• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SolarTrans

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LCM+Red ITS
Here are all the differences I've found or heard of between the two, both officially and unofficially. Drove an A-Spec ITS and FL5 CTR over the weekend to help inform it, too.

Please correct me and/ or add to this.

ITS:
-Louder "high flow" flow exhaust
-More aggressive tune, per Hondata. More midrange torque
-20% ish softer suspension in each mode relative to CTR. Same components.
-Less aggressive seats than CTR
-Power driver seat (no memory) vs Civic's dual manual seats
-Heated front seats (with heated steering wheel option—dealer installed accessory)
-4 Front/4 rear parking sensors, compared to none on the US CTR and 4/4 in CAD
-More soft plastic on the interior, and slightly different dashboard/trim design
-5" longer in total, but same wheelbase as CTR (same trunk volume. Civic hatch is slightly taller)
-Better sound system
-Heads up display
-Front seat color extends to back seats
-Sport+ mode, less info than +R
-Rain sensing wipers
-Overhead sunglasses holder
-Dimming rear view mirror
-More sound deadening
-Better dealership experience
-An extra year of warranty

CTR:
-+R mode for gauges/track use
-Shift lights
-Equipped with built-in navigation (not available on ITS)
-Much more aggressive seats. A-Spec seats are such a miss compared to the CTR, way less comfy while being less supportive (my opinion).
-More red on the interior (red ITS interior is mostly an accent, rather than whole front seats+carpet)
-Firmer suspension tune
-More downforce? (speculation based on spoiler design)
-Numbered limited edition (ITS is not known to be limited production)
-30lbs lighter than ITS
-Smoothly integrated fender flares (ITS has hard creases—looks like a design afterthought)
My biggest disappointment with the Acura was the seats. It's almost a dealbreaker, assuming the ITS gets A-Spec seats or similar. CTR seats are best-in-class, better than my G80 M3 even. A-Spec seats are average.
-Taller hatchback trunk, rather than longer one like ITS

Anything I missed?

Last edited:

Justryin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Altima 2006
I agree with the seats turning me away a little. I think this would of done well with some type r black seats or something. Integra is not entirely luxury so something like a hybrid would of been nice but im not surprised. wondering how the reviews might take them.

OP
OP
SolarTrans

SolarTrans

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LCM+Red ITS
I agree with the seats turning me away a little. I think this would of done well with some type r black seats or something. Integra is not entirely luxury so something like a hybrid would of been nice but im not surprised. wondering how the reviews might take them.
Yup. Honestly I think the move away from a super sport-focused car may make the ITS depreciate faster in the future, too. Many of the features it gains are not very important to sporty car drivers, aside from perhaps the exhaust and suspension. Parking sensors are nice around town too, but the car is 5" longer anyways.

mattaleo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Civic Si
Yup. Honestly I think the move away from a super sport-focused car may make the ITS depreciate faster in the future, too. Many of the features it gains are not very important to sporty car drivers, aside from perhaps the exhaust and suspension. Parking sensors are nice around town too, but the car is 5" longer anyways.
I think sometimes people forget the ITS is exactly what some are looking for vs the CTR. The big wing is not that appealing to those over 30 years old, unless you plan to track the car often... or live near the Autobahn. It's also not very appealing to buy a track car with a quiet exhaust. People that know what this engine/transmission/chassis is all about, understand that it comes in a more mature package with Acura. I don't think it's going to depreciate any faster than the CTR- but I certainly could be wrong. Based on the price and the fact there will only be one assembly line in Ohio allocated for the ITS (probably not full time)- one would assume it will not be as limited as the CTR, but it's not going to be easy to get one either. Acura is not ignorant. How many Type-R s did you see on the road back in the day? They will not over produce this vehicle.

zozi8816

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model3
in the long run i dont think depreciation will be that different between the R and the S. 15-20 years down the road. clean example of either car will snag a good amount. ITS will not have number plates and more will be available but that also means that many more will be riced, trashed, etc...

