• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone get below MSRP?

KimberlySS

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti M37
So, I am looking at buying a 2023 Intega A-Spec with Tech 6MT with 4423 miles. In initial discussions, they came down to $36,441. Does that seem about right or do you think that is still high? I've never negotiated before and fear making a huge blunder.

Wavy

First Name
Adonis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra A-Spec w/Tech
Back in March I had found a 2023 A-Spec w/ Tech in liquid carbon metallic and red interior (the exact model I was looking for) and after research noticed it had been sitting on the lot for about 4 months. I called a few times letting them know I was interested just need the right price and on the last day of the month I purchased it for $36,500 OTD!

I was ecstatic, I didn't NEED a new car but it was such a good deal I just couldn't refuse. I've been wanting a nice car for so long and decided to spot myself after many years of hard work. Everyone at the dealership was telling me how insane of a deal I got. Needless to say, if you're patient and find the right car/dealer you can get some amazing prices!

KimberlySS

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti M37
Back in March I had found a 2023 A-Spec w/ Tech in liquid carbon metallic and red interior (the exact model I was looking for) and after research noticed it had been sitting on the lot for about 4 months. I called a few times letting them know I was interested just need the right price and on the last day of the month I purchased it for $36,500 OTD!

I was ecstatic, I didn't NEED a new car but it was such a good deal I just couldn't refuse. I've been wanting a nice car for so long and decided to spot myself after many years of hard work. Everyone at the dealership was telling me how insane of a deal I got. Needless to say, if you're patient and find the right car/dealer you can get some amazing prices!
How did you negotiate with them? Did you say what you wanted? That is a really good deal!!

Lekna

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TSX
You are asking whether a 2023 6MT with 4,423 miles is a good deal for $36,441. I would look at it this way:
These days you should be able to buy the car at MSRP with only document fees and no other dealer markups. Assume $300 for doc fees. In any color other than silver, the car cost $37,100 (MSRP) plus a mandatory $1,195 Destination & Handling charge or $38,295 total. Add in what I assume are roughly $300 document fees and the cost you can likely pay for a brand new one would be ~$38,600.

You have an opportunity to pay $36,441 for the low-mileage one (4,423 miles). You'd save ~$1,850.

Here is where many of us would likely differ. My take is to consider why they have a low-mileage 6MT one for sale. My guess would be either someone upgraded to an ITS or perhaps it was a dealership loaner. In either case, my guess would be whoever drove it was hard on the car. Saving only $1,850 for a car that was likely driven hard doesn't seem like a good deal to me. If you plan to keep the car for only its warranty period you should be fine. If you plan to keep the car for a long while, I'd push back on the dealership and tell them they need to offer you a better discount. A~5% discount seems too little and would think a 10 - 15% discount would be more appropriate. Personally, I would not buy the car at the price they offered you. It needs more of a discount.

Would love anyone who disagrees to share their thoughts. I think long-term, clutch replacement costs and the fact that most cars that drive off the lot lose like 20% of their value just by having left the dealership and no longer being a "new" vehicle.

KimberlySS

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti M37
One more question with additional info. It also has upgrades on it that the Acura told the dealership they had to install but couldn't charge for. Does that change how much I should pay? Oh and the original owner bought the car because he wanted an ILX and would get the dealer's first allocation. Traded it in when the car arrived.

Last edited:

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
One more question with additional info. It also has upgrades on it that the Acura told the dealership they had to install but couldn't charge for. Does that change how much I should pay? Oh and the original owner bought the car because he wanted an ILX and would get the dealer's first allocation. Traded it in when the car arrived. View attachment 227358
Personally, I think that list of accessories is pretty significant, and if you like all of them, you might be in the ballpark of a good deal. Do you get 2 sets of wheels?

Whatā€˜s the OTD price? Rather than negotiate further on price, you could ask them to sell it Certified Used for extra warranty. It depends on what you value, youā€™re already getting just about every accessory.

As far as the car having ā€œhard mileageā€œ on it, you may want to see if the dealership will give you any insight on what they know about the prior owner. I traded my ā€˜23 A-Spec + Tech for an ITS after 1 year of ownership, and it had ~2,600 very gentle miles because I bought it knowing it would be traded for an ITS and Iā€™d want the max trade-in value possible. The prior owner of this mightā€™ve driven similarly. I canā€™t imagine why anyone would buy a 6MT Integra with plans to switch to an ILX.

KimberlySS

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti M37
Personally, I think that list of accessories is pretty significant, and if you like all of them, you might be in the ballpark of a good deal. Do you get 2 sets of wheels?

Whatā€˜s the OTD price? Rather than negotiate further on price, you could ask them to sell it Certified Used for extra warranty. It depends on what you value, youā€™re already getting just about every accessory.

As far as the car having ā€œhard mileageā€œ on it, you may want to see if the dealership will give you any insight on what they know about the prior owner. I traded my ā€˜23 A-Spec + Tech for an ITS after 1 year of ownership, and it had ~2,600 very gentle miles because I bought it knowing it would be traded for an ITS and Iā€™d want the max trade-in value possible. The prior owner of this mightā€™ve driven similarly. I canā€™t imagine why anyone would buy a 6MT Integra with plans to switch to an ILX.
The OTD price is $40,445.48. He bought it because it was the only way he could get the dealer's first TLX allocation. Sorry, accidentally typed ILX previously.

Sorry, I meant to type TLX, not ILX. The OTD price is $40,445,.48.