• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

nawfoo

First Name
Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Which model Merooss did you get?

From what I’ve seen, the close command closes the garage immediately without the 10 second delay with lights flashing. Is that correct?
I have this one:

https://www.amazon.com/meross-Compa...1693926528&sprefix=meross,aps,139&sr=8-4&th=1

I don't use the Meross app because the Apple Home Kit is the main control hub. I've tried creating an automation to automatically open with my Iphone location but it doesnt't work. I have never played with the automatic close/open settings on Meross because I'm paranoid and always watch my garage door close before I leave the house.

albundy

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota
It still works for me. I just tried it right now. Couple questions...

1) Are you using Simple Commands or LiveKey?
2) I'm assuming you are getting the error after you've logged into the app, when you're trying to add the integration, correct?
3) Have you verified that you can log out of the MyQ app and log back in with those same credentials?
Thank you so much for the reply. Yes, you are right, it is still working.

I used LiveKey and used the correct MyQ credential for logging in.

What I have to do to fix it - delete LiveKey, install LiveKey to get the updated MyQ integration, redo the shortcuts and all are good from there. Thanks again for those questions.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JC-RH

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
I have this one:

https://www.amazon.com/meross-Compa...1693926528&sprefix=meross,aps,139&sr=8-4&th=1

I don't use the Meross app because the Apple Home Kit is the main control hub. I've tried creating an automation to automatically open with my Iphone location but it doesnt't work. I have never played with the automatic close/open settings on Meross because I'm paranoid and always watch my garage door close before I leave the house.
Thanks. What I meant was: Does the garage door close (without delay) once you ask Siri to close it for you?

albundy

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota
Hi Guys,

Could you confirm it is not working now? It was fine an hour ago and it stopped working as I just tested it. The MyQ integration said garage door is off-line.

OP
OP
JC-RH

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mine seemed to work (inside the app it showed the status of my garage door; I never actually tested it). Now it shows Offline.

Ugh. I give up.

albundy

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota
Mine seemed to work (inside the app it showed the status of my garage door; I never actually tested it). Now it shows Offline.

Ugh. I give up.
yes, it is down again, lol. What a joke, eh?

OP
OP
JC-RH

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just sent LiveKey a message to try to get some answers. I will report back on that.

I like LiveKey, especially since it’s free, but the unreliability lately is really annoying.

Meross seems to work well, but it costs money AND an additional device needs to be installed and plugged in.

albundy

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota
I just sent LiveKey a message to try to get some answers. I will report back on that.

I like LiveKey, especially since it’s free, but the unreliability lately is really annoying.

Meross seems to work well, but it costs money AND an additional device needs to be installed and plugged in.
I agree and thank you!

vbmike73

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep
From reading on other forums, you won't get any reply from LiveKey or SimpleCommands. They ignore everything. Honestly, I think somebody at MyQ is messing around with the API used by these apps to connect to the MyQ system. When that API is down, there's no way for the two to communicate. I believe that MyQ tries to shut these things down because they don't want people to have access to their system. We're at their mercy.

OP
OP
JC-RH

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
From reading on other forums, you won't get any reply from LiveKey or SimpleCommands. They ignore everything. Honestly, I think somebody at MyQ is messing around with the API used by these apps to connect to the MyQ system. When that API is down, there's no way for the two to communicate. I believe that MyQ tries to shut these things down because they don't want people to have access to their system. We're at their mercy.
That makes sense. Still hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

vbmike73

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep
For what it's worth, I just tried adding integration for SimpleCommands and it failed when trying to log into MyQ through the API. I then tried to doing the same through the LiveKey app, and it did allow me to connect. Then when I went back into SimpleCommands, the connection was already made, so I guess the two apps are still connected, so you only need to connect once to the API. Then I was able to open the door through SimpleCommands. I was also able to close the door through LiveKey, so both appear to be working. By the time you read this, it could be different.

albundy

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota
For what it's worth, I just tried adding integration for SimpleCommands and it failed when trying to log into MyQ through the API. I then tried to doing the same through the LiveKey app, and it did allow me to connect. Then when I went back into SimpleCommands, the connection was already made, so I guess the two apps are still connected, so you only need to connect once to the API. Then I was able to open the door through SimpleCommands. I was also able to close the door through LiveKey, so both appear to be working. By the time you read this, it could be different.
yes, it works again. Let’s see how long it lasts.