• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New thoughts on competitive profile

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
Acura and the media talk about comparisons to Mercedes CLA, Audi A3, and BMW 2. I'm gonna challenge that.
I feel that dimension has been overlooked when determining the competition. Exterior size and interior space is what I use to group vehicles together. I'm not saying that drive wheels, horsepower and tech shouldn't be compared, just that those aren't as critical for usability, and go more to character. And character will always be subjective.
So for your consideration, in addition to the obvious Civic Si (which, being from the same parent automaker, is more about price point and preferences);
Audi A5 Sportback. This is a 4 door liftback like the Integra, and comes with two powertrains. The lower level is priced about $10K more than our Acura. It does offer standard AWD not available on an Integra. I find this more comparabe than the A3.
Kia Stinger. Also a 4-door liftback. The base GT-Line has about 100 more horsepower and is RWD. It's priced comparably, but not as luxurious. Dimensionally, it's a bit bigger on the outside and smaller on the inside. That's a downside for me.
Full transparency, I've never driven either of these cars. Both of them weigh more and have more power. I'd compare the base trim on the Audi and Kia against the top trim on the Acura.
What do you guys think about this comparison?
Has anyone cross-shopped them? What about the BMW 4 series?

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
Honestly as much acura would like to think that the integra is being cross-shopped with audi, BMW, or Benz I doubt it's actually happening. Most people who are looking at entry level BMW and Benz are there for the name(Audi I think has more of authentic following). I think the integra will be cross shopped with the usual. Civic Si, kia k5(maybe), gti/gli, wrx, infiniti(maybe), lexus is300/350(maybe). That's my two cents I may be wrong.

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
I considered the Stinger especially since the base motor got a significant power increase for '22. But the Integra won me over with an available manual, better mpg, lighter weight and Honda reliability. If I was leasing or not planning to own for 10+ yrs the Kia may have been my choice.

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I cross-shopped with the Audi A5 Sportback. That car was on the top of my list when I started looking last year. This was before the Integra was even unveiled so that wasn't even my radar. At the time I was interested in the Civic Si and Civic hatch and wondered why there was no Civic Si hatch. I love a hatch/lift/sport-back and to me, the A5 is the best looking by a mile. I really wanted a MT option but it seemed those were gone from everything I was considering. So on paper, the A5 was going to be hard to beat. I went and test drove one in April - I think it was the Premium Plus 40 (201hp), right around $50k. It was quick, quiet, rode great, and handled well. It was even red! It didn't feel fun though. Don't get me wrong, great car. AWD is terrific and the digital instrument cluster was really impressive. The whole car felt very luxurious. I just didn't feel much driving it.

I drove the Integra 6MT in early June and even though it's not in the same class for many things, it's still the same body style and I had tons more fun driving it. The MT is a huge component. I'd probably be happy driving a Civic Si, but no liftback and lots of cut corners on the interior.