• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How to keep the exhaust always open?

jquack

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
Hey everyone!
Kinda curious if anyone knows of a way to keep the exhaust valve always open by pulling a fuse or something similar. I know it was possible on the FL5 CTR but when I did the same steps for that, I didn't have any success 😭

wtam1100

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CTR
Interested in also. I would have bet money on the steps being the exact same, surprised its not.

OP
OP

jquack

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
There _is_ a chance I did it wrong but 99% sure I pulled the right fuse and when i did the infotainment also went out =/

jmoncer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'95 300ZX TT, '13 Frontier, '24 Integra Type S
There is a solenoid at the valve. How about make sure it is open and disconnect the solenoid. Aside from that isn't there an individual setting where you can control what you want the exhaust to do?

OP
OP

jquack

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
There is, however it's tied to the "engine" setting which means I either have it on Sport+ all the time or keep the individual engine setting to Sport+, not a huge deal but would love to just keep it open regardless of setting :)

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C
That is one benefit of the Hyundai Elantra and Veloster N products, exhaust settings are separate from engine response settings so you can dial it any way you want.

ronlp

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 CTR, 02 S2K, 98-92-89 Prelude, 90 CRX, +6 other
One idea that bmw had in the past 10 years that wasn't overcomplicated stupidity was to use a vacuum-activated exhaust valve. My wife had that on her old X6, and a simple ziptie kept it wide open.

In an adjacent topic, I really hope the aftermarket/internet comes up with ways to make these cars louder, while remaining stock-appearing and retaining the valving. It's not as bad as my ctr was with stock exhaust, but still way too quiet imo. I'd gladly trade the ricer pops for more volume.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
One idea that bmw had in the past 10 years that wasn't overcomplicated stupidity was to use a vacuum-activated exhaust valve. My wife had that on her old X6, and a simple ziptie kept it wide open.

In an adjacent topic, I really hope the aftermarket/internet comes up with ways to make these cars louder, while remaining stock-appearing and retaining the valving. It's not as bad as my ctr was with stock exhaust, but still way too quiet imo. I'd gladly trade the ricer pops for more volume.
Honestly, I think it's a good place to be, you can swap out the downpipe and front pipe and likely get the sound and volume you want without touching the exhaust. The older S3 allowed you to stick the valves open, but Audi purposely removed the option in the facelift. Seems so stupid to purposely limit your customers options like that.

As for seperating engine and exhaust, I get it for if you want full performance but a quiet sound, but why would you want low throttle response with a loud sound?

6-Speedio

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R

nebur8

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 6
I got this working. It is a little different from the CTR, but it works. Also, be aware that if the "engine" selection is not in sport/sport+ mode you will not get any pops or bangs as it seems that is tuning related.

The steps: you turn the car on (engine running) select whatever mode opens your exhaust valve. (I suggest you visually verify it's open). Then, while the car is running you pull the fuse. That seems to have worked for me, I left the fuse removed no CEL as of yet, but I've only driven her a few miles just to test it out.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Not sure I would want this after a down pipe. There is a ton of exhaust sound in the cabin now. Once I get on the freeway I put the car in comfort and significantly dampens the sound. It's also nice when I leave the house at 5 am.

nebur8

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 6
Not sure I would want this after a down pipe. There is a ton of exhaust sound in the cabin now. Once I get on the freeway I put the car in comfort and significantly dampens the sound. It's also nice when I leave the house at 5 am.
I could completely understand that especially early in the AM. I wonder how much of the noise is also influenced by the tune. It's a little throatier in comfort, but the sport, sport+ adds the pops and bangs.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I could completely understand that especially early in the AM. I wonder how much of the noise is also influenced by the tune. It's a little throatier in comfort, but the sport, sport+ adds the pops and bangs.
Just at idle there is a difference between S+ and S