• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SierraOne

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A-Spec->ITS, '24 X1, '24 Navigator, '14 LR4
Good one. I’ll add it. Integra A spec does not offer the garage opener mirror so I doubt the ITS will. Not sure about dimming.
Dimming is available on the A-Spec, and I recall seeing a video that briefly showed the same button in the Type S, although that was early on, so could have changed by now.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Dimming is available on the A-Spec, and I recall seeing a video that briefly showed the same button in the Type S, although that was early on, so could have changed by now.
I thought it was mentioned on raitis review

Screenshot_20230510-100232.png

zozi8816

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model3
Wireless AC/AA - At least in canada, CTR gets it. not sure about US. someone in the us will have to google it or look up spec sheet.
also to clarify Mirror tilt in ITS is only one side at a time like other Acuras.

lz23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
z
Here are all the differences I've found or heard of between the two, both officially and unofficially. Drove an A-Spec ITS and FL5 CTR over the weekend to help inform it, too.

Please correct me and/ or add to this.

ITS:
-Louder "high flow" flow exhaust (possibly adds the +5hp? or perhaps the 93 octane recommendation in the manual, vs 91 on the CTR?)
-More rigid chassis (unconfirmed)
-Some engine changes (unconfirmed, not sure which changes from CTR)
-Revised suspension—"specially tuned for the type S." Some journalists expect it to be a bit more compliant/comfier over rough roads. Details unknown.
-Very different/worse(?) seats. CTR has much taller bolsters, bucket design and a much nicer quality foam vs A-Spec's "sporty everyday seat." Trying to confirm if the ITS seats are identical to the A-Spec, or if there are any changes. Hearing there may be stiffer bolster foam on the ITS, but identical shape?
-Power driver seat (no memory) vs Civic's dual manual seats
-Heated front seats (possible heated steering wheel option—dealer installed accessory on normal A-Spec)
-6 Front/6 rear parking sensors, compared to none in the US and 4/4 in CAD (any other driver aid advantages over CTR?)
-More soft plastic on the interior, and slightly different dashboard/trim design
-5" longer in total, but same wheelbase as CTR (same trunk volume—where does the length go?)
-Better sound system
-Heads up display
-Front seat color extends to back seats
-Wireless carplay (does the CTR get this?)
-Sport+ mode (similar to +R mode? Unknown)
-Rain sensing wipers
-Auto tilting mirrors in reverse
-Rear diffuser appears more aggressively styled, but possibly less functional due to gap around exhaust
-Overhead sunglasses holder
-Dimming rear view mirror

CTR:
-+R mode for gauges/track use
-Much more aggressive seats. A-Spec seats are such a miss compared to the CTR, way less comfy while being less supportive (my opinion).
-More red on the interior (red ITS interior is mostly an accent, rather than whole front seats+carpet)
-Supposedly firmer suspension—maybe improves lateral grip/handling? (unconfirmed)
-More downforce? (speculation based on spoiler design)
-Numbered limited edition (ITS is not known to be limited production)
-30lbs lighter than ITS
-Smoothly integrated fender flares (ITS has hard creases—looks like a design afterthought)
-Rear diffuser appears fully functional

My biggest disappointment with the Acura was the seats. It's almost a dealbreaker, assuming the ITS gets A-Spec seats or similar. CTR seats are best-in-class, better than my G80 M3 even. A-Spec seats are average.

Anything I missed?
CTR gets built in Nav, ITS does not have Nav

zozi8816

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model3
glovebox? will ITS have soft open and felt lining?

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
There are cosmetic perks. I like the design better overall. The Integra seemingly has better quality paint and arguably more desirable colors to choose from. The headlights and taillights seem to be of a higher quality or are at least of a more fancy less plain design. The word Integra is stamped into the car twice.

OP
OP
SolarTrans

SolarTrans

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LCM+Red ITS
Who uses built in Nav these days with Google and Waze? I have the Nav on my '22 Si it's terrible compared to Waze
It’s great in my G80. I only use it because there’s been a glitch since idrive 8 launched where using maps in CarPlay causes the GPS to get very inaccurate (~0.1 miles off) at random times
It’s nice having the backup for any software glitches like this, plus knowing that if you’re somewhere with no cell service, you have offline maps built into your car

edit: well, looks like they fixed this glitch. back to carplay maps lmao

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
It’s great in my G80. I only use it because there’s been a glitch since idrive 8 launched where using maps in CarPlay causes the GPS to get very inaccurate (~0.1 miles off) at random times
It’s nice having the backup for any software glitches like this, plus knowing that if you’re somewhere with no cell service, you have offline maps built into your car
Hopefully someone can unlock the 9" head units so we can side load apps including the Navigation from Honda.

UCTeeth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Waiting on the Integra Type S
Weird to look at a car with less depreciation as a factor. A car in itself is a bad depreciating asset anyway. Also if something is more world wide recognized vs NA only. It makes you think whats more limited rare? If the ITS is only NA then there is some rarity to that as I am sure some people (UK, Asia) wish they could get it right? Think GTR before it came here

TypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 CBP CTR, '17 SGP SPORT TOURING 6MT(SOLD)
I compared all the suspension part numbers between the DE5 and FL5 and other than the ADS units being different the front and rear springs are also different part numbers. Everything else is identical, shocks, sway bars, knuckle, control arms, and hardware except a few minor parts in the rear (1 of the 2 acceleration sensors, rear spring mount, rear shock mount and shock mount cap)

zozi8816

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model3
does integra come with ANC? apparently it is turned on in comfort mode?
can anyone confirm?