• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Help me decide, White Acura TLX PMC or Integra Type S?

OP
OP

MJourney

First Name
Suu-Va
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 328i
I turned it off on my Mustang. This kept making me think I have to give way to much gas, or make me think I was giving ENOUGH when really I wasn't and would just stall. Turned the damn thing off. Been bliss ever since.
Is it because it wasn’t intuitive so it ends up messing you up the 99% of the time when you don’t need it and when you actually do you second guess yourself and don’t end up using it as intended?

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
The manual Integras also have hill hold. I've noticed it doesn't engage on mild slopes, but on anything a little steeper, it works just fine.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Yep. Hill assist is enabled by default . I agree the brake hold is aggressive since it feels like you have to power through the ebrake before it releases.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Is it because it wasn’t intuitive so it ends up messing you up the 99% of the time when you don’t need it and when you actually do you second guess yourself and don’t end up using it as intended?
For me it doesn't feel natural, it just feelsl like the break is stuck on, and would make me wasn't to over throttle or it would release when really i was under throttling. Nothing about it felt smooth or predictable.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I test drove a manual integra as soon as it hit the dealer. Today I test drove a brand new TLX Type S with wheel performance package & then another manual integra (back to back fashion). I agree that the TLX looks better on the outside - on the other hand, I like the integra interior more & it does have more space in the back. I put my sons large car seat in the back on the first drive, today we just used a booster seat. More hatch space in the integra. More visibility. The seamless manual made it a ton more fun to drive & it’s an overall more comfortable car in my opinion. I’ll have to keep my truck for work, a few personal reasons, & to keep a 4x4 vehicle - but if I lived in a place like SF where I didn’t need AWD, it’d be an easier decision for me plus I’d save money! Lol Can’t wait for the Integra Type S.

I’d say test drive a standard TLX Type S, a Civic Type R, & a current Integra like I did. This will give you the best real world opinion of what you will personally want while waiting for the ITS.

OP
OP

MJourney

First Name
Suu-Va
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 328i
I test drove a manual integra and a normal tlx a spec last weekend. I like the TLX interior a lot more as well as most of the outside (integra back side looks better). The tlx was also white with red interior which I liked more than I thought I would (preference is still white with black interior). Too bad they didn’t have a type S for me to test drive.

i spent a few days in SF two weeks ago and all those steep hills and traffic really made me doubt getting another manual.

i estimate at least another 3-4 weeks before the white pmc deliveries start. I’m hoping for some more details about the ITS to be released before that. If they upgrade the interior (I don’t like the current integra interior) and the outside looks great I will probably opt for the integra S. Mostly because that will give me the option to go with the 2024 TLX S with the mid cycle refresh if that turns out to fix some of the issues with the current tlx S models. A tlx s with 50 more hp and no auto upshift would seal it for me.

PS - a local dealer said that the ITS has 325 horsepower.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
The manual Integra has hill start assist and brake hold, so if you prefer a manual hilly terrain shouldn't put you off one.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I test drove a manual integra and a normal tlx a spec last weekend. I like the TLX interior a lot more as well as most of the outside (integra back side looks better). The tlx was also white with red interior which I liked more than I thought I would (preference is still white with black interior). Too bad they didn’t have a type S for me to test drive.

i spent a few days in SF two weeks ago and all those steep hills and traffic really made me doubt getting another manual.

i estimate at least another 3-4 weeks before the white pmc deliveries start. I’m hoping for some more details about the ITS to be released before that. If they upgrade the interior (I don’t like the current integra interior) and the outside looks great I will probably opt for the integra S. Mostly because that will give me the option to go with the 2024 TLX S with the mid cycle refresh if that turns out to fix some of the issues with the current tlx S models. A tlx s with 50 more hp and no auto upshift would seal it for me.

