• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI S4, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
A partial ppf install and ceramic coating requires very little extra effort to paint correct all of the surfaces.

Any car shipped from the factory (especially by rail) needs a complete paint decontamination to clean the paint before either ppf or ceramic coating is applied, IMO.

It is true that ppf alone will "minimize" swirls, but it is a matter of how deep and how visible the swirls (scratches) are in the paint that will have ppf.

A good ppf should include wrapping all edges, which means detailing the edges and under the edges to ensure full adhesion.

Having owned cars with a partial hood, front fenders, bumper and rocker panels with ppf, I have never had any damages on the other panels. An additional full hood and front fenders doubles that price.

B-RapidK20

First Name
Sherm
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GX460, 2022 Cayman GTS, 2022 Corolla hatch
Yup, I am going full front PPF wrap, plus roof (black), then will do the paint correction and ceramic myself as a happy medium. If I screw it up, can have it done professionally later :)
I’m also in the Bay Area and ppf is sooo expensive here. The one in Fremont quoted me $9500 for a full ppf. Where are you going for ppf?

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
I’m also in the Bay Area and ppf is sooo expensive here. The one in Fremont quoted me $9500 for a full ppf. Where are you going for ppf?
Assume you are talking about OCD, LOL. They do good work but are silly expensive thanks to the Tesla crew. I am using AVO in Walnut Creek, $2.5k for full front (Maxim Wrap) which is pretty standard. I haven't used them, but multiple friends have and were very happy. Depends what product you want though, don't think they do Xpel as an example.

B-RapidK20

First Name
Sherm
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GX460, 2022 Cayman GTS, 2022 Corolla hatch
Assume you are talking about OCD, LOL. They do good work but are silly expensive thanks to the Tesla crew. I am using AVO in Walnut Creek, $2.5k for full front (Maxim Wrap) which is pretty standard. I haven't used them, but multiple friends have and were very happy. Depends what product you want though, don't think they do Xpel as an example.
Yes OCD haha. Thanks I will give AVO a look 👍

nawfoo

First Name
Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
cheapest ive gotten for just the front end was $750 in Las Vegas.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI S4, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
cheapest ive gotten for just the front end was $750 in Las Vegas.
$750 -$800 for frt bumper, partial hood and partial fenders is a good range for Xpel.....ppf only using precut sections and doing edge wrap. (outside of large metro areas)

A good decontamination with clay bar runs $100-250.

Paint correction is dependent on level of corrections.

If you wish to do your own ceramic coating afterwards, it is an easy task and runs under $150 for mat'ls.

OP
OP
jmoncer

jmoncer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'95 300ZX TT, '13 Frontier, '24 Integra Type S
The installers who do ceramic and PPF will default to PPF. Less labor, bigger margins, faster turnaround. If its about making money they will grab as much as they can from you and the next person.

I have seen some terrible paint after removing the PPF as well as. And with the PPF on I don't think you can see the actual paint as well either.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Yup, I am going full front PPF wrap, plus roof (black), then will do the paint correction and ceramic myself as a happy medium. If I screw it up, can have it done professionally later :)
For DIYers, use this: https://ammonyc.com/products/ammo-reflex-pro-ii-enamel-coat

Impossible to screw up and lasts at least 9 months of serious shine and hydrophic "beading". I've used it on 3 cars now, the most substantial being my son's 2012 Civic Si. Around this time last year, as a birthday present I did a full paint correction/polish and applied the original Ammo Reflex enamel coat (the new version is better). We bought his car used and it was well cared for, but it looked amazing after that initial application.

He then proceeded to not touch it for over a year. Not a single wash. It's been parked outside, and still somehow shines and beads water. Amazing.

I used it on my 718 and an RS5 I had. I just traded in the 718 last week, it was still astonishingly shiny, easy to clean, and beaded water like crazy. I did nothing more than clay and "cleanse" the paint with isopropyl alcohol before application; zero correction and Reflex can be applied to PPF or paint. I applied it originally in November. Similar results with the RS5 but I didn't keep that one very long.

