• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

DE5 DIY Oil Change

OP
OP

Quinn Regis

First Name
IntegraQ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Heads up to my fellow Canucks who plan on changing their own oil (or bring oil to the dealership), Pennzoil Ultra Platinum is on sale at Canadian Tire, $39 for 5L with a $10 Online rebate where you can claim it by e-transfer. Combined with Triangle rewards I got 10L for less than $50 all in.
Thanks! - I saw this and picked some up yesterday. Can't beat this deal!

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
Thanks! - I saw this and picked some up yesterday. Can't beat this deal!
Glad to share.

Typically you're right, but there was a perfect storm of stackable offers this past September. It varied person to person but some people got four 5L jugs for the price I paid for 2. I wasn't in oil buying mode, didn't even know at that point when I'd get my car. Although it didn't stop me from buying this deal because that last one was akin to striking a mini lottery.

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
i just did my first oil change a couple of days ago. Mileage was only at 2351, it may be considered a little overkill. But Costco was doing some specials on Mobil 1 0W-20 Advanced Full Synthetic 6qrts AP-SN (which our cars call for AP.. Anyway the oil cost for i can't exactly remember but around $29. I bought four filters from Acura along with the crush washers.

Thing is, I don't keep my cars once they're out of power train warranty. So am i going to keep this until the wheels fall off? Unlikely but i'll do the freebie oil change at the dealer every 10k, and i'll do my own inbetween. So every 5k it'll get new oil. I'm, good for a couple of yrs with 4 filters to boot.

I don't know why i over maintain. I won't be keeping this until 200k But always say to myself just in case you do, do your oil changes lol. At least the next owner will get a very well looked after Type S if anything. I also make a very quick video saying the vin, date, oil and filter used, and show the old oil draining. So i have some form of proof, should the engine ever go pop ! and now you can update the DIY into carfax.