• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SteamedHams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5G Integra 6MT
Does OTF map switching work without having to keep the KTuner connected?

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Does OTF map switching work without having to keep the KTuner connected?
Yes. It just will default to map 1 once the car is turned off. Keeping Ktuner plugged in will save the map you are on.

Subby625

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 2023
Forgive any ignorance in my question, I'm an extreme noob to car mods, especially tuning. I'm loving my new Integra 6MT, but can't help but feel it could just us a little more power to be perfect. For example, taking off from a traffic light could just feel a bit quicker, and I feel it's missing that little "oomph" throughout the gears.

My question is whether picking up a Ktuner and just installing a basic tune would be enough to basically give me what I"m looking for while being easy enough that I won't mess anything up? What would I be looking to do to accomplish this?

And just as an aside, I'm considering adding a front strut tower bar for more stability as well.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Forgive any ignorance in my question, I'm an extreme noob to car mods, especially tuning. I'm loving my new Integra 6MT, but can't help but feel it could just us a little more power to be perfect. For example, taking off from a traffic light could just feel a bit quicker, and I feel it's missing that little "oomph" throughout the gears.

My question is whether picking up a Ktuner and just installing a basic tune would be enough to basically give me what I"m looking for while being easy enough that I won't mess anything up? What would I be looking to do to accomplish this?

And just as an aside, I'm considering adding a front strut tower bar for more stability as well.
https://www.phearable.net/engine-computers/ktuner-systems/ktuner-flash-tunepackage.html

This is what I'm thinking about getting. It's supposed to be more or less plug and play.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs

If you looking to add a little kick to the car then a tune is the way to go. If you want worry free plug and play then the 18psi map is ideal but I suggest going into quick adjustments and changing the boost target ramp rate to at least improved level 1 and boost responsiveness to level 2.

SteamedHams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5G Integra 6MT
It would appear that my clutch indeed slips on the Starter 23 tune (not unexpected I should add). I did some datalogging today to see what kind of gains I could get with the OTS tunes. For illustrative purposes I replaced AFR with speed because there's no other way to chart speed on VD. You can see that for both 23psi runs there's a noticable dip in MPH relative to RPM compared to factory. That eff's up the graph so don't bother looking at it, but the factory run was clean. Also, ignore the absolute numbers themselves, since I had to guesstimate the CD and frontal area. I'll have to run these again tomorrow with the 21psi map to see how the clutch holds up.

23 Starter.jpeg

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It would appear that my clutch indeed slips on the Starter 23 tune (not unexpected I should add). I did some datalogging today to see what kind of gains I could get with the OTS tunes. For illustrative purposes I replaced AFR with speed because there's no other way to chart speed on VD. You can see that for both 23psi runs there's a noticable dip in MPH relative to RPM compared to factory. That eff's up the graph so don't bother looking at it, but the factory run was clean. Also, ignore the absolute numbers themselves, since I had to guesstimate the CD and frontal area. I'll have to run these again tomorrow with the 21psi map to see how the clutch holds up.

23 Starter.jpeg
Did you lose traction on any of these runs? Was VSA off. I noticed these dips on my runs too but it was due to traction issue

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Since I will also occasionally be towing my motorcycle, before I tune I'm definitely upgrading the clutch. It just seems like a good - if not fairly expensive - idea.*

*I have no illusions that I'd be able to do the work myself.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Since I will also occasionally be towing my motorcycle, before I tune I'm definitely upgrading the clutch. It just seems like a good - if not fairly expensive - idea.*

*I have no illusions that I'd be able to do the work myself.
Yea at 21 psi with boost target ramp at aggressive I experienced clutch slip. You floor the car and the tach gets stuck for like 4 sec. Happens on the low end. If you floor the car at like 4500 rpm it doesn't happen but anything below it presents itself

KTuner

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Car(s)
2017 Si
On the 10th Gen Civics it was always at low RPM and generally in higher gears that this happened. Setting the ramp more aggressively gives you higher boost targets earlier, and thusly more torque, any time you hit it! You can curb this both in the boost target tables and with boost by gear options, as they have their own ramping options for low RPM.

SteamedHams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5G Integra 6MT
Did you lose traction on any of these runs? Was VSA off. I noticed these dips on my runs too but it was due to traction issue
No issues with traction. Seems like it's all clutch slippage. Even if it's a traction issue, the MPH vs RPM graph wouldn't be affected, because the wheels are still going to be spinning at the correct speed relative to the engine if there was no traction issues. The only way the engine will spin faster than it's supposed to relative to the wheel's speed is if something in between them is not hooking them up correctly, which in this case is the clutch.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No issues with traction. Seems like it's all clutch slippage. Even if it's a traction issue, the MPH vs RPM graph wouldn't be affected, because the wheels are still going to be spinning at the correct speed relative to the engine if there was no traction issues. The only way the engine will spin faster than it's supposed to relative to the wheel's speed is if something in between them is not hooking them up correctly, which in this case is the clutch.
Got cha. 23 psi is too much. Even 21 psi is pushing it. I'm going to be doing a video on 18psi but I've back down to 20psi and left it there

SteamedHams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5G Integra 6MT
Did a little more testing, and found some good news and bad news.

Good news is that I tried starting the 23psi runs at a higher RPM to try to avoid clutch slip, and I think that was successful. On 91 pump I got 43whp over stock. Couldn't really get the WTQ numbers because my starting point was after peak, but suffice to say it should be really healthy, probably around 50-60WTQ over stock.

Redo.jpeg

The bad news is that it would appear I'm also slipping on the 21 map, and even a little bit on the 19 map.
Still slipping.jpeg

The semi-good news is that in the real world, nobody is (or should be) mashing the go-pedal at low RPMs like that; WOT pulls at speed would usually be done in an appropriate gear which should be well past the point in the torque curve where the clutch is likely to slip. That said, though, it's still a bummer that the factory clutch is such a weak spot for this car. For that matter, I'll probably stick with a 19/23 tune and just be mindful not to hammer the throttle at low RPMs in sport mode.

Last edited:

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did a little more testing, and found some good news and bad news.

Good news is that I tried starting the 23psi runs at a higher RPM to try to avoid clutch slip, and I think that was successful. On 91 pump I got 43whp over stock. Couldn't really get the WTQ numbers because my starting point was after peak, but suffice to say it should be really healthy, probably around 50-60WTQ over stock.

Redo.jpeg

The bad news is that it would appear I'm also slipping on the 21 map, and even a little bit on the 19 map.
Still slipping.jpeg

The semi-good news is that in the real world, nobody is (or should be) mashing the go-pedal at low RPMs like that; WOT pulls at speed would usually be done in an appropriate gear which should be well past the point in the torque curve where the clutch is likely to slip. That said, though, it's still a bummer that the factory clutch is such a weak spot for this car. For that matter, I'll probably stick with a 19/23 tune and just be mindful not to hammer the throttle at low RPMs in sport mode.
Im surprised your getting clutch slip at 19psi. What quick adjustment settings are using. Im at 20psi/throttle response level 3/boost target improved level 1/turbo response level 2 and im not having any clutch slipping. at 21 psi it happens for me though. As soon as i hit the gas the rpms get stuck and i go no where. It really does suck that the stock clutch is so weak.