• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Brake Hold always on?

Needs3Pedals

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘06 Accord V6 6MT; ‘17 Frontier Pro4X 6MT; ‘24 ITS
My brake hold is always on. I’ve tried turning it “on” and back “off” to no avail. Super curious if anyone else has the issue or if I’m doing something wrong. Manual sure reads like you have to turn it on to me, but I keep reading the manual on my phone and may have missed something.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
There is a TSB on it and potential recall for a few hundred vehicles. Not sure if that is one of the symptoms or not

OP
OP
Needs3Pedals

Needs3Pedals

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’ve found that with it turned off it only does the brake hold for like 3 seconds and only when facing uphill . With it turned on it stays on (presumably for up to 10 minutes per the manual) and works uphill and downhill.

Maybe I missed it in the manual but I don’t think they described this 3 second hold at all. Curious if others see this or if my car has an issue to straighten out.

ender_ong

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Ridgeline RTLE white/black, 24 DE5 white/black
I’ve found that with it turned off it only does the brake hold for like 3 seconds and only when facing uphill . With it turned on it stays on (presumably for up to 10 minutes per the manual) and works uphill and downhill.

Maybe I missed it in the manual but I don’t think they described this 3 second hold at all. Curious if others see this or if my car has an issue to straighten out.
Could be hill start assist? I think it’s separate from brake hold. Pic below is from 2024 Integra Manual

IMG_4554.jpeg

OP
OP
Needs3Pedals

Needs3Pedals

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Could be hill start assist? I think it’s separate from brake hold. Pic below is from 2024 Integra Manual
I bet that is it! Thank you for that 🍻

JCJai

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Abarth 500, 2024 Integra Type S
is there an option to turn off hill assist?