• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra A-Spec w/ Tech 6-speed vs Civic Hatch ST 6-speed

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
One thing I didn’t like about the Civic Hatch ST is the very limited paint options on the 6MT. For 2022 you could get black, white, gray or another gray. I wanted an actual color.

Looks like for 23 they changed some things around and offer boost blue, but that wasn’t an option when I was shopping last year.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
While the Civic Hatchback has a 6MT option, it's not the same short-throw 6MT as the Si and Integra. The reviews liken the Hatchback's shifter to the 6MT that was phased out of the Accord, and it allegedly didn't feel that great. The Si's shifter is new for this year and should feel very similar to the previous Type R shifter. As mentioned before, the Civic Hatchback has no LSD, a softer suspension overall, less rigid body, and no rev matching.

Neither the Si or the Civic Hatchback have adaptive dampers, so if you elect to go with the A-Spec + Tech Integra, you should be able to toggle between a ride that's similar to the Hatchback and the Si on the bumps. The Integra should handle like the Si, which is stiffer than the Hatchback, but should be quieter (also heavier) than the Si. Will the Integra be a little slower than the Si because of weight? Perhaps, but the horsepower numbers of the 2022 are commonly believed to be understated, so some of that could apply to the Integra as well.

That 2 years of complimentary maintenance appears to be across all models of new Acuras, so I'm counting on it.
I went from 2017 Sport hatch 6mT to 2020 Si, and the shifter was indeed quite different, the Sport shifter was more reminiscent of BMW shifters, kind of soft and leisurely. I liked it a lot but did prefer the Si shifter.

The LSD was what really made me love the Si though, I can't go back to an open diff, especially in rain or snow, so that really rules out the ST unfortunately.

If I can't get an CTR or ITR I'm leaning toward ITS 6mT. The ELS and adaptive dampers are big plusses, as is the hatch, vs the Si. I didn't like my Si in sport mode, which sounds like the default setting for the new Si.