• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I made a deal!

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
The $51,995 includes delivery (MSRP = $50,800 + Delivery = $1,195). OTD for those that secured one at MSRP, the total will be $51,195 + applicable sales tax, title, and licensing fees.

For me that is going to be 6.5% tax for a total of $55,374.68 + title and licensing fees. I hope most can avoid ADM, considering it is still a tough pill to swallow at MSRP.
Yes, but the message you quoted was me talking about the car with the $5k ADM that the dealer is going to put on the car after the initial batch, based on the OP's discussion with Acura of Berlin.

So $52k (MSRP + delivery) + $5k ADM after the initial reservation cars + 7.75% sales tax for vehicles over $50k in Connecticut puts you at $61.5k, plus the additional fees, bumping you over $62k.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
It's not perfect, but it assures I'll get the car I want in the color I want for the price I want, around the time I want, all good for me.

nothing to do now but save up, get to December and go order my car.
You didnā€™t ask for my opinion, but Iā€™m going to offer it anyway because I clearly have nothing better to doā€¦

First, by offering to buy $2k in marked up accessories (regardless of whether you were hunting these accessories regardless, you can undoubtedly find them OEM and online from other for MUCH less, even from PRL for example), youā€™re already bidding against yourself. I know itā€™s easier to stomach because you still get stuff, not just ADM, but itā€™s opening negotiations from a point of weakness. The car doesnā€™t exist yet.

Second, you want to buy this car in December. Great. Dealerships know how many cars theyā€™re getting through the end of 2023ā€¦ one extra month takes you to January and a brand new collection of 2024 allocations TBD.

If youā€™d concede to taking delivery in Jan/Feb for a 2024 allocation (maybe with a slightly larger search radius, like driving outside CT), Iā€™m willing to bet you can get a deposit in for MSRP flat.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
You didnā€™t ask for my opinion, but Iā€™m going to offer it anyway because I clearly have nothing better to doā€¦

First, by offering to buy $2k in marked up accessories (regardless of whether you were hunting these accessories regardless, you can undoubtedly find them OEM and online from other for MUCH less, even from PRL for example), youā€™re already bidding against yourself. I know itā€™s easier to stomach because you still get stuff, not just ADM, but itā€™s opening negotiations from a point of weakness. The car doesnā€™t exist yet.

Second, you want to buy this car in December. Great. Dealerships know how many cars theyā€™re getting through the end of 2023ā€¦ one extra month takes you to January and a brand new collection of 2024 allocations TBD.

If youā€™d concede to taking delivery in Jan/Feb for a 2024 allocation (maybe with a slightly larger search radius, like driving outside CT), Iā€™m willing to bet you can get a deposit in for MSRP flat.
All great points, and you are 100% right.
Im not locked in to anything yet, just posted the deal I was able to make but I have yet to do it.
My thinking is as you said, I want one after the new year anyway so maybe I'll just wait, and take my chances, seeing the banking industry fall apart at the same time as the car market who knows what the future holds, but I do think if I wait until Jan 2024, I can probably grab one MSRP without much trouble.

I offered to buy the add On's as an incentive to dealers whose sales managers are stuck on trying to cash in on people's anxiety about getting one.
I can do better for sure, 100% but again, if it helps me get what I want, I don't mind paying for that privilege.
We will see how it all falls, but yes, I am aware of options, and until the moment I sign a deal or leave a deposit anything goes.
I'm almost relieved I am not ready to buy right now Anway, I don't want any of the cars they are shipping, maybe the Apex blue/ Orchid interior but I really don't want the blue, I want a white car.

So Ill just be waiting, saving, and biding my time, also giving me a chance to see how this all plays out for others, if it goes as I hope it will, I don't think I will have much trouble getting a white Type S after Jan 2024 and if I am lucky maybe even with a mid season refresh, there are a few things I don't like about the car as it is now, like the arm rest, the passenger seat, etc.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey
In response to paying 60k OTD, aren't we thinking these probably won't depreciate much? So even if you spend 60k, there's probably a good chance you can drive it for 2-3 years and get most of your money back. Yes?

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
In response to paying 60k OTD, aren't we thinking these probably won't depreciate much? So even if you spend 60k, there's probably a good chance you can drive it for 2-3 years and get most of your money back. Yes?
I do think the car will retain much of its value over time yes.
I'm thinking 52k, plus 2k, plus misc, is 56k$ OTD which surely is more than I had hoped to have to spend to buy this car, but I do think, if you wanted to or had to sell it then you would get your money out of it, or most of it, IMO.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
No pricing there, but I think the Acura press release on the ITS spoke to the "premium colors"--same set as the Base-Tech and other models. I don't know if they said that the paint charge is $600, but I think that's the going rate through Acura.
I don't know about anyone else but also, once I take delivery my first stop is a detail shop for paint correction, detailing, ppf, and tint, etc.. another 2k most likely to protect the car from the start, so when you add it all up, yeah it is at the limits of what I am willing to pay for an Integra.
Many options if you are willing to wait so Ill bide my time, the final quarter this year I think will be a better time to buy a new car and who knows with banks tightening money and making it harder on dealers to get approvals no way to tell what things might look like this far away.
I'm just going to keep saving my money and when December rolls around I'll take a closer look at the market, maybe and FL5 maybe a type s maybe neither.

