• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Carbon peeling on spoiler question

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
So I finally got myself a Type S second hand but the car only has 300 miles on it. I gave it a wash yesterday and noticed a very small area on the Carbon spoiler peeling. I am guessing it is the clear coat and wondering what i can do to prevent or fix this ? could I put a tiny drop of clear coat on it or is it more involved ?

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI S4, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
So I finally got myself a Type S second hand but the car only has 300 miles on it. I gave it a wash yesterday and noticed a very small area on the Carbon spoiler peeling. I am guessing it is the clear coat and wondering what i can do to prevent or fix this ? could I put a tiny drop of clear coat on it or is it more involved ?
If the spoiler was a dealer installed option (many dealers sold these as options), then it would be covered under the factory warranty......assuming it is not caused by damage.

OP
OP
Justpassedu

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
If the spoiler was a dealer installed option (many dealers sold these as options), then it would be covered under the factory warranty......assuming it is not caused by damage.
Well I am technically considered the 2nd owner now so I think that may be trouble. So assuming that , any other way to possibly fix it my self ?

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI S4, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
the dealer installed options are backed by the full factory warranty regardless of first or second owner...4 yrs. Just take it to an Acura dealer.

Yes they can be repaired if it is just clear coat damage, and almost any body shops can do it

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Some guys take it upon themselves to reapply clear coat on factory OEM pieces. The guys from AHC garage did this IIRC... or maybe that was Super Street Garage... anyway, I know I've seen it somewhere, and worst come to worst it should be a trivial thing for any decent body shop to repair.

VTEC4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra 6MT
Some guys take it upon themselves to reapply clear coat on factory OEM pieces. The guys from AHC garage did this IIRC... or maybe that was Super Street Garage... anyway, I know I've seen it somewhere, and worst come to worst it should be a trivial thing for any decent body shop to repair.
It was AHC Garage

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I think it was AHC. I remember watching that episode.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
It's ok, we all should show that channel as much love as possible, they are providing some absolutely spectacular content on our cars. Everyone on this board should subscribe right now and watch all their ITS videos (they have other good Honda content too).

They seem like super genuine and nice guys too. SHOW THEM SOME LOVE!!!!

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
It's ok, we all should show that channel as much love as possible, they are providing some absolutely spectacular content on our cars. Everyone on this board should subscribe right now and watch all their ITS videos (they have other good Honda content too).

They seem like super genuine and nice guys too. SHOW THEM SOME LOVE!!!!
I am subscribed. I really enjoy their episodes

Last edited:

ST675R

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'10 Triumph Street Triple R; '17 VW GTI
My dealer had this issue on the mirror caps of their demo car. Hope its not a common problem.

OP
OP
Justpassedu

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
Can I apply a small amount of clear coat myself on the area that is peeling since it is such a small spot ?

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Don’t have an ITS but I do have the OEM CF spoiler and had to have it replaced under warranty. Car had 7k miles. If I have to do it again I will most certainly get it PPF’ed