PS - a local dealer said that the ITS has 325 horsepower.
I wouldn’t go by just the numbers tho. There’s only a .5 second difference on the 0-60 times on the TLX Type S & the CTR. TLX heavier, AWD plays a factor in how you personally drive, etc. Also there’s really no aftermarket tuning for the TLX otherwise I’d be all over it. A CTR or ITS with a tune like Phearable sounds like it’s going to be the winner. But if I had those hills that you do, I’d probably go with automatic in any case. I live in a hilly area in the Midwest, but not many stops on hills which obviously makes a huge difference. On the other hand, the Integra clutch feels like it wouldn’t destroy my calf like my 91 could do in traffic. So many factors.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
I’ve got a deposit down at my dealer on an ITS. My current car is a ‘21 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD running a K Tuner Stage 2 tune, and it’s a fun car. I came from an 08 Civic Si sedan with FBO that I drove for 10 years, so I’m well versed with driving manuals.

IMO, I wouldn’t go for a PMC TLX, because it’s all cosmetic changes on the car (paint color,carbon fiber bits and bibs that are just accessories on a regular TLX). The price premium isn’t worth it over a standard Type S (and I think the colors on a standard Type S are better, like the Blue or Red Pearl, or even the Metallic Grey).

The Type S also has a number of differences over the A-Spec you drove. Adaptive dampers, adjustable seat bolstering, larger Brembo brakes, the retuned 10AT for better performance.

The biggest downside to the TLX is the rear seat space. If you’ve got kids or car seats, take them with you to make sure they fit. I asked this question on Reddit and in a TLX group on FB, and got a lot of responses from parents who have car seats in their TLX, but it is not as spacious as an Integra. Also, the hatch on the Integra is better than the trunk on the TLX.

Having said that, I sat in a Integra A-Spec Tech at the dealer when I put my deposit down on the ITS, and the TLX has a nicer interior for the driver and front seat passenger IMO (Nicer design, materials used, etc.)

I wouldn’t go by just the numbers tho. There’s only a .5 second difference on the 0-60 times on the TLX Type S & the CTR. TLX heavier, AWD plays a factor in how you personally drive, etc. Also there’s really no aftermarket tuning for the TLX otherwise I’d be all over it. A CTR or ITS with a tune like Phearable sounds like it’s going to be the winner.
Derek at IMW is working on creating a baseline tune for the TLX Type S on K Tuner, so there will be tuning options in the future.

The TLX Type S has a lot of forged engine internals, so there’s a lot of headroom the 3.0T has. The re-tuned 10AT in the Type S is great, as it’s beefed up and shifts faster than the 10AT in the Accord/RDX/TLX.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I’ve got a deposit down at my dealer on an ITS. My current car is a ‘21 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD running a K Tuner Stage 2 tune, and it’s a fun car. I came from an 08 Civic Si sedan with FBO that I drove for 10 years, so I’m well versed with driving manuals.

IMO, I wouldn’t go for a PMC TLX, because it’s all cosmetic changes on the car (paint color,carbon fiber bits and bibs that are just accessories on a regular TLX). The price premium isn’t worth it over a standard Type S (and I think the colors on a standard Type S are better, like the Blue or Red Pearl, or even the Metallic Grey).

The Type S also has a number of differences over the A-Spec you drove. Adaptive dampers, adjustable seat bolstering, larger Brembo brakes, the retuned 10AT for better performance.

The biggest downside to the TLX is the rear seat space. If you’ve got kids or car seats, take them with you to make sure they fit. I asked this question on Reddit and in a TLX group on FB, and got a lot of responses from parents who have car seats in their TLX, but it is not as spacious as an Integra. Also, the hatch on the Integra is better than the trunk on the TLX.

Having said that, I sat in a Integra A-Spec Tech at the dealer when I put my deposit down on the ITS, and the TLX has a nicer interior for the driver and front seat passenger IMO (Nicer design, materials used, etc.)

Derek at IMW is working on creating a baseline tune for the TLX Type S on K Tuner, so there will be tuning options in the future.

The TLX Type S has a lot of forged engine internals, so there’s a lot of headroom the 3.0T has. The re-tuned 10AT in the Type S is great, as it’s beefed up and shifts faster than the 10AT in the Accord/RDX/TLX.
Nice. Good info! I brought my wife & son with a booster seat & yes, the Integra is more spacious plus the hatch is nice to have for extra space also. I liked the visibility more in it as well. Plus the manual is soooo nice.

