• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I made a deal!

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I got a local dealer to commmit to sellling me a car when Im ready in December, 12/22 for MSRP plus up to 2k in add on's that I select, accessories etc..
they said they will do it.
The only issue obviously is allocations, they won't know how long it is going to take them to get me the car once I come in and I am ready to buy, But I told them as long as they deliver the car within 6 months or no later than June 1st 2024 that I will give them a deposit now and come see them in December when I'm ready to order the car and take delivery, and go from there.
It's not perfect, but it assures I'll get the car I want in the color I want for the price I want, around the time I want, all good for me.
Tomorrow if I can get this in writing, then I'm
preview-928x522.jpg
done shopping, nothing to do now but save up, get to December and go order my car.

zozi8816

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model3
imo u wont have any issues getting the car before June 2024.
It's made in Ohio, engine is made there too. basically USDM.
I hope you get it sooner than later though.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
imo u wont have any issues getting the car before June 2024.
It's made in Ohio, engine is made there too. basically USDM.
I hope you get it sooner than later though.
This is my thinking as well, I'm not in a rush, I just would like to know I can get the car for sticker.

I was going to add all season floor mats, cargo mat, etc.. anyway, so by offering to purchase up to 2k in accessories gets me the car at the price I want to pay with a few add on's I would have bought anyway.

I don't have to worry, or wonder, I know when I am ready to buy, I can call the dealer, have them allocate a car for me, find out how long that is going to take and then just wait, when it comes in, I can go buy it.

If they can't get me the car in the time frame stated, then I get my deposit back, if I chose to buy from another dealer then I lose my deposit.
The only thing that isn't perfect is the dealer is out of town, in my state just about 90 minutes away so I was hoping for the dealer 10 minutes away would have taken the deal, but meh, not the end of the world if everything else works out for me.

Last edited:

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
This is my thinking as well, I'm not in a rush, I just would like to know I can get the car for sticker.

I was going to add all season floor mats, cargo mat, etc.. anyway, so by offering to purchase up to 2k in accessories gets me the car at the price I want to pay with a few add on's I would have bought anyway.
Except you're not getting the car for sticker, you're getting the car for MSRP + $2k in add-ons.

Why agree to a mandatory $2k in add-ons? There's an entire thread of dealers willing to sell at MSRP only.

Even if you want floor mats, you can buy all that shit online for way cheaper than what a dealer will charge you. There are plenty of online Acura parts departments that sell any Acura accessory at a much lower cost than what your local parts department will charge you for it.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Except you're not getting the car for sticker, you're getting the car for MSRP + $2k in add-ons.

Why agree to a mandatory $2k in add-ons? There's an entire thread of dealers willing to sell at MSRP only.

Even if you want floor mats, you can buy all that shit online for way cheaper than what a dealer will charge you. There are plenty of online Acura parts departments that sell any Acura accessory at a much lower cost than what your local parts department will charge you for it.
I havent seen any that will sell for MSRP only and with my terms, I cant go buy the car for 8 months.
Also, I planned to do some add ons anyway, I said "Up to" 2k, that cuold mean 500$ or 1990.00 but not more than 2k.
It doesn't mean I have to pay 2k over for accessories just that I would be willing to buy up to 2k in add ons if it helps the deal is all.
I'm in Ct I don't see any Ct dealers claiming they will sell at MSRP, I sent an email to 15 local dealers, three got back to me, one of them accepted my terms, so unless I find a better deal, this is probably how I will buy my Type S.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z

If I missed a CT dealer who is willing to sell for MSRP please let me know that, maybe I just missed it.
Matt

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
I havent seen any that will sell for MSRP only and with my terms, I cant go buy the car for 8 months.
Also, I planned to do some add ons anyway, I said "Up to" 2k, that cuold mean 500$ or 1990.00 but not more than 2k.
It doesn't mean I have to pay 2k over for accessories just that I would be willing to buy up to 2k in add ons if it helps the deal is all.
I'm in Ct I don't see any Ct dealers claiming they will sell at MSRP, I sent an email to 15 local dealers, three got back to me, one of them accepted my terms, so unless I find a better deal, this is probably how I will buy my Type S.
Based on this list, it looks like Acura of Berlin is selling at MSRP only. No ADM. No required accessories.

