• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I guess theres still some rev left

Screenshot_20230421-205616.png

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
maybe Hondata or someone can figure out a way to flash the R+ gauges.
If it's like Fords system all the themes are built into the all the dashes. I can use a edit tool to set my center unit to display the Shelby, Raptor, Ford GT, Lincoln themes and splash screens.

ChiroCale

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Honda Ridgeline
If it's like Fords system all the themes are built into the all the dashes. I can use a edit tool to set my center unit to display the Shelby, Raptor, Ford GT, Lincoln themes and splash screens.
That is a great feature.

ChiroCale

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Honda Ridgeline
Must admit I was mildly disappointed that the type S didn’t have a more exciting dash like the FL5.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Man, I’ve gotta say that after watching more videos on the FL5, the gauge cluster and infotainment is definitely a step backwards on the ITS.

The +R dash looks great (IMDb just drive around with that on all the time), and the individual mode customization is much better on the FL5 (there’s much more customization offered on the FL5 than what is offered in the ITS). I’m hopeful that maybe with OBD-II flashing, someone will figure out a way to do a custom dash GUI or something like that.

On the flip side, I think the ITS looks better from every angle than the FL5. The FL5 reminds me a bit of the EK9 in that it’s a very subtle and smooth design that will likely age very well. But the ITS is much more sharp and angular, without the ridiculous looks of the FK8.

Fortunately, the driving dynamics should be pretty much identical to the FL5, which will make for a fantastic all-around vehicle.

Seac

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
(Sold) 1986 MR2
Man, I’ve gotta say that after watching more videos on the FL5, the gauge cluster and infotainment is definitely a step backwards on the ITS.

The +R dash looks great (IMDb just drive around with that on all the time), and the individual mode customization is much better on the FL5 (there’s much more customization offered on the FL5 than what is offered in the ITS). I’m hopeful that maybe with OBD-II flashing, someone will figure out a way to do a custom dash GUI or something like that.

On the flip side, I think the ITS looks better from every angle than the FL5. The FL5 reminds me a bit of the EK9 in that it’s a very subtle and smooth design that will likely age very well. But the ITS is much more sharp and angular, without the ridiculous looks of the FK8.

Fortunately, the driving dynamics should be pretty much identical to the FL5, which will make for a fantastic all-around vehicle.
I'm very much hoping the dynamics will be the same, every reviewer wanted the FL5 to be a bit softer on the suspension and I think we'll probably get that with the ITS. So since the curb weight was closer to the FL5 than most were thinking, I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
I'm very much hoping the dynamics will be the same, every reviewer wanted the FL5 to be a bit softer on the suspension and I think we'll probably get that with the ITS. So since the curb weight was closer to the FL5 than most were thinking, I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.
Hopefully damping/spring rates will be a bit softer, but many reviewers claimed that when you set the FL5 up in individual mode with the suspension set to comfort, the car was quite good.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
Hopefully damping/spring rates will be a bit softer, but many reviewers claimed that when you set the FL5 up in individual mode with the suspension set to comfort, the car was quite good.
some people are disabling them on the Civic forums. I'm pretty confident they'll share the same dampers with a different tune. Possibly different springs but the ride can be tuned by damper control. Doesn't matter anyway, most people will be lowering it anyway.

Sphinx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata
some people are disabling them on the Civic forums. I'm pretty confident they'll share the same dampers with a different tune. Possibly different springs but the ride can be tuned by damper control. Doesn't matter anyway, most people will be lowering it anyway.
Which is insane to me. You pay all this money for such a good setup and then you ruin it.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
I'm going with H&R spring. Perfect drop and their springs are very high quality and also they also supply OEMs with suspension parts. I find JDM springs to sag.
1682446161144.png

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
True, if you only over wanted a soft damper setting you could buy and run the damper bypass switches. That way you could still switch drive modes to keep all the other changes, while maintaining the soft damper setting.

As for lowering the car, I’d run either H&R or Swift springs. But then I’d worry about the valving in the dampers, and blowing the dampers, as I can’t imagine they’re cheap to replace (although I’d imagine that there will be some good static dampers released from the likes of Bilstein or Ohlins)

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm going with H&R spring. Perfect drop and their springs are very high quality and also they also supply OEMs with suspension parts. I find JDM springs to sag.
1682446161144.png
Are the spring rates same or greater that OEM? I have seen some alot softer. Spoon shows it 10% greater than OEM so these should sag.