• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Welp here we go. Local dealer says they will mark it up 15k.
If you want it at MSRP, expand your search radius and call more dealers--you'll find more Acura dealerships willing to sell at MSRP than you will Honda dealerships.

PorscheGt23

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITR 911
Are Tlx type S currently or was marked up?
They are most definitely gonna ride the Fl5 type R wave and probably gonna play the same games unfortunately since itā€™s a very ā€œsimilarā€ car.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
I think this car has a specific niche buyer. It sure isnā€™t going pull anyone looking for awd twin clutch competitors. I would assume most buyers are hardcore Honda fans and car enthusiast, looking for the driving experience. There will be quite a few FL5 spill over like me and few others here that refuse to pay markups.
Agreed, but thereā€™s def a subset of buyers who might just want a sporty sedan. Also in my experience, most salesmen donā€™t know enough about the car for them to be able to defend against ā€œwhy would I pay 20k more for a car thatā€™s ā€˜inferiorā€˜ on all the specs on the spec sheet?ā€

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
absolutely - HOWEVER - it's interesting to see that a few dealerships are repeating similar things ... May orders, June deliveries, 200 units at launch ... may not be 100% but should mean we are at least very close to the car hitting lots! the rest, we'll see.
Some of this could be echo chamber stuff (like reservations opening on May 11th, car salespeople gossip and speculate too), but Acura's already said the on-sale date will be sometime in June.

As for the 200 (or whatever small-ish number) units at launch and limited color combos at launch, those are just to be expected with the production process:
  • The Marysville plant will build 30+ cars in one given spec before changing the line for another spec.
  • You do that a handful of times and you've got a few hundred cars that go by train to Chicago for distribution.
  • From there, they truck them to dealerships for sale.
They've got 12 color combos for the US (6 for Canda), if you have to manufacture 30+ of a given combo before moving to another, making sure that you don't end up with a pile of cars at the end of the line or waiting at distribution, it'll take some time to get down the list to certain combos. How Acura will prioritize combos is anyone's guess. They got them out in waves last year, at least this time they're not juggling interior and exterior colors + two different transmissions.

One thing that stands out to me about the list that was circulated earlier...

Tiger Eye Pearl/Ebony (50)
Liquid Carbon Metallic/Red (50)
Apex Blue Pearl/Orchid (50)
Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony (50)

the only Canadian color combos included are TEP/Ebony and LCM/Red, but I suppose it's possible, just stood out to me.

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
One thing that stands out to me about the list that was circulated earlier...

Tiger Eye Pearl/Ebony (50)
Liquid Carbon Metallic/Red (50)
Apex Blue Pearl/Orchid (50)
Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony (50)

the only Canadian color combos included are TEP/Ebony and LCM/Red, but I suppose it's possible, just stood out to me.
Good pointā€¦ its strange to say the least

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
Youā€™d think theyā€™d make the popular combos first. They could be popular, I donno but blue with white interior seems so niche.

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
New to the forum, excited for the Type S. My dealer in NC said the same. May 11th and 200 cars for the southeast region.

Also was informed that although they are an MSRP dealership (even PMC), this is the first car that will have a markup on it until supply increases. Going to have to take my name and deposit off their list now I guess. Currently looking for other dealers that may šŸ¤ž be more willing to sell at Msrp.
Welcome to the board. Where in NC? I live in Morrisville and got my A-Spec Tech 6MT from Leith Acura in Cary last year. They sold at MSRP but required about $700 in mandatory accessories. So not really MSRP but at least I was able to get the few things I wanted.

I'm not getting a Type S, best of luck to all of you!

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Youā€™d think theyā€™d make the popular combos first. They could be popular, I donno but blue with white interior seems so niche.
There must be some kind of logic involved to if/why these combos were chosen, but consumers will never know for sure--there are only two combos with Orchid interiors and I suppose it would make sense from a supply standpoint to work in at least one of those in the initial run. Blue/Orchid was also one of the launch colors last year, and could've been/could still be popular.

24DE5TypeS

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 RSX Type S
Email-blasted a handful of dealers around TX asking about the reservation process. Had one indicate they intend to add $5K markup, so that lead didn't go any further. Wound up putting a deposit down with a local dealership that stated they'll be selling at MSRP and will be receiving 7 allocations. We'll see whether that actually plays out, though.
Where in Tx?

MickleNoot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
(Soon) '24 Integra Type S, '70 RB26-powered 240Z
Where in Tx?
Austin area. The dealer that mentioned ADM was in northern San Antonio. I contacted two dealers in Dallas and one in Houston, but they weren't taking deposits at the time and hadn't confirmed allocations. Granted, that could change tomorrow at the rate things are going.

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 Q60 RS, 07 997TT, 94 300ZX TT
I think this car has a specific niche buyer. It sure isnā€™t going pull anyone looking for awd twin clutch competitors. I would assume most buyers are hardcore Honda fans and car enthusiast, looking for the driving experience. There will be quite a few FL5 spill over like me and few others here that refuse to pay markups.
I guess I'm one of the exceptions. Never owned a Honda product before, unless you count lawnmowers. :D I have always bought Japanese cars but the high-revving NA VTEC with FWD was never my thing. I'm looking for a practical (read hatchback) and turbo fun to drive daily driver, already have other dedicated fun cars in the garage. Ideally manual with AWD since I have to deal with snow in the winter. GR Corolla was actually my first choice but it's just as hard to get as CTR and is pretty low-rent inside. Started looking at CTR and test drove a A-Spec, really enjoyed the driving experience with the 6MT. For me it's really not about the actual dollar amount as much as value for the money. I refuse to pay ADM, if I have to buy some additional accessories I can live with that. If ITS market turns out like the CTR I will just move on to look at BMW Gran Coupe or Audi Sportbck. I know there is also the Golf R but I just can't get excited about how it looks.

Frosty_DE5

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 LSM ITS
Does anybody have good pictures of the red interior? Iā€™ve been anti-red since I saw the reveal but just saw a video that made red look pretty goodā€¦ I absolutely need a white exterior but now Iā€™m torn between ebony and red interior

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Type R
Does anybody have good pictures of the red interior? Iā€™ve been anti-red since I saw the reveal but just saw a video that made red look pretty goodā€¦ I absolutely need a white exterior but now Iā€™m torn between ebony and red interior
Same

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Hopefully later today Raitiā€™s Rides will show more of the red interior. We have to rely on folks like this until Acura finally tells us full details. (Insert beat a dead horse emoji). Stop milking it Acura & tell us things already! šŸ«£šŸ˜†

eculley

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I walk.
My dealer told me they already submitted their orders and white / red was definitely an option. With that being said, my local Austin dealer is scummy so who knows if what they're saying is true or not.