This "MSRP plus up to $2k in add-ons" that you mention in your OP, does that mean that they're giving you $2k of free accessories with the car?

Unless the above is true, which I find hard to believe, then I'd buy the car, and only the car, at that dealership, and get whatever accessories you want from an online dealership that'll sell them at close to invoice cost, rather than full retail like many dealerships do in-person.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Based on this list, it looks like Acura of Berlin is selling at MSRP only. No ADM. No required accessories.

This "MSRP plus up to $2k in add-ons" that you mention in your OP, does that mean that they're giving you $2k of free accessories with the car?

Unless the above is true, which I find hard to believe, then I'd buy the car, and only the car, at that dealership, and get whatever accessories you want from an online dealership that'll sell them at close to invoice cost, rather than full retail like many dealerships do in-person.
No, I have been talking to Jen from Acura of Berlin since January about this, she got back to me the other day to say only cars you reserve yesterday to buy at their dealership will be MSRP, all cars that come later in the year will have a 5k$ mark up.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z

Sorry if I made that sound confusing, no the 2k in add ons, are this, I am willing to purchase, up to $2k in accessories or add ons at the point of sale, IF I can vbuy the car for MSRP.
I was going to buy a few accessories anyway so this just made that clear to them, that if I can buy at MSRP I will in fact purchase an additional set of items and accessories up to $2k.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
No, I have been talking to Jen from Acura of Berlin since January about this, she got back to me the other day to say only cars you reserve yesterday to buy at their dealership will be MSRP, all cars that come later in the year will have a 5k$ mark up.
Holy hell. So they’re going to be at $62k OTD ($52k MSRP + delivery, $5k ADM, 7.75% sales tax).

Over $60k for a FWD 4 cylinder, lol why? Who’s buying that at that price?

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Holy hell. So they’re going to be at $62k OTD ($52k MSRP + delivery, $5k ADM, 7.75% sales tax).

LOL, not me, that's for sure.
I'm not comfortable at 52k$ for a civic essentially, BUT I'll pay it, and even pay 2k more for some accessories, screw it you live once, have fun, but there is a limit to my generosity, an expensive car is one thing, but a marked up expensive car is a no go in my world, principal won't let me do it.

raisedhaze

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DA1 Integra, Civic SI, S30, Duramax

The $51,995 includes delivery (MSRP = $50,800 + Delivery = $1,195). OTD for those that secured one at MSRP, the total will be $51,195 + applicable sales tax, title, and licensing fees.

For me that is going to be 6.5% tax for a total of $55,374.68 + title and licensing fees. I hope most can avoid ADM, considering it is still a tough pill to swallow at MSRP.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
The $51,995 includes delivery (MSRP = $50,800 + Delivery = $1,195). OTD for those that secured one at MSRP, the total will be $51,195 + applicable sales tax, title, and licensing fees.

For me that is going to be 6.5% tax for a total of $55,374.68 + title and licensing fees. I hope most can avoid ADM, considering it is still a tough pill to swallow at MSRP.
Prepare for the paint up-charge unless you're getting Lunar Silver--pretty sure that's $600 and I haven't seen it anywhere as being included within the MSRP + destination combo.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Prepare for the paint up-charge unless you're getting Lunar Silver--pretty sure that's $600 and I haven't seen it anywhere as being included within the MSRP + destination combo.
Oh. Your right. I don't remember seeing a price on the reservation build. Anyone notice?

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Oh. Your right. I don't remember seeing a price on the reservation build. Anyone notice?
No pricing there, but I think the Acura press release on the ITS spoke to the "premium colors"--same set as the Base-Tech and other models. I don't know if they said that the paint charge is $600, but I think that's the going rate through Acura.