• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

lunchbox

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Manual
Pretty bummed the seats are the same. They don't have a very inspiring feel to them and now they're in a car with a much higher performance ceiling.

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 Si CBP Coupe; '16 EX-L EGP
I hope they price it competitively and right around the Type-R. More than I’d say 1.5k over Type-R MSRP and I will have to pass.

driving my current integra for nearly a year now, the fenders, air ducts and other aero components, exhaust, etc are appealing but anything more than an 8-9k bump for a larger motor and more aggressive styling is hard for me to justify. I understand the BBK, the active exhaust and all too but my thoughts remain.
If it's anything like the '23 Type R Civic....it will have ADM attached....the R is up to $20-$25k additional...no....thanks...

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
In the short term, it’ll hod its value much better than the normal Integra (just like how the TLX Type S has held its value better than the TLX A-Spec).

In the long run, I think it will do quite well. It’s likely the last performance, manual transmission Acura will make. Just look at prices on a good condition RSX Type S or manual TL Type S.
Its a mechanically same type R twin. People that know, know. It's the final ICE only sports model and in 20-30 years on BAT, theses things will be sought after if its stock and clean.

treyk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
In the short term, it’ll hod its value much better than the normal Integra (just like how the TLX Type S has held its value better than the TLX A-Spec).

In the long run, I think it will do quite well. It’s likely the last performance, manual transmission Acura will make. Just look at prices on a good condition RSX Type S or manual TL Type S.
Good point. Later down the line I might make that upgrade but only time will tell.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
If it's anything like the '23 Type R Civic....it will have ADM attached....the R is up to $20-$25k additional...no....thanks...
So gross. The cars that you can get for msrp at nearly 70k makes the crazy ADM valuations look so dumb. I guess some folks want their Hondas though and will pay the price. I just want a fun and reliable car and for +50k, there are so many (subjectively) ‘better’ cars to be had

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Its a mechanically same type R twin. People that know, know. It's the final ICE only sports model and in 20-30 years on BAT, theses things will be sought after if its stock and clean.
Yeah, that’s part of the appeal of buying one.

Not only is it a very fun and practical car to use today as a daily driver, but in 10-15 years, I suspect clean versions will be worth a good amount of money (not more than the new price, but not nearly as affected by depreciation as a “normal” car would be”).

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Hondata has a tune now for the FL5
I have an ASpec tech with cvt so my tuning potential is limited. Really waiting for aesthetic and handling mods as well as interior goodies to come through other than the OEM offerings. It hung for an ‘emblem-less’ front grill (retaining the sensors though) and some rear diffusers and side skirts as well as interior trim replacements

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Wheats027

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Civic Type R/23 Integra 6spd
I'm hoping the general reception of the Integra continues to be "Meh"...

This helps us buyers in the long run and with dealer markup. The 11th gen civic reviewed so well and every auto outlet adores the Si and Type R. I think this hurts us and why we see +5K markups on even just an Si.

I wanted an Si before buying my Integra. I was like so many others that probably came to the conclusion that the upgrades on the Integra didn't exactly feel like they were worth $9k over an Si.

HOWEVER, since it was absolutely IMPOSSIBLE for me to get my hand on an Si for anything less than $35k, it made it IMMEDIATELY easy to drop that money on the Integra. It became a no brainer scenario when I went to my local Acura dealership and they pretty much presented me with color options and it was choice at MSRP.

All I am getting at here is that The Integra Type S (to me) can officially cost up to $55k and still be a better deal than the Civic Type R, as long as I can buy it at MSRP. Because I have yet to find any Type R at less than that cost. In fact, I think the Civic Type R should be ready to rot on dealer lots if the Integra Type S ends up being more like high $40's and can be purchased at MSRP.

akgunit007

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 CW Type R
Does anyone know if the Type S will be limited in production like the Type R?

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Does anyone know if the Type S will be limited in production like the Type R?
No official word, but other Type S models (TLX, MDX) are not limited in production volume.

Only the PMC edition of the TLX Type S is a limited edition vehicle.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
No official word, but other Type S models (TLX, MDX) are not limited in production volume.

Only the PMC edition of the TLX Type S is a limited edition vehicle.
I know I read an article somewhere stating the TLX Type S would be a limited to producing about 2k a year and based on customer orders.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
I know I read an article somewhere stating the TLX Type S would be a limited to producing about 2k a year and based on customer orders.
I’m wondering if that was just based on forecasted demand, saying “we’re producing 2k/yr because that’s what we’re forecasting we’ll sell”?

The PMC TLX was limited to 300 cars.

I haven’t heard of any production limits on the MDX Type S.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I’m wondering if that was just based on forecasted demand, saying “we’re producing 2k/yr because that’s what we’re forecasting we’ll sell”?

The PMC TLX was limited to 300 cars.

I haven’t heard of any production limits on the MDX Type S.
I think they sold 3k integras for March of 2023. So maybe 5 to 10% of these will be TypeS?