As for paint correction on a new car- it depends. As mentioned, I did not do a correction on the 718. It could have used it, because there were some post-delivery "holograms", and the claying probably didn't help... but only I would have noticed or cared- and I didn't lol.

Here's a great video on the topic from one of the most obsessive detailers on the planet (also creates his own detailing products, Reflex being one of them). FOLLOW HIS CHANNEL AND WATCH HIS VIDEOS! Larry is awesome.

The rear brakes are the most disappointing part of this car lol. At least they're painted... but even my "entry level Porsche" Boxster had 4 piston rears. 😥

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
The rear brakes are the most disappointing part of this car lol. At least they're painted... but even my "entry level Porsche" Boxster had 4 piston rears. 😥
Your entry level Boxster is a mid engine RWD car with a slightly rear biased weight distribution. Integra is a FWD car with most of it's weight on the nose. It's unlikely you will see any benefit going with larger brakes in the rear other than to give your ABS a workout unless you like tracking it with passengers in the back :)

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
For DIYers, use this: https://ammonyc.com/products/ammo-reflex-pro-ii-enamel-coat

Impossible to screw up and lasts at least 9 months of serious shine and hydrophic "beading". I've used it on 3 cars now, the most substantial being my son's 2012 Civic Si. Around this time last year, as a birthday present I did a full paint correction/polish and applied the original Ammo Reflex enamel coat (the new version is better). We bought his car used and it was well cared for, but it looked amazing after that initial application.

He then proceeded to not touch it for over a year. Not a single wash. It's been parked outside, and still somehow shines and beads water. Amazing.

I used it on my 718 and an RS5 I had. I just traded in the 718 last week, it was still astonishingly shiny, easy to clean, and beaded water like crazy. I did nothing more than clay and "cleanse" the paint with isopropyl alcohol before application; zero correction and Reflex can be applied to PPF or paint. I applied it originally in November. Similar results with the RS5 but I didn't keep that one very long.

As for paint correction on a new car- it depends. As mentioned, I did not do a correction on the 718. It could have used it, because there were some post-delivery "holograms", and the claying probably didn't help... but only I would have noticed or cared- and I didn't lol.

Here's a great video on the topic from one of the most obsessive detailers on the planet (also creates his own detailing products, Reflex being one of them). FOLLOW HIS CHANNEL AND WATCH HIS VIDEOS! Larry is awesome.

Paragon has a kit that remounts the rear to allow for a larger floating rotor.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Your entry level Boxster is a mid engine RWD car with a slightly rear biased weight distribution. Integra is a FWD car with most of it's weight on the nose. It's unlikely you will see any benefit going with larger brakes in the rear other than to give your ABS a workout unless you like tracking it with passengers in the back :)
Paragon has a kit that remounts the rear to allow for a larger floating rotor.
I get it- I just hate the way they look. I don't think an aftermarket solution will net any major performance increase, and the aesthetic element probably isn't worth the cost (but I will probably investigate it anyway...).

Just commiserating as it is literally the only thing that I'd list as a gripe for me. I don't doubt the braking performance is anything less than great for the ITS.

Also FWIW, I chose the Boxster over a 992 911 S not in small part because I hated how tiny the front brakes were and didn't want to spend $8k for the PCCBs. Brakes are a big part of the aesthetic for me.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I get it- I just hate the way they look. I don't think an aftermarket solution will net any major performance increase, and the aesthetic element probably isn't worth the cost (but I will probably investigate it anyway...).

Just commiserating as it is literally the only thing that I'd list as a gripe for me. I don't doubt the braking performance is anything less than great for the ITS.

Also FWIW, I chose the Boxster over a 992 911 S not in small part because I hated how tiny the front brakes were and didn't want to spend $8k for the PCCBs. Brakes are a big part of the aesthetic for me.
I agree it's my gripe as well. I would actually consider this kit just to make the rear seem artificially larger and match the fronts 2 piece rotor. Maybe get one of those ebay stick on Brembo caliper covers 😂