• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
I'm going to guess if both cars will be like the BRZ/FRS. You're really not going to be able to tell the difference. Type S will most likely bit softer than the overtly harsh +R mode other than that, every component down to bascially the weight are identical.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Me too. I expect these features from an Acura.

Mike
It's possible they could change between today's prototype and the June production models--I remember Redline Reviews highlighting the two USB-C outlets in the rear of the A-Spec + Tech Integra last year which ultimately became USB-A outlets in the production model. You might be able to find more info in the owners manual:

https://www.integraforums.com/forum/2024acuraintegraownersmanual.pdf

I note the heated wheel is flagged in the manual as a Canadian feature. As for the USB ports in the back, the manual suggests models with the 9" touch screen (Tech Package and Type-S) have two rear USB-Ports, but there's also an asterisk that indicates "Not available in all models." It's not clear if this is referring to the Base and A-Spec models, or those + the Type-S.

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
I'm going to guess if both cars will be like the BRZ/FRS. You're really not going to be able to tell the difference. Type S will most likely bit softer than the overtly harsh +R mode other than that, every component down to bascially the weight are identical.
I like the BRZ vs FRS comparisons. Definitely feels more like this than a real step up into a luxury brand.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
I think you mean Mark. Jack is the Asian guy. Last I knew he had a GR86? And a C6 Z06 before that?
Whoops, maybe you’re right. I thought Jack sold his C6 Z06 for the FL5, but I’m probably wrong and it’s Mark who has it.

Either way, one of them has it as their personal car, so it will be interesting to hear their thoughts on the DE5 coming from an FL5 owner who also gets to drive a variety of the competition.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
I think you mean Mark. Jack is the Asian guy. Last I knew he had a GR86? And a C6 Z06 before that?

I watch too many YouTube vids.

I do think that introduces tremendous bias, because he has his car and that's what he knows. All other cars are measured against that. For example, his review of the G87 M2, he was hypercritical of it because it wasn't an F87 M2. That's important to be spelled out, because it seems they were pretty much the outliers in their review of that car. Pretty much everyone else seemed to love it.
there might be bias but I agree with them. it happens all the time. Older m2 is a better car engagment wise, I can understand what he was saying. Newer cars behave better and faster but almost ways it polishes off any edges or character the previous car had. All the best driver cars are had some kinda flaws that gave them excitment or personality. Like the Miata is objectively a horrible car, thats what makes it sucha great car to drive. I think the new m2 is probably one of the worst looking cars to hit the market, they are easily avalible with no markets currently. That says plenty of about well the car is received.

Last edited:

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
After really looking through the owner's manual, I'm starting to think the Type-S will have rear USB ports (the image icon suggests USB-C, but could be USB-A). They've carefully differentiated the 2.0L features vs those of the other models, but the wording seems to suggest the Type-S will have them because it has the 9" infotainment up front, and 9" infotainment models get the rear USB ports. Who knows? They've got time to edit the manual before the car is released, but as-is, there are USB's in the back.

As for the power passenger seat, not something I'm counting on--the manual specifically speaks to "front power seat(s)" which tells me there's a model with one power front seat (Type-S) and a model with two (Tech). The Type-S might have memory seating, it doesn't really say which models have it and which do not, just "*Not available in all models".

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1999 NSX, 2024 Civic Type R
Anyone know if those front bumper vents are functional or fake?
As was previously mentioned, they are real, they lead to the air curtains in the front wheel wells. The intakes are oversized for their purpose but that's ok. I think Honda learned their lesson from the tenth gen Civic HB/CTR and so there is likely a mandatory "NO FAKE VENTS" order in place.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R

dadcab

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Acura RDX PMC, 2017 Acura MDX Advance
Isn't there also a "stop sale" order right now because of the seats?

