• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
It’s a good thing that I can’t find a 2022 GR86 or BRZ as I would just instantly buy it. Now I can buy the 2023 Integra without feeling like I missed out as literally nothing else was in stock for me anyway.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
I wonder if you can negotiate with the parts. There’s a lot of profit for the dealer in those. Tell them you want $1500 in installed parts but don’t want the add on instead.
Not even worth it to me... Like the civic this is going to have a strong mod market. I took the non tech A spec because that's all that was available. The only thing I'm truly mad about is the 9" screen. If there's an way to add it, I will - even if it means ordering the monitor and paying the stupid labor charges...

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
Not even worth it to me... Like the civic this is going to have a strong mod market. I took the non tech A spec because that's all that was available. The only thing I'm truly mad about is the 9" screen. If there's an way to add it, I will - even if it means ordering the monitor and paying the stupid labor charges...
Honestly! That screen makes me feel like I'm looking at a cheap car.

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
Honestly! That screen makes me feel like I'm looking at a cheap car.
Time has proven that eventually, even the best factory radios won't support the newest and best features on the market for long. At that point replacing it becomes a quality of life upgrade, and the aftermarket support is fairly matured. Now that 3d printing has become more common, it's only a mater of time before a nice well fitted bracket is easily available ... Even if Honda and Acura go after the 3d printing community again ... If it works and has everything you need, I'd learn to love it until there's a feature you want but don't have. Personally I like the smaller screen more, but wanted wireless android auto and a manual.

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
Time has proven that eventually, even the best factory radios won't support the newest and best features on the market for long. At that point replacing it becomes a quality of life upgrade, and the aftermarket support is fairly matured. Now that 3d printing has become more common, it's only a mater of time before a nice well fitted bracket is easily available ... Even if Honda and Acura go after the 3d printing community again ... If it works and has everything you need, I'd learn to love it until there's a feature you want but don't have. Personally I like the smaller screen more, but wanted wireless android auto and a manual.
I just don't like having a smaller screen for all the things Android Auto/Apple Carplay can do. I don't really care about wireless Android Auto/Carplay since i heard there's a lot of latency anyway.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
Can you wire in your iPhone Apple CarPlay via USB and the reduce wireless audio lag that way? Wireless is good for convenience but wired in is better for sound quality and latency.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Si
Can you wire in your iPhone Apple CarPlay via USB and the reduce wireless audio lag that way? Wireless is good for convenience but wired in is better for sound quality and latency.
Yes. You can always fall back to wired CarPlay or AA.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
So Rob with Redline reviews got a 7 second 0-60 on the Si. He’s a VERY good driver with lightning shifts. Sofyan got around 8 seconds in the Si.

Rob on the Integra got a 7.1 and Sofyan got a 7.4. The 180 lb increase equates to .1 seconds.

I was expecting the CVT to be around 6.9 due to avoiding that shift to 3rd. But it looks like it launches pretty casually. Most likely to circumvent wheel spin. The manuals spinning really boils down to the same casual launch but with more noise. Sofyan on the CVT also hit a 7.1 even though it’s 75 lbs more. So the CVT is indeed quick and the paddles sound very quick and responsive.

In conclusion, the Si and Integra both 6 speed and CVT are all about the same. A drivers race. From a roll however I think the CVT will edge out. Especially the lighter base CVT.

Last edited:

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra - Apex Blue Orchid White Manual
I asked Kirk K: I am pretty darn sure when you reviewed/test drove the 2022 Honda Civic Si versus the 2023 Acura Integra, you said "this is fun" many more times - thus, is the Integra not as much fun? If I am mistaken, then I truly apologize!
Kirk K replied: Civic Si is more fun. Summer tires help a lot on that car.

With that in mind, do you think it's possible to trade up for summer tires the day of purchase? If so, what summer tires would you purchase?

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Si
I asked Kirk K: I am pretty darn sure when you reviewed/test drove the 2022 Honda Civic Si versus the 2023 Acura Integra, you said "this is fun" many more times - thus, is the Integra not as much fun? If I am mistaken, then I truly apologize!

With that in mind, do you think it's possible to trade up for summer tires the day of purchase? If so, what summer tires would you purchase?
Any dealer will install other tires for you, but you'll be paying full price for them unfortunately. Really can't believe Acura put such crappy tires on the top package or didn't make a performance tire an option. They really seem to limit the potential of the platform.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R

TheSmokingTire is the most critical review so far, and he was more critical of the tires than anything else--he recommended swapping them out immediately. I do wonder if better tires would make for decreased road noise as well.

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra, 2020 Yamaha MT09

I'd take it lightly though, or not as a bad thing at least. The impression I got from watching a few reviews is that the Civic is just a bit more raw. The integra is a bit more refined. But they are so similar that unless you actually drove the 2 back to back, you probably wouldn't be able to tell the 2 apart from a driving standpoint. It's still a hard decision for me between the 2 given the huge price difference. From behind the wheel...the si will feel every bit as enjoyable as the Integra.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
It's still a hard decision for me between the 2 given the huge price difference. From behind the wheel...the si will feel every bit as enjoyable as the Integra.
I fully respect that conundrum; that $9,000 gap at MSRP is vast... but plenty (most, even?) Honda dealerships are whittling that gap down significantly with markups and mandatory accessories on the Si and Civic Hatchback Touring. Add the average markup onto the Si/Touring and then factor in the features they lack when compared to the top-spec Integra at MSRP and it's a no-brainer, for me.

Granted, that's assuming your Acura dealership is selling at MSRP, but I think most have found success in finding dealers willing to sell at MSRP.