• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Frozen Integra (TPMS and Brake System)

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
Kids left one of the doors open to the garage overnight and it might have dropped to -10f.

I took the car out for errands and the first thing I noticed was that the tire pressure was low in the front, which didn't surprise me due to the cold. On the way back, the car flashed BRAKE in amber at me, just a blip, but very alarming. After parking at home, I found a notice in the infotainment system stating that the "TPMS system has a problem" and to call the dealership. That issue persisted after restarting the car.

Possibly a coincidence with the cold, but I'll keep the channel posted on how this evolves.

ldudiaz

First Name
Lisandro Diaz U
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Hopefully it is just the sensors acting up and nothing more serious

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
TPMS has a problem warning just means the pressure is too low for the sensor to read it. Fill them up, ground the kid, and the warning will go away.

OP
OP
KiloFTW

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
TPMS has a problem warning just means the pressure is too low for the sensor to read it. Fill them up, ground the kid, and the warning will go away.
Interesting. I wouldn’t have expected a “call the dealer message” if that’s all it was.

I made the kids sleep outside. Won’t happen again.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Door open won't matter anything other than some extra battery drain. If its -10 over night its easily still -10 or very close to it inside the car, door open or not.

OP
OP
KiloFTW

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
Door open won't matter anything other than some extra battery drain. If its -10 over night its easily still -10 or very close to it inside the car, door open or not.
Meant to say the garage door was open, not the car. Probably 10 degrees warmer inside my garage than out

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Meant to say the garage door was open, not the car. Probably 10 degrees warmer inside my garage than out
Sure but I'm sure it's a lot colder in many places in winter. Remember many companies usually test cars for Winter by using Alaska and Northern Canada.

OP
OP
KiloFTW

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
Sure but I'm sure it's a lot colder in many places in winter. Remember many companies usually test cars for Winter by using Alaska and Northern Canada.
Oh sure, I get it. I agree that the car getting cold shouldn't cause permanent problems. It may be a case of a misleading indicator as RRP suggested. The TPMS seems to be working as the dash reflects increasing pressure as I fill them. The notice in the infotainment hasn't gone away yet, but perhaps there's a time factor involved.

The other thing was that BRAKE warning that flashed. I'm hoping it was a sensor misfire and has nothing to do with what submitaweasal is experiencing.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Interesting. I wouldn’t have expected a “call the dealer message” if that’s all it was.

I made the kids sleep outside. Won’t happen again.
Any error will say to call the dealer. It thinks the sensors are bad. But the pressure just fell to far. Which in reality isn’t that far probably, Honda sensors are sensitive, it’s probably at like 25psi.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Oh sure, I get it. I agree that the car getting cold shouldn't cause permanent problems. It may be a case of a misleading indicator as RRP suggested. The TPMS seems to be working as the dash reflects increasing pressure as I fill them. The notice in the infotainment hasn't gone away yet, but perhaps there's a time factor involved.

The other thing was that BRAKE warning that flashed. I'm hoping it was a sensor misfire and has nothing to do with what submitaweasal is experiencing.
Sorry for putting everyone on edge. I honestly dont care about parking sensors. My fight is for the mfg to fix the issue since these were baked into the price.

Any error will say to call the dealer. It thinks the sensors are bad. But the pressure just fell to far. Which in reality isn’t that far probably, Honda sensors are sensitive, it’s probably at like 25psi.
Honda has changed so much since my last experience. I had a timing chain jump on my 05 Si and the only tell was the surging idle. What a world.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Ugh. The timing chain tensioners were so weak on the k20a2/z. I went through 3 of them. Granted I was redlining at 9400.

OP
OP
KiloFTW

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
You were right. The infotainment warning was gone after filling them up and taking the car out for a drive. Thanks again, saved me a trip to the dealer.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I had to make an early morning donut run today. My home thermometer was showing 8F, so I took the opportunity to check a few things. I should also note that we had heavy rain yesterday morning and all of the day before, so before it got well below freezing, water could have soaked to places it probably shouldn't be.

First check was the hatch. No problem. Then the doors. There was a little crackle when I opened them, but they all unlocked as they normally do. Everything else worked as it's supposed to. The tires had lost some pressure, but I had added air to them about a week ago when temps got routinely chilly, so they weren't low enough to signal any warnings.

The only interesting thing I noticed was when I played with the climate control functions. It appeared as though the icons in the CC display were a little slow to change. I was a little slow getting out of bed this morning, too, so I'm going to call that fair play.

OP
OP
KiloFTW

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
My door temporarily decided it didn't want to unlock in -25f windchill yesterday. It resolved itself before I went frozen goblin mode.