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
ITS:
-Louder/higher flow exhaust (possibly adds the +5hp?)
-0.1s faster factory claimed 0-60 time
-More rigid chassis (unconfirmed)
-Some engine changes (unconfirmed, not sure which changes from CTR)

-5" longer in total, but same wheelbase as CTR (same trunk volume—where does the length go?)
ITS owner’s manual asks for 93 octane vs 91 for CTR so that likely contributes to the HP difference. Louder exhaust doesn’t always mean higher flowing.

I haven’t seen any factory claimed 0-60 times for either car. Source?

I would think CTR has the stiffer chassis with it being the more track focused option, and with all the cost cutting measures we’ve seen, I expect zero engine changes other than the engine cover.

Integra is longer because it is based on the Civic sedan. The Civic hatch shape gives a little more vertical space while giving up some rear overhang.

OP
OP
SolarTrans

SolarTrans

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LCM+Red ITS
ITS owner’s manual asks for 93 octane vs 91 for CTR so that likely contributes to the HP difference. Louder exhaust doesn’t always mean higher flowing.

I haven’t seen any factory claimed 0-60 times for either car. Source?

I would think CTR has the stiffer chassis with it being the more track focused option, and with all the cost cutting measures we’ve seen, I expect zero engine changes other than the engine cover.

Integra is longer because it is based on the Civic sedan. The Civic hatch shape gives a little more vertical space while giving up some rear overhang.
That's very odd, rare to see 93 octane required in the owner's manual isn't it? Not every state even offers it. Curious to see dyno results. Probably going to be within margin of error.

Looks like the 0-60 I quoted was an estimate from some journalist's launch coverage. I'll remove it. Cheers

"A new high-flow exhaust system, exclusive to the Integra Type S, unleashes the full potential of the award-winning 2.0-liter turbocharged (K20C) engine. In combination with software tuning, it gives the 4-cylinder engine its highest-ever horsepower rating in North America, and a class-leading specific output of 160 hp/liter.

The less restrictive straight-through exhaust design also enhances the driving experience with a stirring Type S-exclusive exhaust note. Thanks to an active exhaust valve, Integra Type S delivers a distinct auditory experience in each driving mode, and when it's time to crank it up, Sport+ mode turns it up to 11 with show stopping "pops and bangs" for the most engaging experience possible."

Interesting note on the shape, thank you. Wonder if that makes any meaningful difference to center of gravity?

OP
OP
SolarTrans

SolarTrans

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LCM+Red ITS
in the long run i dont think depreciation will be that different between the R and the S. 15-20 years down the road. clean example of either car will snag a good amount. ITS will not have number plates and more will be available but that also means that many more will be riced, trashed, etc...
Main concern about the ITS is that there is less international recognition for this car than with the CTR. Of course, many buyers will be aware of it, but the CTR has many years of continued history with its brand and the numbered edition plate.

That said, I totally get @mattaleo's point about some buyers wanting a bit more of a mature package.

If production numbers are low enough, I could see them being more desirable far down the line as a niche, NA-only, low-production derivative of the CTR, much like the Saab 9-2X Aero was an upscale WRX. We can always speculate, but end of the day I think the ITS offers key features I find crucial for a daily city car in a cold climate with rough streets.
-Heated seats+steering wheel
-F&R parking sensors
-More compliant ride

Honestly AWD would be a dream here, but I guess we have the GR Corolla for that.

zozi8816

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model3
Main concern about the ITS is that there is less international recognition for this car than with the CTR. Of course, many buyers will be aware of it, but the CTR has many years of continued history with its brand and the numbered edition plate.

That said, I totally get @mattaleo's point about some buyers wanting a bit more of a mature package.

