• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Now we wait for the Type-S Integra

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I'm thinking 272 or 300HP 2.0T
Hoping for Manual from the CTR and optional DCT
Still a SLIGHT chance at AWD, but not very hopeful for it.

What are you all hoping/expecting?

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
My guess is the TLX 2.0. This allows both the AWD system and automatic trans to come with it.
Sufficiently seperate from the Type R and everyone wins.

I am interested in the price point. My guess is 38k but then the CTR is the same price.. unless that’s intended, basically you can just pick auto or manual trans for the same price and neither steps on each other’s Toes there too.

OP
OP
bullitt

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
My guess is the TLX 2.0. This allows both the AWD system and automatic trans to come with it.
Sufficiently seperate from the Type R and everyone wins.

I am interested in the price point. My guess is 38k but then the CTR is the same price.. unless that’s intended, basically you can just pick auto or manual trans for the same price and neither steps on each other’s Toes there too.
Lets you pick Hot Hatch or Comfy Hatch. There has been a lot of rumor about Honda developing a Touring version of the CTR, perhaps this is it.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatch CVT, 2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6M (traded for '20)
If it's 300hp and AWD you're gonna be seeing over $40k. They aren't going to make it the same price as the R with better options.

OP
OP
bullitt

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
If it's 300hp and AWD you're gonna be seeing over $40k. They aren't going to make it the same price as the R with better options.
Not likely by much.
We already have leaked info the A-Spec will be 33-34K. AWD is $2,000 for the TLX that will put it at 35-36K. Gives about 4-5k wiggle room to fit the CTR engine. The 3.0TT is a $6,000 pkg for the TLX but also comes with Active dampeners that we don't know the Integra will get. So, the Type-S even with AWD could end up coming in JUST under 40K, but more likely the 40-42K range. This would put is as a slightly cheaper option to a base Audi S3 option. Same power, AWD, but a couple K less. It would give the Integra and 3 a similar relationship to the Si and GTi when it comes to price/performance.

What will come into play is if there will still be Technology or Premium Packages. That may drive it closer to 44K, but still priced to compete with the base S3.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Yeah I almost see this car as a GTI/golf R competitor but also can play with the germans.
my pricing structure looks like:

1. ILX premium package is now standard (2k option, justifies increase of base price to 30k).
2. A spec pack (+2.5, +3.5k if DCT)
3. Advanced package unknown, you can now get RDX with both a spec and advanced trim together. If together highest trim would be about 38k if seperate the highest trim would be ~34-35k.
4. That leaves 4-6k for the TypeS package. So yeah 38k start, 40k AWD, unknown if auto trans will be a charge).

fun to theorize, excited for whatever comes our way though!

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
My theory is that the hp number will be in between the tsx and ctr. Maybe around 290. It would be smart to make it appear different and better than a base tsx. At the same time even though the type s is exclusive Acura now and type r is exclusive Honda, they aren’t equal and the type r should have more power. So right in the middle.

Sh awd adds a couple hundred pounds. So even though it would be sweet, I kinda hope it’s light and fwd.

For price, I think 37-39k. Even though Acura should command a higher price than Honda and the interior will be nicer than the CTR, people cross shop with hp. So if it’s a bit less, the price has to reflect it. If it’s the same or more people will have a hard time justifying getting it over the type r with more power. Because of that price guess, I think we will go back to the RSX model of base and type s as the main trims with a mostly cosmetic a spec in the middle.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Acura TL
For the Type-S: 270+ hp, adaptive dampers, dct, ELS sound system, excellent seats and Acura can take my money - the more “+” in hp, the more $ I’ll part with ?

OP
OP
bullitt

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
For the Type-S: 270+ hp, adaptive dampers, dct, ELS sound system, excellent seats and Acura can take my money - the more “+” in hp, the more $ I’ll part with ?
Unless that DCT is better performing than a manual on a track, give me a manual any day. I'd also be fine if the sound system is optional. I personally listen to my car more than I listen to the radio. So to me its dead weight.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Unless that DCT is better performing than a manual on a track, give me a manual any day. I'd also be fine if the sound system is optional. I personally listen to my car more than I listen to the radio. So to me its dead weight.
I’m sure I’m not the only one, but most of us going the Type S route will be looking for the automatic and sound system for comfort and not performance.

That’s the great part about what they are doing here, it sounds like you would be better off with the Type R but hey you are going to have a choice now!

OP
OP
bullitt

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I’m sure I’m not the only one, but most of us going the Type S route will be looking for the automatic and sound system for comfort and not performance.

That’s the great part about what they are doing here, it sounds like you would be better off with the Type R but hey you are going to have a choice now!
I don't want a stripped out boi racer car with shitty seats. Also, unless you're trying to do a 10second quarter, I find an automatic a depressing thing to have in a performance car. more so when one of the BIGEST knocks on the TXL Type-S is its transmission and how it forces upshifts and refuses to hold a gear. the loss of the manual in Audi's are why they are off the table for me.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
Right now the Type R is top on my list especially if they go down to 19s, keep it moonroof free and have the Bose audio. Then it’s pretty much perfect except for the Pep Boys spoiler. I like that it’s 7” shorter but still very roomy with a big trunk.

To get the Type S instead it would need better styling, great leather seats, maybe a better stereo than the Bose, and 6mT. Ok with FWD or AWD. Variable suspension I’m assuming will be on both cars.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Right now the Type R is top on my list especially if they go down to 19s, keep it moonroof free and have the Bose audio. Then it’s pretty much perfect except for the Pep Boys spoiler. I like that it’s 7” shorter but still very roomy with a big trunk.

To get the Type S instead it would need better styling, great leather seats, maybe a better stereo than the Bose, and 6mT. Ok with FWD or AWD. Variable suspension I’m assuming will be on both cars.
We don’t know that the new CTR is 7” shorter than the integra. The wheel base is the same for all of them. The integra is only longer due to cosmetic stuff on the bumpers. The new CTR will have more bulk that the standard hatch. I’d imagine it only ends up a couple of inches shorter than the integra.

OP
OP
bullitt

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
We don’t know that the new CTR is 7” shorter than the integra. The wheel base is the same for all of them. The integra is only longer due to cosmetic stuff on the bumpers. The new CTR will have more bulk that the standard hatch. I’d imagine it only ends up a couple of inches shorter than the integra.
Current CTR is 4.5in longer than the normal Hatch, so the new CTR COULD be only 2-3in shorter than the Integra... which as we ALL know means its massive and way too big for any possible use case.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
Current CTR is 4.5in longer than the normal Hatch, so the new CTR COULD be only 2-3in shorter than the Integra... which as we ALL know means its massive and way too big for any possible use case.
Edmunds says the 10 gen hatch is 177.9” and Type R is 179.4”. Not sure how you get 4.5”.