• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Clock Wallpaper Compatible Image Sizes

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I've been slowly spiraling into madness while trying to get new clock wallpapers in my ITS. I've tried a million different USB drives, a factory reset, formatting all usb drives all ways I can (both on windows and mc) and a bazillion file sizes/resolutions (non exceeding the 11MB or 4096 x 2304 rules, files always in root).

I noticed some saying that if one file isn't recognizable then the head unit won't see any so I tried one at a time as suggested. No dice.

Are all million of my usb drives just incompatible?

Any ideas?

Thanks.
I almost spiraled through the same madness, but I finally figured it out. What ultimately worked for me was I formatted my flash drive to FAT32 (you need to do a full format - quick format didn't work for me). This will take a good 30 minutes to an hour so go grab some lunch while it's working.

After it's done, put your files on your drive and you should be good to go!

The Integra owner's manual says file names need to be no more than 64 bytes, so just to be safe I named my files 1.jpg, 2.jpg, etc.

Note: I was using a using a PC. Not sure whether this process will be any different on a Mac.

vtecvlow

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
On the A-Spec Tech's 9in infotainment display, custom clock wallpapers with an aspect ratio of 16:9 (as described in the owner's manual) do NOT fit and will have blank space on the sides of the image when set as the wallpaper. This annoyed me, so I took it upon myself to find what aspect ratio actually fits the wallpaper since it is not one of the common aspect ratios found on modern screens.

After some really inefficient testing that took me far longer than I'm willing to admit, I found that the image size 1660x720 (83:36 aspect ratio) fit perfectly. I can only assume that means that any image with an aspect ratio of 83:36 will also work as long as the image is not too large or too small.

[Note: I only used .bmp files for my testing and wallpapers, but .jpg files should work just the same]
Thank you for your work, I changed mine today with ease thanks to you figuring out the imagine size and write up.