• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Been stuck like this for a solid hour lmao

iLLNESS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Elite A-Spec
It was the ABS sensor, would it be better to fix it myself or just take it to Acura? Also would are even price ranges for that
Is the connector itself broken? If it’s just ripped wires you might be better off fixing it yourself.

maybe post a picture.

OP
OP
HooliPNW

HooliPNW

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023
The connector is fine, it’s just the cable ripped in half. Looks like a super easy fix but I can upload a picture after! And it’s the plug right behind the rotor

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lunar Silver, 6MT Integra
The connector is fine, it’s just the cable ripped in half. Looks like a super easy fix but I can upload a picture after! And it’s the plug right behind the rotor
meh just solder and heat shrink wrap it, if it’s just the cables that got ripped. Unless it came out of the plug itself, then I’d just try to buy another OEM replacement from Acura.

iLLNESS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
if you can expose copper on both the plug wires and the wire itself strip it back, solder it and shrink wrap it.

Acura won’t likely do a repair like this, they will likely replace the whole cable. On the cheap end expect an hour shop rate + part.

OP
OP
HooliPNW

HooliPNW

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023
So this is what happened.. this is the speed sensor correct? Also sorry I’m still new to working on cars!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
So this is what happened.. this is the speed sensor correct? Also sorry I’m still new to working on cars!
Yep. Speed sensor for ABS

OP
OP
HooliPNW

HooliPNW

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023
Acura dealership by me has the sensor for $60 or the whole harness for $130, should I just get the sensor Or the whole harness?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Acura dealership by me has the sensor for $60 or the whole harness for $130, should I just get the sensor Or the whole harness?
Looks like you ripped the wires out of the harness connector. So I would say harness. Unless the sensor was also damaged..

OP
OP
HooliPNW

HooliPNW

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023
Yea I think just to be safe I’m going to buy the harness and replace it, you live and learn. I also got a clicking sound from turning the wheel but I think I just missed placed the spring. It’s a tiny clicking noise from the left side

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Yea I think just to be safe I’m going to buy the harness and replace it, you live and learn. I also got a clicking sound from turning the wheel but I think I just missed placed the spring. It’s a tiny clicking noise from the left side
It's also common for lowering springs to screw with this suspension. There are alot of 22 civic SI attempts with lowering springs that ended with odd noises and clicks.

iLLNESS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looks like you’ll need the harness unless you got the tools to pull the pins out of the plug to re-crimp/reinsert.
Sensor should be fine.

HondaFan777

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra ASpec Tech, 2022 MDX Tech PKG SH-AWD

You sure picked a not so easy mod to do to be new to working on cars.

Make sure you check your CV Boot and axle for any damage too. It is very common on 10th and 11th gen Civic when removing suspension components. Check for leaks on the boot and odd noises when driving.

Xhilr8n!

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lotus Elise, Civic Si, Tundra, Tacoma, 720
I’m glad I am not trying to learn how to wrench at this time in automotive history. I’m no pro but have screwed up enough to usually be able to see it coming. But I learned on much simpler machines. Our track Lotus is built about as sophisticated as a WW II airplane.

You’ve taken on something pretty challenging. I sure recommend using the info avail here to follow this through. The car will drive differently to you, just because you put the right parts in the right place and know it! Enjoy.
C96B37E5-76D8-46DB-8CDD-5DC911BC381F.png