• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CVT for 2023 Integra !?

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Can't see the CVT as part of Integra , would be a serious step backwards, and not inline with the rest of what the car has to offer - LSD - Big brakes - 19" wheels - so more likely the 8spd DCT from the ILX, a perfect fit , the 10spd DCT is useless with the 1.5L engine - the entire post seems bogus , with very little information ,
My understanding is the LSD is only with the manual. Also the CVT performance is very well in the Civic and gives them a very smooth drive with great MPG, and is as performant as the manual. So there isn't anything wrong with it other than people only complaining about CVT for the sake of complaining. It also holds more TQ than the stock manual's clutch does.

Reactions: HKF

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Can't see the CVT as part of Integra , would be a serious step backwards, and not inline with the rest of what the car has to offer - LSD - Big brakes - 19" wheels - so more likely the 8spd DCT from the ILX, a perfect fit , the 10spd DCT is useless with the 1.5L engine - the entire post seems bogus , with very little information ,
Well the 19 inch rims are coming on the Integra base models. Jon Ikeda said they were 19 inch rims for the prototype but said it would be an inch down on size and it wouldn’t be as low as the prototype. The Brembo brakes also won’t appear on the base because those are exclusive to Type S models. 10 Speed also isn’t a DCT it’s just a traditional Automatic and the DCT can’t link up to the 1.5T. It’s going to have a CVT for the 1.5T auto. Type S might get 10 Speed or something else.

DipTheoryA

First Name
Dip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hondas and Acuras
My understanding is the LSD is only with the manual. Also the CVT performance is very well in the Civic and gives them a very smooth drive with great MPG, and is as performant as the manual. So there isn't anything wrong with it other than people only complaining about CVT for the sake of complaining. It also holds more TQ than the stock manual's clutch does.
Not sure if you own a Honda CVT vehicle. We do - a CRV. You're right: its got smooth operation, good FE. But, its also non linear in acceleration relative to pedal travel, and is largely soulless. Luckily my spouse drives it and thinks its great. I wouldn't buy a Integra with one if this is how it will perform. But that's just me. And probably a lot of people. But luckily i still have an Integra in the garage. So I don't feel the need to try to tell people what to think.

Last edited:

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Not sure if you own a Honda CVT vehicle. We do - a CRV. You're right: its got smooth operation, good FE. But, its also non linear in acceleration relative to pedal travel, and is largely soulless. Luckily my spouse drives it and thinks its great. I wouldn't buy a Integra with one if this is how it will perform. But that's just me. And probably a lot of people. But luckily i still have an Integra in the garage. So I don't feel the need to try to tell people what to think.
I’m pretty confident that Acura isn’t dumb enough to put a regular commuter/lifeless CVT in the integra. And the reddit engineer said it was tuned and given quirks to appease the enthusiast. I think it’ll perform well and be fun to drive.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
That would be drive by wire tuning, not the CVT. My mustang is the same way. Its linear in Normal mode, but in sport its only linear up to 50% then it acts like there is MORE pedal than I'm really giving, and in Snow it acts like there is less.

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Honda CR-V TR, 2019 Honda Accord SRT 2.0t/6spd
He says more than CTR but less than TLX Type S which is a bit of a mixed message
It's crazy that it takes an "Acura Engineer" from reddit to give out information on a car that Acura showcased way back in November. I'm gonna be COMPLETELY honest here...when I was at Radwood there weren't many people really paying attention to the Integra. I didn't want to say it then cause I was hoping that perhaps Acura had something up there sleave for this Integr a
At this point though we are 40 hours or so away from preorder time. And still no info. That’s annoying.
I keep coming back and looking every few hours to see if somebody (usually TigerEye) has found something that dropped. I dunno why I'm so invested in the base Integra cause I'm not getting one until I see what the Type S is all about but nonetheless I still can't wait to see more information about the car.

Its Tuesday night so we are like 36 hours away from everything LOL.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
It's crazy that it takes an "Acura Engineer" from reddit to give out information on a car that Acura showcased way back in November. I'm gonna be COMPLETELY honest here...when I was at Radwood there weren't many people really paying attention to the Integra. I didn't want to say it then cause I was hoping that perhaps Acura had something up there sleave for this Integr a

I keep coming back and looking every few hours to see if somebody (usually TigerEye) has found something that dropped. I dunno why I'm so invested in the base Integra cause I'm not getting one until I see what the Type S is all about but nonetheless I still can't wait to see more information about the car.

Its Tuesday night so we are like 36 hours away from everything LOL.
You know I’ve been a huge advocate for the Integra since they announced it was coming back… the fact that I am starting to look at other options says something that Acura isn’t doing well with this late reveal stuff. If Tomorrow we don’t hear anything idk this is going to really upset a lot who want to know what they are getting into

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You know I’ve been a huge advocate for the Integra since they announced it was coming back… the fact that I am starting to look at other options says something that Acura isn’t doing well with this late reveal stuff. If Tomorrow we don’t hear anything idk this is going to really upset a lot who want to know what they are getting into
Right like you have been on it since the beginning back when I and just about everyone else just knew this thing was gonna be a sedan...you really havent been wrong yet...even got the trim levels down for the most part (all but one trim is aspec lol)

If they cant hold onto you its pretty hopeless. Im trying to withold judgment until i see more info...ive seen the concept styling and ive seen most of the interior (outside of the dashboard) and honestly im not too impressed. But im gonna hold out hope until we get some specs at least. Hell i waited this long whats another day? ? ?

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
There has to be info tomorrow right? I mean they can’t possibly release info the day of preorder or not release info at all before preorder.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
There has to be info tomorrow right? I mean they can’t possibly release info the day of preorder or not release info at all before preorder.
Not to start a generational war.. but this younger generation that Acura Is trying to rope in is a “need it now”/ instant gratification type of crowd. Grew up with the internet everything within a half second google search.

I guarantee those preorder spots will be gone within the first couple hours due to people who just wanna keep up with the joneses even if they release no new info. Goes in line with the whole NFT thing too. Just being able to post their “reserved an Integra NFT” on Instagram post is enough.

and honestly it might just work

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
At this point anything is possible lol

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
NFT’s don’t make any sense to me. I understand crypto and block chain. I’m not that old lol. But NFT’s seem dumb. I can take a screen shot of your NFT can’t I? What’s the difference. Feel free to educate me anyone.

That said, if I decide to preorder and qualify. Wtf do I do with this NFT? Where to I keep it? I’ll admit the NFT transforming once your car is built does sound interesting though.