• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra A-Spec w/ Tech 6-speed vs Civic Hatch ST 6-speed

addy27190

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus IS250
Hello Guys,

I know this information is nothing new but just creating this as an easy way to access this compare as many people might be cross shopping the Integra vs Civic hatchback ST.

Here are the differences in specs from what i can find, please add if there are more or clarify if i have listed anything wrong.

- 200 hp vs 180
- 192 lb-ft vs 177
- LSD vs no LSD
- 16 speaker ELS 3D sound vs 12 speaker bose
- ADS (Adaptive damper system) vs fixed
- IDS (Individual drive selection)
- Better looking exhaust on the integra (IMO)
- Slightly bigger brakes
- HUD vs no HUD
- Seats with microsuede inserts
- Little quieter ride ? (This is an assumption given its an Acura but who knows)

So the obvious question is, is the 6k or so price difference worth it assuming Integra with destination comes in at around 36k !

Any thoughts !

Greyscale

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Accord, 2007 Accord, 1995 Miata
Memory seats with lumbar - this is what keeps me from the civic. Though I would prefer the civic seat covering, not crazy about the microfiber inserts - don't mind the fake leather as much.

OP
OP

addy27190

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus IS250
1 year extra warranty and possibly 2 years of included service if that other thread is true.
I did a similar pro/con list with the Si which I am heavily considering.
Ohh yeah forgot about the service, most likely that should be true.

Comparison with the Si IMO will largely come down to how they have tuned the driving experience on the Integra. I heard the Si can get jarring on bad roads which is all we have here in Michigan, so i ruled the Si out for me.

The other factor of course will be the sedan vs liftback aspect of it. For me, Integra will be perfect if the driving manners are in between the Civic ST hatch and the Si.

Your thoughts on how the NVH would be like in comparison with the Civic hatch ST ? That's the other factor i am considering, i would expect it to have little more sound deadening.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
The added length for me. The civic ST hatch is 7” shorter. And it seems all in the back. The civic is cut short and IMO with the longer hood, looks out of proportion. The slightly longer rear overhang on the integra makes the profile look MUCH better to me.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
While the Civic Hatchback has a 6MT option, it's not the same short-throw 6MT as the Si and Integra. The reviews liken the Hatchback's shifter to the 6MT that was phased out of the Accord, and it allegedly didn't feel that great. The Si's shifter is new for this year and should feel very similar to the previous Type R shifter. As mentioned before, the Civic Hatchback has no LSD, a softer suspension overall, less rigid body, and no rev matching.

Neither the Si or the Civic Hatchback have adaptive dampers, so if you elect to go with the A-Spec + Tech Integra, you should be able to toggle between a ride that's similar to the Hatchback and the Si on the bumps. The Integra should handle like the Si, which is stiffer than the Hatchback, but should be quieter (also heavier) than the Si. Will the Integra be a little slower than the Si because of weight? Perhaps, but the horsepower numbers of the 2022 are commonly believed to be understated, so some of that could apply to the Integra as well.

That 2 years of complimentary maintenance appears to be across all models of new Acuras, so I'm counting on it.

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Honda CRV EXL, 2004 Acura TSX Manual Previous: 92 Mazda MX6 GT, 93 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4, 99 Honda Civic Si
Ohh yeah forgot about the service, most likely that should be true.

Comparison with the Si IMO will largely come down to how they have tuned the driving experience on the Integra. I heard the Si can get jarring on bad roads which is all we have here in Michigan, so i ruled the Si out for me.

The other factor of course will be the sedan vs liftback aspect of it. For me, Integra will be perfect if the driving manners are in between the Civic ST hatch and the Si.

Your thoughts on how the NVH would be like in comparison with the Civic hatch ST ? That's the other factor i am considering, i would expect it to have little more sound deadening.
Yeah, just about every review I've seen of the Si shows a decidedly firm and sometimes jarring ride. Wish they had kept the adaptive dampers from 10th gen. For that reason alone, I'm giving much more consideration to the Integra.

