• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

AWD

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Considering this is Acura's last ICE model, it would be a shame if their final ICE performance trim was auto only.
Honda makes some of the best manuals out there. If they miss the opportunity to showcase them in a car that deserves one as much any of their models then well poop on them.

I wouldnā€™t bet on the Type S having a manual though. Thatā€™s just the kind of decision the bean counters and/or marketing types would make. Weā€™ll see whoā€™s running the show soon.

ā€œWe canā€™t put TWO transmissions in that model, thatā€™ll throw off our profit projections completely!ā€

ā€œWeā€™re all about precision crafted performance hereā€¦ we canā€™t lose tenths on a second with a manual transmission!ā€

Apeks

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2002 Civic SiR, 2017 Civic Si Sedan(MSM)
AWD is a nice to have for sure, but there are a lot of downsides as well. Heavier weight, can be less playful, worse fuel economy, more mechanical complexity, more drivetrain power loss etc. I would not say no to an awd type s at all. But Honda also makes some of the best FWD performance cars in the world. So while the performance benefits of an awd would be great. A well sorted FWD would still be world-class and lighter, more tossable, better reflexes etc.

The real question is if the type s has manual or not. An auto only type s in awd or fwd seems pointless to me. Manual is a must for me personally. Awd is cool, but it comes with its own downsides.

Last edited:

Noradavis

First Name
Noradavis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickercounter.org
Car(s)
bmw
AWD is similar to 4WD because the engine provides power with the drivetrain to all four wheels. Generally talking, however, AWD is created for speed and handling, instead of off-road situations. It is, on the whole, a much more intelligent form of 4Ɨ4 innovation. Both AWD and 4WD will provide better traction than two-wheel Clicker counter drive vehicles in most everyday driving scenarios in winter weather. Large trucks and SUVs are great for towing and hauling heavy loads and usually come with 4WD over AWD. That means buyers that need to tow heavy loads should consider 4WD

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Sort of. Iā€™m a 4wd truck owner (itā€™s my daily at 50-60k per year) as well as a 4wd Jeep owner (built for on & off road). My wife has an AWD suv. The last sentence of the statement you made though isnā€™t necessarily a relevant or good suggestion since nobody really tows in 4wd - just RWD (unless weā€™re talking a winter climate year round & thereā€™s no choice). NO ONE ā€œshouldā€ tow in 4wd - if someone needs to consider towing in 4wd then they need to call it off & reschedule for safety (& fuel mileage reasons šŸ˜„). A proper set of tires for the application & standard traction control already equipped on the trucks while towing should be plenty enough for wet weather. 4wd for on road is more for heavy rain/snow. Thereā€™s also different internal axle options for 4wd - anti-slip/E-locker/lunchbox locker/posi/etc. & each one functions differently for different scenarios. Not picking on ya, just clarifying for everyone reading who is not well versed in 4wd.

I agree with one of the above posters as well - being that Honda has eliminated torque steer, the new FWD applications are more fun & practical. AWD is great for a quick ā€œoff the lineā€ start, but the souped up FWDā€™s will win on a road course/windy back roads. Depends on what ya want really.