• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How to Remove Skid Plate for Oil Change

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Yesterday I tried to remove the skid plate to gain access for running the power wire for my trailer wiring harness and failed miserably. I got the 4 quarter turn fasteners out and the two Phillips head ones in back. I also managed to pry the plastic clips out of the rear, but couldn't get the front Phillips heads out. I was able to drop the rear of it to do what I needed, and tried to see what was backing those bolts. They didn't look anything like nuts, but more like some sort of cylindrical well nut or rivit backing. No matter how much I turned the bolts, they didn't come out and the resistance on them seemed constant.

I was planning on replacing the skid plate with one from BAA with the hatches for the filter and drain plug, so I'll only need to take it off once, but how do you get those two front bolts out?

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
They're just screws, but I think they are longer than one would expect. Just keep turning and eventually they'll come out. I don't recall any plastic tabs that need to be pried out. There are two tabs that hold it in place, but once the screws and fasteners are removed, you can simply slide the undercover plate to remove it from the plastic tabs.

1674760455194.png

OP
OP
BKK Jack

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Cool, thanks. :thumbsup: I guess, I just didn't turn them enough. I'll give them another try, but this time with a drill. That should do the trick. I'd like to get a powered "ratchet," but damn those things are spendy.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Cool, thanks. :thumbsup: I guess, I just didn't turn them enough. I'll give them another try, but this time with a drill. That should do the trick. I'd like to get a powered "ratchet," but damn those things are spendy.
I believe the quarter turn screws actually come all the way out.