• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dust/lint inside instrument cluster

joepark89

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Hi all,

I just picked up a used 2023 integra aspec tech manual out here. Loving it so far. But was wondering if anyone else has seen micro scratches across their plastic of the instrument cluster, and also I just noticed a bit of dust/lint pieces behind the plastic on the actual instrument cluster.

Not a dealbreaker but was just curious if anyone else has this minor issue. Iā€™m guessing the latter must be a factory issue?

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Hi all,

I just picked up a used 2023 integra aspec tech manual out here. Loving it so far. But was wondering if anyone else has seen micro scratches across their plastic of the instrument cluster, and also I just noticed a bit of dust/lint pieces behind the plastic on the actual instrument cluster.

Not a dealbreaker but was just curious if anyone else has this minor issue. Iā€™m guessing the latter must be a factory issue?
My integra was in the first batch of cars pre-ordered in April of 22 and when my car arrived, the instrument cluster was scratched :/ have since had a detailed buff it out and I plan on ordering a Screen-ProTech screen protector to cover it up. No dust inside for me thiugh

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I definitely have this problem too i think, it definitely looks dusty on the inside of the glass and has a minor scratch on the outside

OP
OP

joepark89

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
My integra was in the first batch of cars pre-ordered in April of 22 and when my car arrived, the instrument cluster was scratched :/ have since had a detailed buff it out and I plan on ordering a Screen-ProTech screen protector to cover it up. No dust inside for me thiugh
Lucky on the no dust insideā€¦.

OP
OP

joepark89

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
I definitely have this problem too i think, it definitely looks dusty on the inside of the glass and has a minor scratch on the outside
Right? How is that possibleā€¦.. not sealed properly?

Is the dust on your actual instrument cluster too?

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Right? How is that possibleā€¦.. not sealed properly?

Is the dust on your actual instrument cluster too?
its not on the instrument cluster, it looks like it's just on the back side of the glass.

it may not be, i need to try wiping it with a clean rag to make sure it wasn't just me, but i did notice it the very first day i got it

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I'm thinking it might have something to do with how they assemble the car's interior.
I can see where that would be frustrating.