instead of 3m tape and so far it's stayed put even in 100 degree weather we've been having in SoCal. The phone mount is a basic magsafe mount but you can put any kind of mount that has the ball attachment on the back of it. The phone has minimal vibration and stays put even with spirited driving with several curves and sharp turns.

IMG_3666.jpg
IMG_3667.jpg
IMG_3668.jpg
Have a link for this? I looked on Amazon for "ESR" but didn't see this particular mount.

3R5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Have a link for this? I looked on Amazon for "ESR" but didn't see this particular mount.
this is the mount. it comes with a phone holder but i wanted a magsafe one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097D7XKKZ?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

here is the holder i have. they also make a charger version but since I plug in for car play I didn't need the charging

https://www.amazon.com/ESR-HaloLock-Magnetic-Compatible-Charging/dp/B0B38P9TF8/ref=sr_1_4?crid=GZUCNYUYO3VQ&keywords=esr+magsafe+mount&qid=1690821910&sprefix=esr+magsafe+moun,aps,164&sr=8-4

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Ok, partially reporting back. Still need to put it to use & abuse first. I ordered a "Tesla style phone mount" from Amazon - there are several to choose from, so no need to post a link - can just Google it. I haven't had much luck with 3M taped phone mounts, but like the position of it, in theory. So we'll see & report back. Sticks on the back of the screen

I also saw this sort of weird one by Martoffes. It's basically a very cheaply made plastic cover that shrouds the screen. Has a little ball socket that slides & locks in the preferred place & has this weird looking "gravity holder" 😆. In the videos & pics on their website, it had the Honda logo & looked like it was battery operated - it's not. Also, cheap feel.

BUT - my plan was to converge my truck mount from Course Motorsports (large magnet) onto this to see if it works well in motion. I do like the little tray on top. I might have a friend 3D print one slightly different with better material.

I mainly did this bc even the A-tach mount that looks nice still blocks some of the vent & I don't want to wedge anything in the trim.

IMG_2689.jpeg

IMG_2690.jpeg

IMG_2691.jpeg

IMG_2692.jpeg

IMG_2693.jpeg

IMG_2694.jpeg

IMG_2695.jpeg

IMG_2696.jpeg

IMG_2697.jpeg

OP
OP
optronix

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Got and used my ProClip mount today. I installed it just like the poster above. I had to finagle it a bit to get it to seat in properly, but the trim is sturdy (I think it's metal?) so I had confidence if anything broke, it would be the clip. But it was a bit nerve-racking until I got it in there. At first I didn't think there was enough of a gap for the clip to seat in, but it got there eventually without any force or pressure.

Happy to report it looks great and works as advertised. I didn't go full-on 10/10ths track driving, but I did take it through my usual backroads at the intensity I typically go at, and it showed no signs of movement at all.

:thumbsup:, but it was more expensive than I thought it would be. Between the clip and the phone holder, I paid ~$80.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Got and used my ProClip mount today. I installed it just like the poster above. I had to finagle it a bit to get it to seat in properly, but the trim is sturdy (I think it's metal?) so I had confidence if anything broke, it would be the clip. But it was a bit nerve-racking until I got it in there. At first I didn't think there was enough of a gap for the clip to seat in, but it got there eventually without any force or pressure.

Happy to report it looks great and works as advertised. I didn't go full-on 10/10ths track driving, but I did take it through my usual backroads at the intensity I typically go at, and it showed no signs of movement at all.

:thumbsup:, but it was more expensive than I thought it would be. Between the clip and the phone holder, I paid ~$80.
I hear you on cost - I've spent way too much on different cases & mounts. Don't like most of them so far. 😄

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
Proclip is surprisingly expensive. I finally decided that it's worth it to never have to worry about phone mounts again! I've got 20,000 miles with the Proclip in this Integra, including hard back road driving and big unexpected road bumps and have had no problems at all.

I hope you end up liking it!

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Proclip is surprisingly expensive. I finally decided that it's worth it to never have to worry about phone mounts again! I've got 20,000 miles with the Proclip in this Integra, including hard back road driving and big unexpected road bumps and have had no problems at all.

I hope you end up liking it!
Thanks! If it doesn't work out, I was looking at Proclip & A-tach maybe. I have an Amazon special "Tesla style phone mount" as well, but never really cared for 3M taped mounts.

eolsgaard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra
Ok, partially reporting back. Still need to put it to use & abuse first. I ordered a "Tesla style phone mount" from Amazon - there are several to choose from, so no need to post a link - can just Google it. I haven't had much luck with 3M taped phone mounts, but like the position of it, in theory. So we'll see & report back. Sticks on the back of the screen

I also saw this sort of weird one by Martoffes. It's basically a very cheaply made plastic cover that shrouds the screen. Has a little ball socket that slides & locks in the preferred place & has this weird looking "gravity holder" 😆. In the videos & pics on their website, it had the Honda logo & looked like it was battery operated - it's not. Also, cheap feel.

BUT - my plan was to converge my truck mount from Course Motorsports (large magnet) onto this to see if it works well in motion. I do like the little tray on top. I might have a friend 3D print one slightly different with better material.

I mainly did this bc even the A-tach mount that looks nice still blocks some of the vent & I don't want to wedge anything in the trim.

IMG_2689.jpeg

IMG_2690.jpeg

IMG_2691.jpeg

IMG_2692.jpeg

IMG_2693.jpeg

IMG_2694.jpeg

IMG_2695.jpeg

IMG_2696.jpeg

IMG_2697.jpeg
The civic one fits the 9" screen on the Integra?