• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra quirks

memo90061

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E350
I've been watching videos about the Integra and it looks so good!
I came across about this video. What do you all think about them? I think the only one that would annoy me would be the information not being the same on both screens.

Could those issues be fixed with an update? I wonder if the GPS info would be corrected with an iOS update or an infotainment update?

enjay4553

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra, 2018 Mazda 3 GT, 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
1) Fixed/Dynamic Guidelines...don't see an issue, the settings work as required. Just keep both on.
2) Electric brakes are more common-place. Also helps with the brake hold function. If you are parked in neutral, you should have the brake on anyway. If you're at a drive-in, you'd likely have the accessory mode on.
3) I agree no liftback button on the interior is sort of annoying but the trunk does not lift up automatically anyway.
4) There is a procedure to put the wipers in an "up" position.
5) Haven't experienced that with Android. Maybe an iOS issue?

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
All I learned from this guy is hes a moron. Or this is a really bad joke vid.

1) His backup camera opinion is stupid AF. Thats the dumbest shit. Why in ANY way does that makes sense? It gives people an option some people don't need to know they are straight but DO want to know if the wheels turned. I dont give a shit how long hes been in AV, that has SHIT to do with how people want to see when they backup.

2) Daytime running lights are a legal requirements in my places. So yeah turning them off could be a legal issue.

3) trunk release may be in the glove compartment, many cars have it there. IN civics its on the floor which we did NOT see him look at.

4) Many cars have a "wiper setting/process" you need to do if you want to put the wipers up. My Infiniti had this.

Thats as far as I made it, this guys seems to not have ANY idea about what hes talking about.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Yes, I don't even want to give this video a click. However, if the lighting quirk is that there is no way to turn them off, then I agree. The stalk says off but even turning to that choice doesn't turn off my auto headlights. Very bizarre!!

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Yes, I don't even want to give this video a click. However, if the lighting quirk is that there is no way to turn them off, then I agree. The stalk says off but even turning to that choice doesn't turn off my auto headlights. Very bizarre!!
The "off" part of it is that it turns off the lights immediately, cancelling the time delay turn off after you've set the parking brake.

OP
OP
memo90061

memo90061

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E350
He has a lot of videos praising the Integra. I think the one that would annoy me the most is the last reason. The GPS navigation doesn’t match what’s on the screen.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I hate videos like that with stupid click bait thumbnails. But from your comments I had to watch. Guys an idiot. Why would anyone want a button inside to completely lift the hatch?

Did he seriously say he got flexed on by an SUV with power liftgate? 🤦‍♂️

The wiper thing, dumb. How do you forget that? They sit lower when off. So starting it with them up is probably striping some gear.

I’ve not once had an issue with the car play and cluster not having the same music correctly. Dude probably has an old iPhone running an old iOS.

I do see why the parking sensor beeping would be annoying. But I don’t experience that because with the CVT they don’t beep in park. Only drive and reverse.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The "off" part of it is that it turns off the lights immediately, cancelling the time delay turn off after you've set the parking brake.
At least I know why that option is there now! Nevertheless, very odd the driver can't turn off the lights while driving.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
At least I know why that option is there now! Nevertheless, very odd the driver can't turn off the lights while driving.
That's one of the very few things I liked about my Tacoma. I had full control of the lights. IIRC the stalk rotated from OFF to DRL to P to ON. Yes, I could even turn off the DRL's. I think that might be just one of the ways trucks skirt DOT car regulations. I could also turn on my fogs/driving lights without having any other lights on.

You may not be able to turn the lights off completely, but anytime you put them on P - even in the dark - the headlights turn off. I do that when I'm pulling into my neighborhood at night, so I don't shine lights through my neighbors windows at the corner.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Odd? You know DRL's have been a legal requirement in most countries and recently the US as well right? Why make 2 version of the same product when you can just have them all have always on DRL's? cheaper to do and it satisfies all legal needs.

Even in my Mustang the DRL's are ALWAYS on as soon as I release my e-break.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Both my Porsche and Lexus not only can you turn the headlights off, but you can also turn off the DRLs. I actually don't think they are mandatory in the US but I could be wrong.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Both my Porsche and Lexus not only can you turn the headlights off, but you can also turn off the DRLs. I actually don't think they are mandatory in the US but I could be wrong.
Interesting. Possibly makes sense your Lexus was the same as my Toyota. I've never had a Porsche, but my Mk6 GTI had a 2 position switch for the lights. Off was DRLs and on was everything. I couldn't just turn on my parking lights while driving, which was a bit of a PITA, because it had a light sensor in the dash that would dim the gauges as it got darker I guess as a way to force you to turn on your lights. I could be driving in broad daylight on the shady side of the road and my gauges would be blank.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
Uh I like that it’s all automatic on she lights. And the Integra steering is reported to be a bit heavier than its Civic counterparts, if we are counting quirks.

Last edited:

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
About the parking sensor beep, you can mute the sound by pressing the right scroll wheel in the MT.