• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My dealer offered a way to buy the Type S for MSRP in June

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
So, I get a text today while I was out, the girl I'm dealing with at Acura near my home said, her sales manager told her any customers who successfully reserve a Type S on the 11th and indicate that you will purchase the car from their dealership, they will sell it at MSRP.

Future cars beyond that, she says they will only be allocated 4 cars for the remainder of the calendar year after Junes allocations are filled and those will be with market adjustments.
So, kind of a crappy policy but a way to get one for sticker if you were so inclined.

I am going to try, but I don't have much faith in one, reserving one of the 200 and two, qualifying for financing with less than 10k down.

So, it seems like I will most likely have to wait for December anyway and then look for an available car when I have 30k$ to put down, plus that will also be the end of the calendar year and hopeful more cars will flow after Jan, but I really have no clue about any of that. What do you think of this policy?

burburbur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 740i
Its funny the dealership I'd been talking to in Virginia is doing just the opposite. Anything you get in the first 200 are going to be $5k ADM, but if you put a deposit down on one of their later allocations you can buy it at MSRP if you're local.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Its funny the dealership I'd been talking to in Virginia is doing just the opposite. Anything you get in the first 200 are going to be $5k ADM, but if you put a deposit down on one of their later allocations you can buy it at MSRP if you're local.
VA huh?
I'm in Ct.
Might need to go on a road trip, get a PO box.

burburbur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 740i
VA huh?
I'm in Ct.
Might need to go on a road trip, get a PO box.
The honest dealer thread lists a dealer in CT and one in MA that seem to be selling at MSRP. If that info is accurate you can probably save the trip...

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Unless - that amount is for the Acura forced launch accessories for the first 200. Which would make sense according to what your dealer is telling you.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
The honest dealer thread lists a dealer in CT and one in MA that seem to be selling at MSRP. If that info is accurate you can probably save the trip...
I missed those, I will have to go through all the posts.
Someone should make a sticky and make it a simple list with the dealers by state, so we don't have to refer to this thread now that it is multiple pages,

burburbur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 740i
I missed those, I will have to go through all the posts.
Someone should make a sticky and make it a simple list with the dealers by state, so we don't have to refer to this thread now that it is multiple pages,
It seems like the OP there is still updating the list in his first post. Not sure its 100% up to date, but he added something I said a day or two ago.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I know its a lot of work, ID be willing to help even but a good list by state alphabetically would be great.
So anyone can quickly refer to it, find their state and tada there is the list of dealers to deal with for a Type S.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
So, I get a text today while I was out, the girl I'm dealing with at Acura near my home said, her sales manager told her any customers who successfully reserve a Type S on the 11th and indicate that you will purchase the car from their dealership, they will sell it at MSRP.

Future cars beyond that, she says they will only be allocated 4 cars for the remainder of the calendar year after Junes allocations are filled and those will be with market adjustments.
So, kind of a crappy policy but a way to get one for sticker if you were so inclined.

I am going to try, but I don't have much faith in one, reserving one of the 200 and two, qualifying for financing with less than 10k down.

So, it seems like I will most likely have to wait for December anyway and then look for an available car when I have 30k$ to put down, plus that will also be the end of the calendar year and hopeful more cars will flow after Jan, but I really have no clue about any of that. What do you think of this policy?
I read that preorders through Acura aren’t allowed to be marked up since you’re given a receipt of the total cost with the deposit.

That said, just some wisdom. If you’re worried about not being able to qualify for financing, the car is too expensive for you. Also, NEVER put that much cash down on a car. 30k?!

Speedyx

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TLX
I read that preorders through Acura aren’t allowed to be marked up since you’re given a receipt of the total cost with the deposit.

That said, just some wisdom. If you’re worried about not being able to qualify for financing, the car is too expensive for you. Also, NEVER put that much cash down on a car. 30k?!
Why would you never put that much down? This isn't a low interest market anymore where before I would of agreed with you.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
If you’re worried about not being able to qualify for financing, the car is too expensive for you. Also, NEVER put that much cash down on a car. 30k?!
Why would you want to finance more than absolutely necessary?

Acura's promotional financing offers are currently 4.9%, and Type-S cars are excluded from that, so let's say Acura's financing will be 5.9% for an ITS. What investments do you have that are guaranteeing a post-tax return of 5.9%?

A 3-month T-Bill is 5.2%. Getting a guaranteed return of 5.9% in this market is nearly impossible to pass up, especially if the if the money is just sitting in a bond fund/HYSA/CD.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Not true--review the Terms & Conditions when the reservation system comes up tomorrow, it'll say the reservation isn't an agreement as to a sale price and that'll be determined by the dealer. It's been a commonality in all Acura reservations.