• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Clock Wallpaper Compatible Image Sizes

BadLung(s)

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Intega 6MT
On the A-Spec Tech's 9in infotainment display, custom clock wallpapers with an aspect ratio of 16:9 (as described in the owner's manual) do NOT fit and will have blank space on the sides of the image when set as the wallpaper. This annoyed me, so I took it upon myself to find what aspect ratio actually fits the wallpaper since it is not one of the common aspect ratios found on modern screens.

After some really inefficient testing that took me far longer than I'm willing to admit, I found that the image size 1660x720 (83:36 aspect ratio) fit perfectly. I can only assume that means that any image with an aspect ratio of 83:36 will also work as long as the image is not too large or too small.

[Note: I only used .bmp files for my testing and wallpapers, but .jpg files should work just the same]

Last edited:

SharpAndy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6spd
So how do you go about actually changing the clock wallpaper? I'd like to make a custom background for it if possible.

OP
OP
BadLung(s)

BadLung(s)

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Intega 6MT
So how do you go about actually changing the clock wallpaper? I'd like to make a custom background for it if possible.
Itā€™s laid out pretty well in the owners manual, but basically you just have to have a USB flash drive with either .jpg or .bmp image files of your choice on the drive (donā€™t put the photos in any file folders or anything) and with that flash drive plugged into the USB A port in the car you do to your clock tap on ā€œsettingsā€ in the top left, go to ā€œchange wallpaperā€ and then tap on the ā€œadd moreā€ button which should then give you a choice of selecting available images from your flash drive that you want to transfer to the car. Thereā€™s also a good video on YouTube that you can watch to get a visual run through of the process. Hope this helps!

SharpAndy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6spd
oh neat. I didn't realize that was even an option. technology these days is something else lol...

IntegraAgain

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5th Gen 2023 Integra A-Spec 6MT - PWP
8807scrn.jpg

matrixx.jpg

Messing around, these are the two backgrounds I added when I first got the car last Summer, lol. I may need to give a 2nd effort now that the OP has cleared up image size questions.

LCM23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A Spec Tech 6MT
I tried two diff sizes to see if the black bars would go away but made no diff. First Harley Quinn pic is 2650 x 1440. Second is the max allowed 4096 x 2304
F04F7116-AC62-4DAA-A65D-A618EA74D520.jpeg
6D253066-CC6E-4C31-917B-AE3C51B66A80.jpeg

side note. I tried using various usb drives and the only one that worked was a old San disk stick drive I had laying around using the old FAT32

Last edited:
OP
OP
BadLung(s)

BadLung(s)

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Intega 6MT
I tried two diff sizes to see if the black bars would go away but made no diff. First Harley Quinn pic is 2650 x 1440. Second is the max allowed 4096 x 2304
F04F7116-AC62-4DAA-A65D-A618EA74D520.jpeg
6D253066-CC6E-4C31-917B-AE3C51B66A80.jpeg
Youā€™ll need to crop the image to make the aspect ratio 83:36 because for whatever reason, Acura decided that was their golden ratio

LCM23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A Spec Tech 6MT
Youā€™ll need to crop the image to make the aspect ratio 83:36 because for whatever reason, Acura decided that was their golden ratio
I did that. Comes out the same as the other two I've tried

LexiSnep

First Name
Lexi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
My car is refusing to see any image files, even though they're in the root directory. Doesn't matter the size of the file, .bmp or .jpg, nothing is recognized. Audio system can read FLAC and MP3 just fine, though. What gives? Do I need to make a special folder for it or something?

OP
OP
BadLung(s)

BadLung(s)

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Intega 6MT
My car is refusing to see any image files, even though they're in the root directory. Doesn't matter the size of the file, .bmp or .jpg, nothing is recognized. Audio system can read FLAC and MP3 just fine, though. What gives? Do I need to make a special folder for it or something?
I had the same problem with my usb drive and had to use someone elseā€™s usb in order to import the images, I think it has something to do with how the software of the usb drive itself is configured so you might just need to try a different usb drive

Sdlr77

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023
Is there a way to remove the actual clock and only see the background picture?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
We need Honda hack . Hopefully they will support this newer gen.

Needs3Pedals

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜06 Accord V6 6MT; ā€˜17 Frontier Pro4X 6MT; ā€˜24 ITS
I've been slowly spiraling into madness while trying to get new clock wallpapers in my ITS. I've tried a million different USB drives, a factory reset, formatting all usb drives all ways I can (both on windows and mc) and a bazillion file sizes/resolutions (non exceeding the 11MB or 4096 x 2304 rules, files always in root).

I noticed some saying that if one file isn't recognizable then the head unit won't see any so I tried one at a time as suggested. No dice.

Are all million of my usb drives just incompatible?

Any ideas?

Thanks.