• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Looks like we know the base Integra engine specs

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
I'm just saying you are still getting what you are paying for and should expect. Youre not getting LESS than the rating which is all you should expect.
That's true, it's just people ALWAYS compare generations which is why there are judgements going around. From 8th to 9th to 10th, in terms of engine alone, they lowered the redline but increased torque every time. Still lots of crying involved despite the pro of torque, this time it's not totally apparent what the pro is. But everyone always enjoys how the newer car feels more rigid/composed so I don't think buyers would be disappointed by any means, especially with the lighter flywheel for me personally. Maybe the 11th Si will be underrated as well with even better tuning potential, everything I said is speculation based on the non-Si dyno comparisons. Also I just noticed this is the integra forum not civics lol.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
And I know that it did gain things like the bigger touchscreen and the bose system so that's a trade off as well. It would be interesting to see the expected profit margin between the 10th and 11th gen Si.
Boy I’d trade both of those things in a heartbeat to get heated seats back. At least I was already set on the Integra so not as much disappointment for me.

OP
OP
Integra

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
i had a Bose system in my Q50 redsport and I was NOT impressed with it. Some reason car stereos always either seem Overly bass heavy, tinny or WAY to much Mid. I'm not sure why it's so hard to have it at least close to balance with how many speakers they have. I've been in cars with 6 speakers and 1 8in sub that sounded MUCH better than the 1000+ watt 12 speaker systems some cars have now.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I think this is good news for integra enthusiasts. The 11th gen civic was clearly developed from the ground up with Honda knowing they were also doing the integra. Removing adaptive dampers and heated seats are to give the base integra a space in the overall line up. It’s a safe bet to assume the base integra will have both of those features with more power and an auto option. If they left that with the Si and had a peak power boost, there wouldn’t be much reason for an Si buyer to go to the integra.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Integra

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
I think this is good news for integra enthusiasts. The 11th gen civic was clear developed from the ground up with Honda knowing they were also doing the integra. Removing adaptive dampers and heated seats are to give the base integra a space in the overall line up. It’s a safe bet to assume the base integra will have both of those features with more power and an auto option. If they left that with the Si and had a peak power boost, there wouldn’t be much reason for an Si buyer to go to the integra.
I've heard people say the adaptive dampeners sucked or did so little they couldn't even tell hat mode they were in. I find it kind of dumb for them to remove the heated seats though. It was already an option, they should have left it.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
I've heard people say the adaptive dampeners sucked or did so little they couldn't even tell hat mode they were in. I find it kind of dumb for them to remove the heated seats though. It was already an option, they should have left it.
I can attest to that, the adaptive dampers were unnoticeable at best. The sport mode was just great for the throttle changes

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
They may have been worthless in real world use. But it’s still a flashy item on the spec sheet for buyers.

A car manufacturers goal is to get every buyer to jump up one level in trim or model. They want base civic people to get an si and want si people to get the base integra.

If you were cross shopping and saw that the integra was 2-3k more expensive but had the adaptive dampers and heated and cooled seats, lots of people will make that jump. Mission accomplished.

When you compare gen 10 to gen 11, gen 11 in many ways looks like a down grade. But Honda doesn’t look at it that way. They see it as this gen Si is placed under the base integra. So they needed to spec it that way.

OP
OP
Integra

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
They may have been worthless in real world use. But it’s still a flashy item on the spec sheet for buyers.

A car manufacturers goal is to get every buyer to jump up one level in trim or model. They want base civic people to get an si and want si people to get the base integra.

If you were cross shopping and saw that the integra was 2-3k more expensive but had the adaptive dampers and heated and cooled seats, lots of people will make that jump. Mission accomplished.

When you compare gen 10 to gen 11, gen 11 in many ways looks like a down grade. But Honda doesn’t look at it that way. They see it as this gen Si is placed under the base integra. So they needed to spec it that way.
The base Integra is going to be Civic Touring price though, not Si price. The Si will likely be about 25-26K. The Touring is about 28-29K, the Integra is going to be 29-30. More people will be cross shopping touring and Integra than Si and Integra. The Integra seems to be getting a position of Si + Touring.

Nessism

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 EX-T Civic
i had a Bose system in my Q50 redsport and I was NOT impressed with it. Some reason car stereos always either seem Overly bass heavy, tinny or WAY to much Mid. I'm not sure why it's so hard to have it at least close to balance with how many speakers they have. I've been in cars with 6 speakers and 1 8in sub that sounded MUCH better than the 1000+ watt 12 speaker systems some cars have now.
I've got a 2017 EX-T and the sound system sucks. I'd like to upgrade my car and one of the must haves is a better audio system.

Regarding power, we have to remember than the Civic engine is 1.5 L. More boost means more power but there are limits. There are also a lot of underlying factors that guys hanging out on a forum don't know. Such as, what is Honda's CAFE position? They may not have room in the budget for a more powerful engine in the base Integra.