• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Do these accessory prices make any sense?

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
I took delivery on mine in 06/22, so there's been some changes in pricing.

With the help of the forums, I found several price lists for the accessories and they were all different. While my car was at MSRP, the accessory prices were among the highest at my dealer. I brought in price lists I had downloaded that were lower (they all included some installation labor), and negotiated lower prices on the accessories.

I certainly paid a premium to have them installed, but I think the total accessory add was around $1600. The side skirts are labor intensive, and so are some others that I left off.

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lunar Silver, 6MT Integra

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
https://www.continental-acura.com/i...ge-front-wheel-drive-sedan-19ude4g73pa000206/

Spec'd out on configurator is ~$5000, but an additional $3300 for installation? If anyone has experience with a similar spec or situation, advice would be appreciated.
That's a pretty large list of add-on accessories, and there's a hefty markup on each--I'd let someone else have this one, find yourself a dealer who will sell one without accessories at MSRP and add whatever you'd like.

Or... you could put a very similar amount of money toward the Type-S in a few months--$47k before tax, title, and fees is a lot. That'll be over $50k out the door.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
If you buy one with all those accessories kiss that money goodbye because those will hold no value second-hand.

OP
OP
snguyen130

snguyen130

abluefk7
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
That's a pretty large list of add-on accessories, and there's a hefty markup on each--I'd let someone else have this one, find yourself a dealer who will sell one without accessories at MSRP and add whatever you'd like.

Or... you could put a very similar amount of money toward the Type-S in a few months--$47k before tax, title, and fees is a lot. That'll be over $50k out the door.
Unfortunate that there's only 1 dealership here in Alaska. Allocations for any nicer cars here are usually 1 or none.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Unfortunate that there's only 1 dealership here in Alaska. Allocations for any nicer cars here are usually 1 or none.
Ouch! With only 1 dealership, it sounds like they realize they've got consumers in a "take-it-or-leave-it" conundrum.

I haven't been in this position, myself. You could certainly try to negotiate the price down, but I doubt they'd remove any of the accessories or budge much on that price if supply and competition are truly that scarce. If you're open to buying out of state, you may be able to save some money, but you'd have to weigh the additional cost of time, travel, and transport.

OP
OP
snguyen130

snguyen130

abluefk7
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
I appreciate everyone's replies here. Thank you so much!

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Alaska changes the buying environment for sure. I checked your profile, not the dealer website for location and assumed you were with us in the lower 48.

Since it's Alaska, argue that not being awd makes it a tough sell for them they should knock 10k off 🤣