• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
You are exactly 180 out on this. In a corner, the outside wheel needs to spin faster than the inside one, because it is going around the arc of a circle that has a larger radius than the wheel on the inside by the distance of the track of the car. Also, the inside wheel is unweighted relative to the outside wheel, because in corners cars lean the wrong way. A differential allows for the wheels to spin at different rates of speed without damaging anything or dragging/pushing the wheels. Unfortunately, with an open differential, as soon as one wheel breaks traction - the inside one while cornering, because it is has less weight on it than the outside wheel - it steals power from the outside wheel. LSD's counter this through different forms of wizardry to send the power to the wheel that actually has grip allowing any vehicle with an LSD to power through corners better than a similar one with an open differential.
cool

DaNuKidd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec tech
If only the CVT had a LSD then, great to hear your CVT Integra experiences. I’m not as down on the stick as I was earlier this week, but I still think I will want something, more power, dual clutch Type-S Integra, I dunno. I’m just going to drive this for a year and reassess then. Otherwise I just drive myself nuts double guessing. And do you see that PRL turbo drop in upgrade? I’ll still wait for a Type-S Integra though, just to have the better base car before upgrading. That was the original plan anyway. I can alway buy a second RDX TS or something and have both vehicles. The new CTR is exciting too.

I almost put a CTR LSD in a 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT. It should work as a drop in part, but nobody has ever tried to my knowledge. That’s how much I love a good LSD.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Thoughts on a Lexus? Not sure why they're not talked as much compared to the A3 and other competitors.
I literally can't even name a single Lexus model. Do they still make the IS250? I feel like last time I cared about Lexus the IS had a NA version of the Supra engine.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I literally can't even name a single Lexus model. Do they still make the IS250? I feel like last time I cared about Lexus the IS had a NA version of the Supra engine.
Not hard all numbers
Is250 ,is300,is350,is500,es series,ls series