• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

AWD

Nathanml

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1996 Corvette
Do we think the Type S will be AWD? I’m sure the Civic Type R will not be, but I’m holding out hope here!

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Do we think the Type S will be AWD? I’m sure the Civic Type R will not be, but I’m holding out hope here!
Not 100% sure if it will. The since it’s on the 11th Gen civic chassis, it might not be able to have it. I’m hoping it at least does but I’m not holding my breath on it.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
The 11th gen platform is the same (with tweaks made) as the CRV, so there's probably no big reason why the ITS couldn't be AWD, the platform is literally built to be scaleable and functional for a range of models both FWD and AWD assuming Honda didn't change it radically for the 11th gen civic and took that ability away. But given that the upcoming HRV getting probably the exact same platform (and even possibly the next gen CRV) I doubt it's been changed so much that its no longer compatible. It really is up in the air whether or not Acura sees the market value in giving the ITS AWD.

I think for the sake of differentiating it from the CTR (other than power output) I think AWD would be a great addition. However, if Acura has a hard price point it wants to stick to (under 40k) they may not due to cost. I would say they could offer both FWD and AWD as options on the ITS but I think that's probably out the question given assume take rates of the ITS and inflated production costs offering 2 variants rather than just one would raise the price for both models.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
The 11th gen platform is the same (with tweaks made) as the CRV, so there's probably no big reason why the ITS couldn't be AWD, the platform is literally built to be scaleable and functional for a range of models both FWD and AWD assuming Honda didn't change it radically for the 11th gen civic and took that ability away. But given that the upcoming HRV getting probably the exact same platform (and even possibly the next gen CRV) I doubt it's been changed so much that its no longer compatible. It really is up in the air whether or not Acura sees the market value in giving the ITS AWD.

I think for the sake of differentiating it from the CTR (other than power output) I think AWD would be a great addition. However, if Acura has a hard price point it wants to stick to (under 40k) they may not due to cost. I would say they could offer both FWD and AWD as options on the ITS but I think that's probably out the question given assume take rates of the ITS and inflated production costs offering 2 variants rather than just one would raise the price for both models.
valid Point. They could just offer SHAWD on a Type S later in the year for the additional $1,200 they normally charge

it’s a mental exercise, kind of how I think Acura may offer the DCT as standard and offer the 6MT as a $1,200 option instead of the MT being the base offering.
since it’s a civic, it makes more sense to have folks pay extra for the MT

just my thoughts. I can see both trends if I squint hard enough LOL

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I mean I'd be just fine if the CTR is like 300+Hp FWD, and the ITS is 272HP AWD. As long as it has a REALLY good auto because I don't think Honda has any AWD manual transmissions.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I mean I'd be just fine if the CTR is like 300+Hp FWD, and the ITS is 272HP AWD. As long as it has a REALLY good auto because I don't think Honda has any AWD manual transmissions.
With how much the AWD now realize on the ECU highly doubt it can be paired with a manual.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
valid Point. They could just offer SHAWD on a Type S later in the year for the additional $1,200 they normally charge

it’s a mental exercise, kind of how I think Acura may offer the DCT as standard and offer the 6MT as a $1,200 option instead of the MT being the base offering.
since it’s a civic, it makes more sense to have folks pay extra for the MT

just my thoughts. I can see both trends if I squint hard enough LOL
My general thinking is that the manual on the integra will be like it is for the Civic hatchback, a no cost option... you don't save or spend any more money than you would for an auto. Despite the manual costing less than the auto in manufacturing, but more to offer it at all in production cost, having the manual and auto be the same price effectively pays for the manuals production costs.

At this point I am assuming the Type S will be a copy paste situation from the TLX powertrain... 10-speed auto only, 272HP. And I think this setup gives more possibility to the chance of having SH-AWD. The manual will be available as a no cost option on the regular Integra, but probably only on A-Spec models (which there could be both a tech and advance version). And hoping they'll forgo a CVT and use a modified 8-speed DCT from the ILX/First Gen TLX or possibly also use the 10-speed auto.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
My general thinking is that the manual on the integra will be like it is for the Civic hatchback, a no cost option... you don't save or spend any more money than you would for an auto. Despite the manual costing less than the auto in manufacturing, but more to offer it at all in production cost, having the manual and auto be the same price effectively pays for the manuals production costs.

At this point I am assuming the Type S will be a copy paste situation from the TLX powertrain... 10-speed auto only, 272HP. And I think this setup gives more possibility to the chance of having SH-AWD. The manual will be available as a no cost option on the regular Integra, but probably only on A-Spec models (which there could be both a tech and advance version). And hoping they'll forgo a CVT and use a modified 8-speed DCT from the ILX/First Gen TLX or possibly also use the 10-speed auto.
From your post to Acuras ears…

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
With how much the AWD now realize on the ECU highly doubt it can be paired with a manual.
What does the ECU or AWD have to do with the gear you are in? The cars not randomly down or up shifting you mid-corner to help traction, that would be a BAD thing to do in a corner. Also you're forgetting that manual modes exist in Autos, so people shift when they want anyway.

I'd love if the Integra was the new "prelude" has had SH AWD and AWD steering in the Type-S.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
What does the ECU or AWD have to do with the gear you are in? The cars not randomly down or up shifting you mid-corner to help traction, that would be a BAD thing to do in a corner. Also you're forgetting that manual modes exist in Autos, so people shift when they want anyway.

I'd love if the Integra was the new "prelude" has had SH AWD and AWD steering in the Type-S.
The last time a Acura product had SH-AWD and a Manual was the Acura TL 4th Gen. that one was mechanical. This 4th Gen SH-AWD is extremely reliant on ECU mechanics rather then the OG mechanical version. I talked to someone who is an expert on the SH-AWD who does PDI’s on all Acura’s and is certified that said this to me. AWD systems on other car are very very different to SH-AWD

Reactions: HKF

Shigure.x

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
If the Type S is auto only pretty sure I’ll pass. Even with added power you’ll lose too much fun without the manual.
Considering this is Acura's last ICE model, it would be a shame if their final ICE performance trim was auto only.