• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Been stuck like this for a solid hour lmao

OP
OP
HooliPNW

HooliPNW

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023
Anyone got tips on taking the strut off the knuckle?

OP
OP
HooliPNW

HooliPNW

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023
Anyone on? Need some help I think I broke my cv axle boot trying to put back this strut into the knuckle

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Yes. Take off the lower ball joint nuts. Make sure the other wheel can spin freely. Then Rotate the hub in the assembly by rocking it back and forward. It should reaseat.

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lunar Silver, 6MT Integra
Yes. Take off the lower ball joint nuts. Make sure the other wheel can spin freely. Then Rotate the hub in the assembly by rocking it back and forward. It should reaseat.
Did you have to use a strut spreader when you put the TypeR Front Springs on your integra? This looks similar to my friends MK7 GTI.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Did you have to use a strut spreader when you put the TypeR Front Springs on your integra? This looks similar to my friends MK7 GTI.
The Type R FK8 springs are shorter and I didn't need to compress them. I just slid them on and bolted the top hat nut down. For removal of factory springs I did have to compress them.

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lunar Silver, 6MT Integra
The Type R FK8 springs are shorter and I didn't need to compress them. I just slid them on and bolted the top hat nut down. For removal of factory springs I did have to compress them.
Not talking about compressing, but to get the whole strut assembly out of the knuckle. Looks like this:

1657674578992.png

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Not talking about compressing, but to get the whole strut assembly out of the knuckle. Looks like this:

1657674578992.png
Oh. You need a a 17mm socket i think. It's just one bolt holding it in. You do need to fully remove that bolt because it retains the strut in.

Reactions: lnf

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
And the strut assembly then just slid out for you? @Integra23
I lifted the front of the vehicle off of the ground.. there is a centered jack point to do this. I used ramps to get the car high enough for my jack to fit under

I then removed tire.
I removed sway bar link on the side that attaches to the strut

I disconnected the ABS and adjustable damper connections. Removed bracket that these connections secure to on the knuckle

I removed single bolt from knuckle that's holding onto the strut

I removed nuts on lower ball joint

I then used a wood block between lower control arm and front sway bar to give additional room and remove pressure

I then removed 2 of the 3 top hat nuts on strut and loosened the third

Pulled lower ball joint out of lower control arm

Used another jack to support rotor so the cv joints didn't pull out

Lowered this enough to remove strut from knuckle

Think that sums it up

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
OP
OP
HooliPNW

HooliPNW

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023
After 7 hours of getting this thing inā€¦ I messed up when sliding out the whole strut because the cvt boot actually got bent.. but easy fix just didnā€™t know at first lmao. 1 thing went wrong though, the plug that connects to the sensor ripped so thatā€™s a bummer šŸ˜­ I forgot to disconnect

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
After 7 hours of getting this thing inā€¦ I messed up when sliding out the whole strut because the cvt boot actually got bent.. but easy fix just didnā€™t know at first lmao. 1 thing went wrong though, the plug that connects to the sensor ripped so thatā€™s a bummer šŸ˜­ I forgot to disconnect
I damaged a connector on my last car. Had it unplugged but the cable snagged when removing the strut. Not good if it's the ABS sensor and with this car so new it might be tough to find the replacement harness

OP
OP
HooliPNW

HooliPNW

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023
It was the ABS sensor, would it be better to fix it myself or just take it to Acura? Also would are even price ranges for that