• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I almost had my A-Spec + Tech windshield tinted, but the installer just seemed waaaaaaay too confident that he wouldn't ruin any of the electronics during install--I'd hunt for someone else to do it, this guy 100% would've screwed something up. šŸ˜‚
Yep! Go with your gut! Good call.

Good shops will honest enough to say no. Better shops will reassure that they have plenty of experience with that exact type of windshield.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
For anyone tinting the windshield - any experiences you know about that you can share?

My Ram truck has a bunch of sensors around the trim rings of the windshield & many shops short circuit these trucks & itā€™s an expensive fix. So Iā€™ve been using a top tier local tint company thatā€™s fully aware & uses soak ropes & other products to avoid this & theyā€™ve done 3 of mine flawlessly.

Any crucial sensors on the Teggy anyone has heard about near here? Iā€™m in good hands, but DEFINITELY something everyone should be aware of & grill their installers on before hand.
I have 70% on my Aspect Tech front windshield. No issues with the install and it makes the HUD seem brighter

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I have 50 percent on my FL5 windshield and I canā€™t even tell itā€™s there from the inside. Helps with heat quite a bit. I love it. Iā€™ll get it again if Iā€™m able to get a Type S for sure

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I have 50 percent on my FL5 windshield and I canā€™t even tell itā€™s there from the inside. Helps with heat quite a bit. I love it. Iā€™ll get it again if Iā€™m able to get a Type S for sure
I was thinking of 50 but wasn't sure if that would be to dark. I drive some back roads early in the morning when it's dark.

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I was thinking of 50 but wasn't sure if that would be to dark. I drive some back roads early in the morning when it's dark.
I was worried about that as well but itā€™s been a non issue. Actually seems to better at night. Helps a lot with glare.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Iā€™ve had PPF applied to every car Iā€™ve purchased. My wife and Si both do a fair amount of highway miles (either commuting to work, or vacationing), so to me itā€™s worth the cost of not having the front end get blasted by rocks over the years.

The place I go uses XPEL Ultimate film. On my TLX it was $1,400 for a full bumper, headlights, mirror caps, partial hood, and partial fender. To make it the full hood and fender it wouldā€™ve been an additional $900, which I would spend on the Integra.

XPEL Prime ceramic tint was $445 for all the windows and a tint band on the windshield.
Thanks. I have 15k miles on my Aspec and have a few nicks on my bumper from rocks, windshield also seems to be a magnet for rocks.
Local guy who did my tint uses SunTek PPF. Not sure how that compares to xpel

My tint cost $850 for 30% all around and 70% on windshield,Suntek Evolve Ceramic.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I have had 50% on my last 3 trucks & was nervous about nighttime driving at first @Integra23 but itā€™s perfect for me. They didnā€™t have a 60 or 70 option, I think 75. But everyone is different for sure. Pretty sure I live too far away for you to see what mine is like at night but hopefully someone else nearby can help you out. Iā€™m near St Louis, MO & drive to KS/OK for work every couple weeks. Until June then Iā€™m done.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Thanks. I have 15k miles on my Aspec and have a few nicks on my bumper from rocks, windshield also seems to be a magnet for rocks.
Local guy who did my tint uses SunTek PPF. Not sure how that compares to xpel

My tint cost $850 for 30% all around and 70% on windshield,Suntek Evolve Ceramic.
$850?! Wow, thatā€™s good money for them. I think pricing is probably regional also. I pay $550 to have a full size crew cab truck done including windshield with ceramic tint & overlay existing oem tint.

Who knows , maybe Iā€™m in for a rude awakening to have the Teggy done but weā€™ll see soon. Iā€™ll beg that Iā€™m a 5 time returning customer lol

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Here is what my FL5 looks like with 50 percent on the front if this pic helps any.

IMG_0048.jpeg

The bright lights probably make it look a little darker than it is.
This was exactly the color that I was going to get prior to the Teggy release & have been holding out for a while.

What a beautiful garage & nice angle!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Here is what my FL5 looks like with 50 percent on the front if this pic helps any.

IMG_0048.jpeg

The bright lights probably make it look a little darker than it is.
Beautiful. I wish the ITS offered boost blue or the Long Beach Blue

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
$850?! Wow, thatā€™s good money for them. I think pricing is probably regional also. I pay $550 to have a full size crew cab truck done including windshield with ceramic tint & overlay existing oem tint.

Who knows , maybe Iā€™m in for a rude awakening to have the Teggy done but weā€™ll see soon. Iā€™ll beg that Iā€™m a 5 time returning customer lol
Tempted to switch out the windows to save money..lol

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I was worried about that as well but itā€™s been a non issue. Actually seems to better at night. Helps a lot with glare.
A TON with glare! Thatā€™s the main reason I got it. Now I must have it on all my vehicles. Canā€™t go back. šŸ˜„

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
This was exactly the color that I was going to get prior to the Teggy release & have been holding out for a while.

What a beautiful garage & nice angle!
I wish that was my garage!!! :p:p Thatā€™s the installers place.