• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Armaspeed Carbon Fiber Intake Install - WHOOSH WHOOSH

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6M
Ordered a FL5 Carbon Fiber Armaspeed intake for my '24 Type S on Tuesday, March 5th. It showed at my house in Dallas, TX area on Friday at 1pm. Incredible as the intake shipped from Taiwan via FedEx International Economy. Less than 3 days. Whew.

I do not have good mechanical skills and they reared their head again as I didn't use the right Torx bit and stripped the screws for the MAF sensor. But, I was still able to get them tight using 'alternative' methods. Also dropped a 10mm socket down somewhere in the floor pan of the engine area. :D :D

Otherwise, SUPER easy to install. Disconnect MAF wire and routing attachments, remove 3 10mm bolts and pull out stock intake box. Pull off stock tube, install Armaspeed carbon fiber heat shield box, then the piping which consists of the carbon fiber section, silicon section, etc. Then, swap MAF sensor (and use right torx bit!), route maf sensor wire (I did underneath to the left, the wire looks bent, but it's not under any stress or pressure at all, used a zip tie too). Tighten all the fittings and fire it up.

With ANY type of boost, you can hear the turbo now. Then, as soon as you lift, you hear the stock blow off valve very, very clearly. It's very noticeable and very enjoyable. It's loud, proud, and I love it!

I also think the car is making a bit more boost too. Y'all check the videos and let me know your thoughts. Car sounds awesome and feels a touch faster too.

d.jpg
a.jpg

g.jpg

rand0mchanc3

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Looks and sounds great - does this void warranty?

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
i dont know how yall got shipping so fast, i ordered mine a week ago and the tracking info shows that it flew in to New York the next day, traveled to Newark and left newark the following day, then checked into a state that's past the state where i live and is now in some hold limbo status where the tracking says "running late" and has stopped.

getting pretty annoyed and about to call my bank lol

OP
OP

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
i dont know how yall got shipping so fast, i ordered mine a week ago and the tracking info shows that it flew in to New York the next day, traveled to Newark and left newark the following day, then checked into a state that's past the state where i live and is now in some hold limbo status where the tracking says "running late" and has stopped.

Sounds like a shipping issue, not a Armaspeed issue. Call FedEx and raise some hell.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Sounds like a shipping issue, not a Armaspeed issue. Call FedEx and raise some hell.
well it is an armaspeed issue since they use Fedex which is the worst shipper without giving you any other choices lol i NEVER use fedex because of how regularly terrible they are

OP
OP

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
well it is an armaspeed issue since they use Fedex which is the worst shipper without giving you any other choices lol i NEVER use fedex because of how regularly terrible they are
It's probably a regional issue then with Newark and some other sh*thole areas in that part of the country and people there that don't do their job at all. :D :D

Again, I ordered from Taiwan on Tuesday and it was sitting on my doorstep in Dallas, TX area at 1pm on Friday. So, FedEx kicked a** for me.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
It's probably a regional issue then with Newark and some other sh*thole areas in that part of the country and people there that don't do their job at all. :D :D

Again, I ordered from Taiwan on Tuesday and it was sitting on my doorstep in Dallas, TX area at 1pm on Friday. So, FedEx kicked a** for me.
yeah i agree some lazy piece of shit at FEDEX fucked up. did your tracking take yours through their memphis tennessee location?

i just spent an hour on the phone with 8 people in 8 departments, continuously riding the "let me transfer you to the correct department" merry-go-round. at first they were telling me that it was held up in customs, now they're telling me it may have gotten lost. one lady is "running a trace" on it, whatever that means, but says that something may have happened to the label (hence the tracking scans stopping) and it may have been moved to the "lost and found" section, so now i have to email them pictures and a description of the contents.

i'm fucking livid. when i went to buy it and saw it was coming from taiwan, my first instinct was NOPE NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING but i decided to roll the dice since some of ya'll got yours so fast, and this is another lesson i'm having to learn the hard way about ignoring my gut instinct.

i'm pretty sure they're gonna tell me they can't find it, or i'm gonna get a box with a masonry brick inside of it delivered instead lol

Last edited:

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S

It does look wonky that it sometimes will go a roundabout way to get to you but FedEx pretty much pioneered the hub system that UPS eventually adopted to - this system actually facilitates quicker delivery of packages since it's more efficient.

But yes, your situation is still very annoying. I'm partial to UPS but things like this happen. It might've missed a scan somewhere or had fallen and is sitting under a belt at the facility. Definitely give them a ring and raise a little bit of hell to cause the local sort to look into it.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
It does look wonky that it sometimes will go a roundabout way to get to you but FedEx pretty much pioneered the hub system that UPS eventually adopted to - this system actually facilitates quicker delivery of packages since it's more efficient.

But yes, your situation is still very annoying. I'm partial to UPS but things like this happen. It might've missed a scan somewhere or had fallen and is sitting under a belt at the facility. Definitely give them a ring and raise a little bit of hell to cause the local sort to look into it.
Fedex doesn't route stuff from new york to memphis to deliver here; they travel right down I95 to the distributing hub here. the only reason i can think of that they delivered it to the memphis location is because their customs checkpoint is there. I would have assumed that the port of new york where the stuff flies into would be the customs checkpoint, so who knows.

either way, yes i too am partial to UPS lol i would have paid more for shipping if UPS had been a choice, though i think they're cheaper than FEDEX anyway.

OP
OP

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That does suck and is annoying. Sorry your experience hasn’t been good like mine. I will say my package showed delayed with no update right before it showed at my house so there is still hope it may show soon! Fingers crossed.

OP
OP

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Fedex doesn't route stuff from new york to memphis to deliver here; they travel right down I95 to the distributing hub here. the only reason i can think of that they delivered it to the memphis location is because their customs checkpoint is there. I would have assumed that the port of new york where the stuff flies into would be the customs checkpoint, so who knows.

either way, yes i too am partial to UPS lol i would have paid more for shipping if UPS had been a choice, though i think they're cheaper than FEDEX anyway.
Did your intake show up yet or is it still lost with Fedex?

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Did your intake show up yet or is it still lost with Fedex?
nope. i've been on work-related travel and armaspeed actually reached out to me via email letting me know about the package, and said that fedex was supposed to give them a no bullshit status update within 48 hours (so much for that lady "running a trace") and told me they'd send me another one if fedex tells them it's lost

most likely some asshole at customs saw what it was and decided he wanted it lol. hope he's out there whooooshing up the streets of memphis lol

OP
OP

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sucks man. Hope you get it soon, either the original or replacement. Thinking some FedEx warehouse chump stole it as you think too. Anyway, you will love it when you finally get it. Makes every acceleration an event with the turbo spool and whoosh on each shift or lift of the throttle.