• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
I feel like Acura doesn't know about the Golf R. All their claims about have the only this or that in it's class is just wrong. The Golf R has a manual trans and 315HP (5hp lower šŸ™„) with "pop and bang exhaust" . On top of that AWD with a drift mode and cooled seats. I know the interior is bad on the Golf but still a lot to consider for what you get. With a MSRP of 48k on the Golf I don't know how Acura is going to price this but if it's anywhere near what a CTR is I'm worried.
I believe all the press voted that Type R was a better drivers car than the golf R, take it for what its worth.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
Here's the summary of Pros I'm gathering for the ITS vs the CTR:
Integra type S:
  • Power memory seats with heating
  • Heads up display
  • Parking sensors
  • Pops and bangs exhaust tune
  • ELS Audio system
  • Multiple interior color options
  • More exterior color options
  • 5 more HP
  • More comfortable suspension tuning
Civic Type R:
  • Bucket Seats
  • Functional Aero
  • 30 lbs lighter
  • LogR System
  • Track Gauges/ Shift Lights
  • Stiffer Suspension for track use
  • Slightly more rear seat headroom
All those Type R parts are straight bolt ons however you can't easly bolt on what the Type S comes with to the R.

ldentikit

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
87 Cressida
Just spoke to my salesman at the dealer Iā€™m going through and he said that they found out this past Saturday that Acura is gonna do the reservation process again like they did with the initial Integra launch. I guess take it with a grain of salt but thatā€™s what he said.
As someone not familiar with that initial launch what was it like?

Iā€™m strongly debating between this and the type r but if this is relatively easy to get at MSRP itā€™ll be hard to say no to.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
Correct. However, the Type-S is ment to be more street then race just like the Golf R.
suspension, steering are essentially the same, I bet it uses the same springs also with slightly less tuned adjustable dampers. Only thing more streetable are the seats/stereo

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
What are yall predictions on how the ITS will hold its value over time?
Probably like any other luxury vehicle
I'm hoping I can get 30k for my Aspec..

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
As someone not familiar with that initial launch what was it like?

Iā€™m strongly debating between this and the type r but if this is relatively easy to get at MSRP itā€™ll be hard to say no to.
It's easier to find MSRP only Acura dealers than Honda ones. I paid MSRP and was the first Integra sold at the dealership I went to.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
It's easier to find MSRP only Acura dealers than Honda ones. I paid MSRP and was the first Integra sold at the dealership I went to.
My local Acura dealer is also a msrp only dealer. Was able to place a order. First blue they'll receive.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
My local Acura dealer is also a msrp only dealer. Was able to place a order. First blue they'll receive.
Nice. I'm sticking with Liquid carbon metal so the wife might not notice the upgrade

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
What are yall predictions on how the ITS will hold its value over time?
In the short term, itā€™ll hod its value much better than the normal Integra (just like how the TLX Type S has held its value better than the TLX A-Spec).

In the long run, I think it will do quite well. Itā€™s likely the last performance, manual transmission Acura will make. Just look at prices on a good condition RSX Type S or manual TL Type S.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
My first choice would be Performance Red Pearl with the Orchid interior.

Second choice would be Liquid Carbon Metal with the Red interior.