If production numbers are low enough, I could see them being more desirable far down the line as a niche, NA-only, low-production derivative of the CTR, much like the Saab 9-2X Aero was an upscale WRX. We can always speculate, but end of the day I think the ITS offers key features I find crucial for a daily city car in a cold climate with rough streets.
-Heated seats+steering wheel
-F&R parking sensors
-More compliant ride

Honestly AWD would be a dream here, but I guess we have the GR Corolla for that.
up here ITS is about ~3k USD more (~5k CAD) than CTR and 4k USD more after PDI than CTR.. and it offers a lot of stuff for the price making it worth the price difference..
wipers are rain sensing, 6 front and 6 rear parking sensors (4 front and 4 rear on the CTR), auto tilting side mirrors in reverse, HUD, 12 way adjustable driver seat..

ya its true Acura is NA only brand and CTR is more recognized idk if it would really be that meaningful.. since people won't fly their ITS out of the country to track it or w/e.

I think for the ppl who track their car regularly, CTR is the way to go for sure. Especially if they can afford a second "daily" they could choose to drive instead of ctr.

OP
OP
SolarTrans

SolarTrans

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LCM+Red ITS
up here ITS is about ~3k USD more (~5k CAD) than CTR and 4k USD more after PDI than CTR.. and it offers a lot of stuff for the price making it worth the price difference..
wipers are rain sensing, 6 front and 6 rear parking sensors (4 front and 4 rear on the CTR), auto tilting side mirrors in reverse, HUD, 12 way adjustable driver seat..

ya its true Acura is NA only brand and CTR is more recognized idk if it would really be that meaningful.. since people won't fly their ITS out of the country to track it or w/e.

I think for the ppl who track their car regularly, CTR is the way to go for sure. Especially if they can afford a second "daily" they could choose to drive instead of ctr.
Very interesting point, because in the US, the price difference is bigger and the CTR gets no parking sensors whatsoever. Just a backup cam. Overall you guys pay $9k USD less for the ITS. Seems like both of these cars are cheaper there, I wonder why.

zozi8816

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model3
Very interesting point, because in the US, the price difference is bigger and the CTR gets no parking sensors whatsoever. Just a backup cam. Overall you guys pay $9k USD less for the ITS. Seems like both of these cars are cheaper there, I wonder why.
we just make less and have less to spend overall.
I think given the price point they should have given the parking sensors at least. It is a wider vehicle after all.

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1999 NSX, 2024 Civic Type R
Something I found interesting is the rear diffuser of the ITS is not a full width fairing like the CTR. It's actually two one third size diffusers that leave the muffler area uncovered. They also aren't sealed with the body at the leading edge. The CTR's diffuser is full width and has a more sealed front edge which improves the effectiveness by keeping underbody air from entering the area above the diffuser.

So I would characterize the rear diffusers of the ITS as mostly cosmetic compared to the CTR. It's way better looking than the CTR imo, but likely not nearly as functional. I'd like to be proven wrong though. Intuition and educated guesses are not reliable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SolarTrans

SolarTrans

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LCM+Red ITS
Something I found interesting is the rear diffuser of the ITS is not a full width fairing like the CTR. It's actually two one third size diffusers that leave the muffler area uncovered. They also aren't sealed with the body at the leading edge. The CTR's diffuser is full width and has a more sealed front edge which improves the effectiveness by keeping underbody air from entering the area above the diffuser.

So I would characterize the rear diffusers of the ITS as mostly cosmetic compared to the CTR. It's way better looking than the CTR imo, but likely not nearly as functional. I'd like to be proven wrong though. Intuition and educated guesses are not reliable.
Good point. Curious if we can get a good downforce and drag coefficient comparison

zozi8816

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model3
overhead sunglass holder in ITS. not in the CTR.
also not sure if ITS will offer garage opener with auto dimming rear view mirror? it would be nice

OP
OP
SolarTrans

SolarTrans

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LCM+Red ITS
overhead sunglass holder in ITS. not in the CTR.
also not sure if ITS will offer garage opener with auto dimming rear view mirror? it would be nice
Good one. I’ll add it. Integra A spec does not offer the garage opener mirror so I doubt the ITS will. Not sure about dimming.