• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Hey team, thought I would post this up for everyone's enjoyment. This was the best lap I put down at this event.

I ran a 2:19 with my Stinger GT but had lots more time at the track with it. I was taking it pretty easy and it was my first time at a track with a manual trans. Those of you who know this track will know it's painfully slow. Early turn in, late turn in, coasting, early braking, not accelerating full throttle, etc. I was doing it all, LOL!

As a frame of reference, on the grand course, Car and driver put down a 2:58 last year with the FL5 on sport cup 2's. Of course I was stock on PS4S. My best Grand Course time was 3:32 at this event.

This lap is the "Full Course" configuration with is almost a mile shorter. First day was grand course, second day was full course.

Oh, I'm running in intermediate group, no instructor. I advanced from Novice with my previous car. On my you tube channel I have several laps with the Stinger as well. Stinger was heavily modified with roughly 475 WHP, lowering springs, sway bars, wider wheels, etc. RWD, not AWD. I carried more speed basically everywhere on the track.

The ITS/FL5 Platform should run 8+ seconds faster than the stinger in the hands of a good driver. So here you go...go easy on me with the commentary, LOL.

One note, the speed is GPS based using Track Addict, so speed is a little laggy. It's accurate, just doesn't keep up during hard acceleration or braking.

Last edited:

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6M
What did you do for brake pads, brake fluid, and/or alignment?

OP
OP
StingertimeNC

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
What did you do for brake pads, brake fluid, and/or alignment?
Stock alignment/suspension. Hawk DTC-60 front pads, Hawk DTC-30 rear pads, Motul RBF 660 brake fluid. Otherwise stock.

Brake pads and fluid were fine for track duty. I'm sure there are tons of ways to skin this cat, but what I went with was fine and not terribly expensive. I put the stock pads back on the front when I got home, and switched the rears to Hawk HPS 5.0. I'll probably switch the front pads to HPS 5.0's also.

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
I love VIR.. was just there in my C8 Z06. I had buddies there with an FL5 and FK8.

I’m trying to decide if i should take out my ITS periodically to give the C8 a break… did you have any issues at all with the car? FL5 for my friends have done really well….

OP
OP
StingertimeNC

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
You should definitely take ITS to the track! What a difference from a RWD high power car. I was used to 500 HP RWD with springs and sways, so this was a big change for me. Since I last went I dropped the car, added apex rims, and rear sway bar. hoping it feels a bit more stable on track.
You will have a blast with it. You would probablky be fine with just pads and fluid. nothing more.

OP
OP
StingertimeNC

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Headed back to VIR in three weeks! Can't wait. Had my first oil change today (Mobil 1- 0W20, full synthetic) and checked all suspension bolts for proper torque, while it was up on the alignment rack. Also removed guide pins from the front dampers to tweak the camber a bit. All we could muster up was -2.1 left and -2.2 right.

Rears are stuck at -2.2. Nothing I can do about that at this point.

Hopefully the Eibach springs and rear sway, along with the 275/30 Conti's will help with body control. Looking for some confidence!!

Anybody else want to meet me at the track???? Would be fun to have more than one ITS in attendance.
IMG_3166.jpeg
IMG_3167.jpeg

Last edited: