• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Has anyone seen any Clues drop?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes, it has an engine.
I am hoping that as the base is a upscaled Civic Si + Touring and that so many have been asking for a "Touring" Civic Type-R that this means the Type-S will be essentially a CTR + comfortable interior.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
From what I heard is is that the Type S will get the engine from the TLX 2.0T making a little more HP. 10AT is in the cards though.

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Tech CVT
2.0T, 10AT, SH-AWD, where do I sign my check?

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Seems the AT is fairly likely in the Type S… wonder what the odds are of a MT also.

If they hype up the manual in those commercials to then only give the Type S an auto that would be disappointing.

Last edited:

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Seems the AT is fairly likely in the Type S… wonder what the odds are of a MT also.

If they hype up the manual in those commercials to then only give the Type S an auto that would disappointing.
Only reason why the 10AT for the Type S is because the 2.0T will be from the either the TLX or Accord. One of those can only be had with the the 10 AT while the other can come with the 10AT and Manual. Also keep in mind the hot seller for the Integra will be the base and not the Type S. same thing with the TLX. The hottest seller for that is the A-Spec.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Only reason why the 10AT for the Type S is because the 2.0T will be from the either the TLX or Accord. One of those can only be had with the the 10 AT while the other can come with the 10AT and Manual. Also keep in mind the hot seller for the Integra will be the base and not the Type S. same thing with the TLX. The hottest seller for that is the A-Spec.
Not that Wikipedia is necessarily correct, but they claim the K20C4 (Accord) is internally identical to the K20C6 (TLX) and mount points are the only difference. If the C4 can take a manual you’d think the C6 could too… unless the mount points are at issue.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Not that Wikipedia is necessarily correct, but they claim the K20C4 (Accord) is internally identical to the K20C6 (TLX) and mount points are the only difference. If the C4 can take a manual you’d think the C6 could too… unless the mount points are at issue.
I think it has to do with the mounting point and the fact that Acura never intended the 2.0T in the TLX to have a manual. The only one that essentially was getting a manual was the Integra and being that the Integra being in the works for 6 years it makes sense.

Right now what I’m hearing from someone is that it will get a 2.0T but they are not sure if it’s the 2.0T from the TLX/Accord or Type R but has also mentioned that it would come with 10 AT.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
With the fact all its direct competition is 290-310hp, I'd be a little disappointed if they went with the TLX 2.0 unless they managed to keep it lighter than the competition, and VERY disappointed with the Accord 2.0.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
With the fact all its direct competition is 290-310hp, I'd be a little disappointed if they went with the TLX 2.0 unless they managed to keep it lighter than the competition, and VERY disappointed with the Accord 2.0.
I would personally say wait till we hear more but this person is trust worthy and has been correct 99.9% of the time. I personally started thinking about if I want to get the Integra Type S or get an in between car and wait till Mazda comes out with the Inline 6 Turbo. I’m hoping we hear something early next month.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I always assumed that the Acura 2.0T was the most likely option, I had just hoped I was also wrong too.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I always assumed that the Acura 2.0T was the most likely option, I had just hoped I was also wrong too.
Trust me I wish I was wrong as well and so was the person I talk to but I’m holding out to see what is said hopefully next month.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
I mean, we all knew it would be a version of K20C 2.0T, didn't we?
11th gen CTR engine was very unlikely anyway, but K20C1 from FK8 would have been nice tho.

280hp 2.0T FWD would be my guess.
Honestly, I'm OK with 272hp powertrain straight out of a TLX. But only if it's cheaper than the Type R.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I mean, we all knew it would be a version of K20C 2.0T, didn't we?
11th gen CTR engine was very unlikely anyway, but K20C1 from FK8 would have been nice tho.

280hp 2.0T FWD would be my guess.
Honestly, I'm OK with 272hp powertrain straight out of a TLX. But only if it's cheaper than the Type R.
If it’s not cheaper then the Type R, has FWD only with 10 AT and only offers 272 HP then the hate that it’s been receiving will be amplified to 11.