• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CVT for 2023 Integra !?

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Very dissapointing. I love my '17 EXL w/ CVT. But here we are over 5 years later and what is being sold as something new is a rebadge with a different shell.

This won't compel many Civic owners or fans to upgrade, and in this price range this car will be anemic on power.

Honda is just extracting value from the Acura brand to the point of dilution.

If they announced a turbo-k20 Type S with DCT or a 8 (or 9) speed, or even a CVT'd 1.5L with 200HP stock and sh-awd I would be interested.

Whatever comes to market won't even be for the rumored rumored prices because we're headed toward a recession with likely stagflation.

Inb4 everyone who hands over money to get on a reserve waiting list will see a price bump and the hate will flow before these cars are even delivered.
Type S won’t have a DCT. It will use the 10 Speed Auto with a Type S tune like how the MDX S and TLX S have for the transmission. SH-AWD wasn’t even thought of because it would easily cannibalize sales of the TLX. The price that should be on the A-Spec Tech is around $33k based on the leak study that came out last year. I also highly doubt a price bump in a model that would already have a set price when launched in Lates Spring early Summer. Reserving the model also isn’t a waiting list. You select the color, trim and options then put a $500.00 deposit down that’s refundable.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Type S won’t have a DCT. It will use the 10 Speed Auto with a Type S tune like how the MDX S and TLX S have for the transmission. SH-AWD wasn’t even thought of because it would easily cannibalize sales of the TLX. The price that should be on the A-Spec Tech is around $33k based on the leak study that came out last year. I also highly doubt a price bump in a model that would already have a set price when launched in Lates Spring early Summer. Reserving the model also isn’t a waiting list. You select the color, trim and options then put a $500.00 deposit down that’s refundable.
Thanks for clarification on the reservations. Still doubtful there won't be a price bump. At the least there can be a continued expectation of low production numbers, so while the MSRP may not change, it will be unobtainable.

HKF

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Accord
The "team" that tries to view things objectively and doesn't fanboy a thing?

The difference between a civic and these integras will be a tune and cosmetics. Tuning is not proprietary, no matter how much corporations would love the ability to lock the people out of overriding their artificial product differentiation.
Ya know, Bucky, when I saw your post above, “he views the Integra objectively” wasn’t the sense that I got. “He’s determined to speak hatefully about the new Integra” was more likely.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Ya know, Bucky, when I saw your post above, “he views the Integra objectively” wasn’t the sense that I got. “He’s determined to speak hatefully about the new Integra” was more likely.
Shhhhh. Your thoughts and opinions are valid too, even if you don't extend the same to others ?

Nerd-Vol

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Si Sedan, 2004 S2000
Interesting discussion on this Reddit post. I don’t know if the person is who they say they are. If they are, there are some interesting tidbits in the comments section.

Last edited:

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Interesting discussion on this Reddit post. I don’t know if the person is who they say they are. If they are, there are some interesting tidbits.
It’s trust worthy. It’s coming directly from the Acura’s data base that is sent to dealerships. The only reason why the Tiger Eye Pearl was there was because they by mistake added it in

Nerd-Vol

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Si Sedan, 2004 S2000
It’s trust worthy. It’s coming directly from the Acura’s data base that is sent to dealerships. The only reason why the Tiger Eye Pearl was there was because they by mistake added it in
Check out the comments on Reddit. A poster who says they are an Honda/Acura engineer chimes in.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Check out the comments on Reddit. A poster who says they are an Honda/Acura engineer chimes in.
I saw that now. Interesting comment on the “other variant” aka Type S.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
I can imagine them actually doing a DCT and 6MT for the type S

I’m confident the leaks for the base integra at this point are accurate

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Is that engineer confirming more power than the Si and a sportier CVT tune? He said they are tuned versions of their Honda relative.

He could be saying they’re tuned versions of the 180hp regular civic 1.5T. But that would just be what the Si 1.5T is. Or is he saying it’s a tuned version of the Si 1.5T?

He makes a clear point to hold judgment until all specs are confirmed. I’m thinking more and more that we are getting more than 200hp.

I mean unless Acura completely and cluelessly f’ed up this rebirth of a icon which is to be their new flagship, how could they give us a slow, boring, cheap interior car with CVT that we are all starting to think? I’m still confident that they aren’t dumb and that we will all be happily surprised in a couple of days.

It’s entirely possible based on what this launch is supposed to represent for the brand, that they crush it with some crazy shit. Like 230hp and some awesome new type of CVT tune that makes driving the car an absolute blast.

Last edited:

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I saw that now. Interesting comment on the “other variant” aka Type S.
Yep lol. “There may or may not be” then says it WILL separate itself from the lineup.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Yep lol. “There may or may not be” then says it WILL separate itself from the lineup.
Yeah because it’s whole different tier and body components that will separate it

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Yeah because it’s whole different tier and body components that will separate it
Right. I get that part. But he’s saying it exists. After saying it may or may not. Just thought it was funny.

Also what are these quirks to keep enthusiasts happy? Fake CVT shifts? Could be interesting.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
As all of us go in circles it would’ve helped Acura to release more info.
reading the Reddit post i takeaway that is the 1.5L from the SI but probably 215-220hp on a CvT or MT. Ha comment about reserving judgment struck a chord with me. We are 72 hours away after months of excitement and buildup and I’m looking for a reason to head for the exits.
hopefully Acura drops info tomorrow to assuage us.