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
Yeah, just about every review I've seen of the Si shows a decidedly firm and sometimes jarring ride. Wish they had kept the adaptive dampers from 10th gen. For that reason alone, I'm giving much more consideration to the Integra.
If I could get an Si at MSRP I would drop the 18" wheels for 17's and get better riding tires as well. That still doesn't fix the red cloth front seats though... And no silver or dark gray paint offered.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
That 2 years of complimentary maintenance appears to be across all models of new Acuras, so I'm counting on it.
That “complimentary” maintenance is another revenue generation tool dreamt up by the bean counters and wrapped up with a pretty bow by marketing.

The cost will be hidden (dealer options, markup, admin fee, msrp, etc) and passed on to the consumer. It’s designed to get customers to come back for service where they have an opportunity to talk you into additional services at dealer pricing.

In principle I like the idea of building recommended maintenance for the length of the warranty into the cost of the vehicle at a fair price. In reality that industry has real transparency issues so getting a fair price for the service is a challenge.

joshbe89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 6MT
Old thread, but for anyone coming across this comparing the two, there's one other big difference that could be a deal maker/breaker for many, the Civic Hatch has plenty of rear seat head room for an adult and a more usable hatch space. I'm 5'8" and I can't sit in the back of the Integra without seriously slouching down, my head is pressed into the roof. The sales consultant I'm working with is 6' and he literally can't fit in the back of the Integra, but no issue in the Civic Hatch. There is two reasons for this, the roof line/sloping hatch and pushed back rear seats. The Integra is made to look like a sedan and with the extra length the rear seats are pushed back further than the Civic to make the hatch depth the same and more leg room, the result is an usable back seat for many adults, all down to torso length. There is also better visibility out of the Civic Hatch because of this too. I rarely, maybe once a year, have anyone in my back seats, so the LSD, power, shifter, refinement (NVH), audio, and appearance tip the scales for the Integra for me personally.

Last edited:

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Old thread, but for anyone coming across this comparing the two, there's one other big difference that could be a deal maker/breaker for many, the Civic Hatch has plenty of rear seat head room for an adult and a more usable hatch space. I'm 5'8" and I can't sit in the back of the Integra without seriously slouching down, my head is pressed into the roof. The sales consultant I'm working with is 6' and he literally can't fit in the back of the Integra, but no issue in the Civic Hatch. There is two reasons for this, the roof line/sloping hatch and pushed back rear seats. The Integra is made to look like a sedan and with the extra length the rear seats are pushed back further than the Civic to make the hatch depth the same and more leg room, the result is an usable back seat for many adults, all down to torso length. There is also better visibility out of the Civic Hatch because of this too. I rarely, maybe once a year, have anyone in my back seats, so the LSD, power, shifter, refinement (NVH), audio, and appearance tip the scales for the Integra for me personally.
As you mentioned, torso length is a big factor in this headroom issue--I'm 6' (mainly legs) and have no issue with headroom (or leg room), but someone with a longer torso may be brushing the headliner.

I think you're right in evaluating based on the features you'll actually use--I wanted a Civic Si (mainly for nostalgia purposes), but today's Si felt much cheaper than the 2007 Si I previously owned. It had me considering a Sport Touring Hatchback with the manual transmission and a tune for extra power, but that car's shifter is nowhere near as enjoyable as the Si/Integra/CTR. Plus, without a LSD, it's hard to justify a tune for extra power. We're not talking monumental amounts of power here, but what good is having something if you can't use it?

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Honda CR-V TR, 2019 Honda Accord SRT 2.0t/6spd
My issue between the two is:

-Finding a Civic ST 6MT
-Finding said ST 6MT without all the fluff stuff and dealer mark ups.

it’s been MUCH EASIER to find manual integras AND if you own an Acura or select competing brands Acura will even give you a discount.

integra for the win…but I’m not buying anything until I see the new Type S!

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
The rear seat leg room sealed it for me. My 6'1 of more leg than torso can push the drivers seat all the way back and drive comfortably with the kiddos not scrunched into my seat behind me.