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
they can ask all they want for the car, clearly there are not buyers at those prices, hence the cars are just sitting. I dont know any bank that is going to lend out that kind of money for a car in this market, actually if you don't have great credit getting a car will be very hard right now.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Isn't there also a "stop sale" order right now because of the seats?
Technically, but I got calls from 2 dealerships the week after the order was put in place offering me a chance to buy Type-R's they had in transit--one as $12k over MSRP, the other at $15k. It didn't occur to me to ask how/when one would take possession of a car the manufacturer is saying they can't sell! :hmm:

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
there might be bias but I agree with them. it happens all the time. Older m2 is a better car engagment wise, I can understand what he was saying. Newer cars behave better and faster but almost ways it polishes off any edges or character the previous car had. All the best driver cars are had some kinda flaws that gave them excitment or personality. Like the Miata is objectively a horrible car, thats what makes it sucha great car to drive. I think the new m2 is probably one of the worst looking cars to hit the market, they are easily avalible with no markets currently. That says plenty of about well the car is received.
It seems like you have a good amount of information on the G87 that I'm not sure can be actually validated.

a) Have you driven one? Not sure how you can assess a car's level of engagement without a good opportunity to drive it. And then my next question would be where was it driven, because as we all know a jaunt through a residential area and highway traffic is going to be a different experience than a good back road. I could be wrong but knowing that only a handful of people have even taken delivery of their cars, I can only assume you haven't had the opportunity to drive a G87 in anger and are just going off the TH review? One of my points is that no one should take any review at full face value, and here I'd strongly encourage you to drive one before you write it off as "less engaging".

b) True, I've found that it's not necessarily difficult to find a dealership that will tell you they won't be marking up a G87 M2. To my experience, they'll also tell you they're at least a year out for allocations. I just don't think that's enough data to extract how well the car is received. Until cars are left sitting on lots for months, we're left to assume. So while we're at it, the lack of a markup might have more to do with a better pricing and supply chain strategy by BMW as they plan to sell a shit load of them. I don't know if this is true, but I think it's just as likely as "the car isn't well received". Just not enough to work with, the review embargo lifted 2 weeks ago. I think people who've been on waitlists for a while are driving them now, but still far too early to tell.

Look, I know the car has not had the warmest reception, I'm not here to argue that. But Throttle House is alone in their take on the M2 relative to most other journalists. There's a lot to be said about that as well. Are they "bucking the trend" of journalists just there to schmooze automakers? Or are they actually just off with their take? Personally I think they have a tendency to be a bit contrarian but I still love their channel. I just don't really agree with them all the time- and that's fine. There's plenty of reviewers out there. I would be truly sad if they suddenly stopped making videos so don't think I'm attacking Throttle House either.

Also FWIW, if you watch carefully they do admit they had a much better time in the automatic. BMW's manuals have never been all that great, and I will also concede that I think that the manual in the G87 is more of an afterthought/novelty than an actual selling point. Maybe that's the actual root of the controversy; Throttle House is just calling out the fact that BMW half-assed their effort with the manual on the G87, but the rest of the car is actually good. (If you can get past the looks, which yes are pretty divisive).

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
never driven any of the new bimmers, but I've owned a e92 m3. I can say bmws are quite overrated and fairly boring and numb. Also any of these cars like the Golf R or BMW's with a manuals were just an after thought, there was really no thought in to engineering it. I say that owning a GTI, manuals really suck on these cars. You can tell there wasn't much R&D in to making it good. Thats what you get when cars were originally designed as a auto and you just drop a manual in to it.
Autos will always be the better option. Either way I would never pay 70k for a 2 door so its not even on my radar, I hope for 70k you get a amazing car. I find that I can get all the car I need for 20k, Type S is just a emotional buy for me. I'm not even quite sure if I'll even go though with sucha big purchase going in to a recession.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Technically, but I got calls from 2 dealerships the week after the order was put in place offering me a chance to buy Type-R's they had in transit--one as $12k over MSRP, the other at $15k. It didn't occur to me to ask how/when one would take possession of a car the manufacturer is saying they can't sell! :hmm:
Did you
Did you buy an Aspec?