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 CW CTR, 2002 EBP RSX
Interesting dynamics at play here between The CTR & ITS.
Who knows which will hold value more.
I truly feel Acura couldnā€™t care less about production numbers and will purposely keep availability super low regardless of high demand.
Good luck guysā€¦ hope Iā€™m wrong but Iā€™m expecting a long term shit show just like whatā€™s going on with that ugly ass fl5; hard to find & very expensive for what it is.

raisedhaze

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DA1 Integra, Civic SI, S30, Duramax
Interesting dynamics at play here between The CTR & ITS.
Who knows which will hold value more.
I truly feel Acura couldnā€™t care less about production numbers and will purposely keep availability super low regardless of high demand.
Good luck guysā€¦ hope Iā€™m wrong but Iā€™m expecting a long term shit show just like whatā€™s going on with that ugly ass fl5; hard to find & very expensive for what it is.
I hope they strike a balance with this. I could see them keeping it limited and exclusive considering the MSRP...but I seriously loved the Integras of old that were attainable and had a clear value play vs the Civic of the time to get the premium engine, brakes, interior, etc.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey
Iā€™m expecting a long term shit show just like whatā€™s going on with that ugly ass fl5; hard to find & very expensive for what it is.
Ugly is a bit harsh. It'd be a sweet looking ride if it weren't for that silly clown wing tacked on the rear, which btw looks good from exactly zero angles.

c3_r.jpg

/photoshop

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Well my deal fell apart, and I'm glad it did, I didn't want to travel out of town to leave a deposit I would then wait months for a car and only then found out for sure....
screw it, I'm waiting now.
January 2024 probably or even later maybe Feb or March depends on how sales do, and allocations' flow.
For now, I have no deal, and I am just going to continue to save towards the car, hoping to hit 30k for a down payment so I'm only asking the bank to finance around 25k tops making it much more appealing for the bank and for me.
I want a Type S, and I am sure I will end up with one, I'm just going to be patient and watch as I save, when I am ready, ill start looking for deals, and at that time, be in a good position to buy.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
^^^^
Thatā€™s actually the same timeframe I would prefer to purchase. This is a ā€˜wantā€™ not a ā€˜needā€™. However, if my allocation comes in sooner, so be it. But, like you, I would prefer to wait a little.

Mike

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Well my deal fell apart, and I'm glad it did, I didn't want to travel out of town to leave a deposit I would then wait months for a car and only then found out for sure....
screw it, I'm waiting now.
January 2024 probably or even later maybe Feb or March depends on how sales do, and allocations' flow.
For now, I have no deal, and I am just going to continue to save towards the car, hoping to hit 30k for a down payment so I'm only asking the bank to finance around 25k tops making it much more appealing for the bank and for me.
I want a Type S, and I am sure I will end up with one, I'm just going to be patient and watch as I save, when I am ready, ill start looking for deals, and at that time, be in a good position to buy.
Lol. Are you going to update the title of your thread?

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Just to update this post.
The deal I was making fell through, BUT another dealer in my area accepted "other" terms.

I mentioned my wife needs an RDX as well but we are waiting for a refresh as we don't like the current infotainment system or interior that much.
Plus I want to buy a Type S first.
My local dealer said, if I plan to buy both vehicles from them, they will sell them to me at MSRP.

I came back at him to stipulate that I would not be buying the RDX until I had a few months after taking delivery of the Type S to do tint, ppf etc.. plus another few months to save up a down payment on the RDX, so it could be 8 months or more after I buy the Type S.
AND the other stipulation was my wife has to love it more than other options she has been looking at, namely the Rav4 Limited.
The sales manager got back to me and said, See you in Dec/Jan.

I asked to clarify, you got my terms? he said yep, all good, see you when you are ready.
So, tentatively I have a deal to order or allocate the color Type S I want in Dec or Jan when I am ready to buy at MSRP, it's a ways off yet so when we get closer to Dec I will update this again and see if in fact he kept his word.
Part of the agreement was when I come in, in Dec/Jan to order they will have 4 to 6 months to get me the car.
With this deal, I am not required to order any add on's or accessories or anything either just order the car I want in the color I want.
I hope this one sticks.