• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
We need reads of the CVT ECUs in order to add support for them. Feel free to email support if you're interested in the product and want to help streamline that process.
Hoping you could chime in Mr KTuner with some questions I have. My Honda tuning experience is with K-Pro pre multiple drive modes and a customized drive mode. I couldn’t change the suspension or even steering feel. So it was very black and white. You load the tune and that’s what it drives on. So I’m wondering:

1) the stage 0, is that on all drive modes since it doesn’t specify?

2) follow up to #1 if yes, does that basically make all drive modes the same except for suspension and steering? Since stock the sport throttle mapping etc is different than comfort. If stg 0 engine tune overrides the slightly different stock ones to one stg 0, I’d assume this is also yes.

3) the maps that have stg1 on normal and stg2 on sport for example. Is comfort stock?

4) follow up to #3, how does this work with individual mode? When you say stg2 is on sport, is that technically referring to the “engine” in sport? So if you went to individual mode and put the engine in sport but suspension in normal and steering in comfort let’s say, will it still be on the map with 21 psi?

5) when it comes to the CVT. I understand you’ve yet to test this particular 1.5T set up with CVT but have tuned CVT before on other civics. the CVT ratios or logic changed at all with tunes or is it just engine mapping?

KTuner

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Car(s)
2017 Si
To sum it up quickly: On any tune you start with you have full control of all of the boost target levels and can change them with a simple drop down menu. One set of boost targets for sport and one set for all other modes. You also have access to the target tables to make custom changes.

You can alter throttle responsiveness, turbo responsiveness, and more, which will alter all modes. Each mode's own alterations still stand... a comfort mode will be dumbed down throttle for ECO etc.

We also have on the fly map switching which allows you to setup three tunes that have separate Turbo Responsiveness and Boost Targets, so six targets total. Three for sport and three for non-sport. You can switch between those with the cruise control buttons or right on a V2 unit from the main menu.

Features like flex fuel, advanced VSA, etc, are applied in all modes. Advanced VSA can be disabled by turning on Cruise Main.

We don't alter or control any of the other modules, so anything transmission, suspension, or steering related is unchanged by us. Additional power demand may alter how the transmission controller decides to shift, etc, but that is all factory programming.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Amazing. Thank you for taking that time. Couple follow up questions. What if I wanted to use cruise control how it’s intended? Is it disabled and I can’t use it because the buttons now swap between maps?

And I have a sold grasp now on what’s altered and how certain things are applied to all modes,and some are sport or non sport. Is individual mode considered non sport?

For example, if I put it in sport, triggering the tunes boost targets, let’s say stage 1, etc. The suspension and steering since you don’t alter them would also go to the factory sport settings for that category. What if I want the tune that’s triggered from sport, the 21 psi stg2(I understand that this is all editable but I’d rather leave things how they come from you and not need to worry about associated fuel trim etc if I go moving boost targets) but I want softer suspension. Can I do sport engine but comfort suspension in individual mode?

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Si
Amazing. Thank you for taking that time. Couple follow up questions. What if I wanted to use cruise control how it’s intended? Is it disabled and I can’t use it because the buttons now swap between maps?

And I have a sold grasp now on what’s altered and how certain things are applied to all modes,and some are sport or non sport. Is individual mode considered non sport?

For example, if I put it in sport, triggering the tunes boost targets, let’s say stage 1, etc. The suspension and steering since you don’t alter them would also go to the factory sport settings for that category. What if I want the tune that’s triggered from sport, the 21 psi stg2(I understand that this is all editable but I’d rather leave things how they come from you and not need to worry about associated fuel trim etc if I go moving boost targets) but I want softer suspension. Can I do sport engine but comfort suspension in individual mode?
Cruise control still works as normal. Just when it is enabled, advanced VSA is disabled.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
What about this part though “You can switch between those with the cruise control buttons”

And I plan to use cruise a lot. Between TJA and stuff, it’s very handy while commuting. I’d hate to have VSA off that much.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm ordering mine from phearable.net since they discount their tune by $100. Need to get back home so I can get the ECU p/n than I can order

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Just ordered mine with the phearable 1.5R tune.

I was able to get the ECU p/n by removing the top of the air box and taking a picture with my phone. Didn't want to unbolt it. 37820-6LM-A02 was mine

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I’m at 800 without going over 4000 rpm, I feel that is sufficient- just my opinion. Granted I have a75 mile per day round trip to work and I got mine may 31
I’m at 800 without going over 4000 rpm, I feel that is sufficient- just my opinion. Granted I have a75 mile per day round trip to work and I got mine may 31
How did you keep it under 4k? I think I touch 6k everytime I drive it. Also highway it's hard to keep it under 90 unless there's traffic.

OP
OP
bguttery

bguttery

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6-speed manual

ITR32

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra, Civic, Odyssey
I have used Ktuner on a few vehicles, and they’ve been great with their support.

Just got a CVT model Integra, and Ktuner asked for an ECU upload, which I just did. Hopefully they’ll have something released shortly. They’ve been very quick to add support in the past.

KTuner

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Car(s)
2017 Si
I have used Ktuner on a few vehicles, and they’ve been great with their support.

Just got a CVT model Integra, and Ktuner asked for an ECU upload, which I just did. Hopefully they’ll have something released shortly. They’ve been very quick to add support in the past.
I really appreciate you getting that read to me so quickly. Luckily the codebase is a match so it was very quick to add and live test. I've updated the software to include support and it's live on the website. Just download and re-install. It should tell you that you've updated versions when you launch and have you update your account.

For those looking for the CVT support the ECU range is 37820-6LM-A51 to A52 and I've added that to the website as well.

Happy tuning!

ITR32

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra, Civic, Odyssey
KTuner the company was super fast to release their tunes. Thank you!

Just installed the 21psi tune, enabled early spool, set throttle response and turbo response to improved 2. Set just like our 2022 1.5t Civic Touring. This feels faster. Quicker spool maybe even with same settings.

I’m good now! Car is plenty quick enough. All the lag is gone. The deadness of the pedal is gone. It can dart into open spots in traffic it couldn’t before. It pulls earlier and longer. It just feels right. Like the factory should make sport mode to begin with.

Feels great. Probably going to get a PRL intake (like on my Civic, for sound) and call it good.

OP
OP
bguttery

bguttery

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6-speed manual
KTuner the company was super fast to release their tunes. Thank you!

Just installed the 21psi tune, enabled early spool, set throttle response and turbo response to improved 2. Set just like our 2022 1.5t Civic Touring. This feels faster. Quicker spool maybe even with same settings.

I’m good now! Car is plenty quick enough. All the lag is gone. The deadness of the pedal is gone. It can dart into open spots in traffic it couldn’t before. It pulls earlier and longer. It just feels right. Like the factory should make sport mode to begin with.

Feels great. Probably going to get a PRL intake (like on my Civic, for sound) and call it good.
How do you change throttle and turbo response?

ITR32

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra, Civic, Odyssey
How do you change throttle and turbo response?
So, once you have a tune selected, there are options in submenus. KTuner can tell much better than I can, but there’s a quick toggles area and a quick settings area. Sounds almost the same, but has different things.

They offer some 22 and 23 psi tunes, but they come with a warning that they’re for upgraded clutch users. Us CVT people won’t be getting new clutches, so I tried to be relatively safe. Not totally maxed out. More, but not crazy.