My local dealers are not accepting deposits until they have more info. Acura hasn’t released allocation info to the dealerships yet so they don’t even know if they can get one until they receive that info. They said all the dealers are doing is holding on to your money but can’t technically put it in the books as a proper deposit yet since it’s not in their system. 🤷🏽‍♂️ They took my info since I was the first to ask & the first on site & said I’d be the first to know - so I sent follow up emails to them to memorialize that I want that car if they get allocation. Unless they’re going to mark it up like crazy anyway lol

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
My local dealers are not accepting deposits until they have more info. Acura hasn’t released allocation info to the dealerships yet so they don’t even know if they can get one until they receive that info. They said all the dealers are doing is holding on to your money but can’t technically put it in the books as a proper deposit yet since it’s not in their system.
The morning the official spy shots were released I texted the sales person I bought my TLX from and said I was interested in the ITS, said I’d put a deposit down on one to get my spot in line once they know their pricing and allocation.

It’s a $1k fully refundable deposit, and I’m first in line. I’ll wait to hear more info on the cars specs, pricing, timing, etc., but I honestly wouldn’t expect that till spring, given the timing of the CTR info release vs being on sale.

And yeah, dealer mark up. I’ll have to see what my dealer wants to do. If they’re going to be putting on an ADM, I’ll probably take my refund back and tell them to contact me when they’re selling them at MSRP, but we’ll see how this all shakes out over the coming months.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
The morning the official spy shots were released I texted the sales person I bought my TLX from and said I was interested in the ITS, said I’d put a deposit down on one to get my spot in line once they know their pricing and allocation.

It’s a $1k fully refundable deposit, and I’m first in line. I’ll wait to hear more info on the cars specs, pricing, timing, etc., but I honestly wouldn’t expect that till spring, given the timing of the CTR info release vs being on sale.

And yeah, dealer mark up. I’ll have to see what my dealer wants to do. If they’re going to be putting on an ADM, I’ll probably take my refund back and tell them to contact me when they’re selling them at MSRP, but we’ll see how this all shakes out over the coming months.
That’s cool that they let you do that. I told him I was ready to put a deposit down right then and there also to get my spot at the top just like you did but all they said was I would be the first to know when the time comes that they are accepting deposits. They said just a $500 refundable deposit on ones that they build and a $500 nonrefundable deposit for ones that the customers build and order through them.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
That’s cool that they let you do that. I told him I was ready to put a deposit down right then and there also to get my spot at the top just like you did but all they said was I would be the first to know when the time comes that they are accepting deposits. They said just a $500 refundable deposit on ones that they build and a $500 nonrefundable deposit for ones that the customers build and order through them.
I doubt they’ll be doing custom orders, it’ll likely be all allocation at first just because of component availability, so your options are what the dealer gets from Acura (the good news for me is that mine is the biggest Acura dealer in the area, so they should get a decent allocation).

As far as custom orders go, I wonder what there would even be to customize? I’m not familiar with the Integra, but on my TLX any “options” are dealer-installed (heated steering wheel, remote start, etc.).

Either way, I expect us to get a more complete picture from Acura in March or April regarding specs and pricing, and then we can have more detailed conversations with our dealers.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I doubt they’ll be doing custom orders, it’ll likely be all allocation at first just because of component availability, so your options are what the dealer gets from Acura (the good news for me is that mine is the biggest Acura dealer in the area, so they should get a decent allocation).

As far as custom orders go, I wonder what there would even be to customize? I’m not familiar with the Integra, but on my TLX any “options” are dealer-installed (heated steering wheel, remote start, etc.).

Either way, I expect us to get a more complete picture from Acura in March or April regarding specs and pricing, and then we can have more detailed conversations with our dealers.
Yeah, that’s sort of what I was thinking too. I would like to have the heated steering wheel and some of those other luxury options if they make them available. I guess it’s not a dealbreaker because I have a fully loaded truck with all that stuff.

My dealer said they usually do the trunk mat and all weather floor mats in all of their Integra’s. I guess I was alluding more so to the exterior and interior color options as far as allocation goes. I’d like to go liquid carbon with red interior if possible just because I’ve never had something along those lines yet. Hopefully, we will get to having that info soon enough!