• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

drb14

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Hyundai Elantra
it doesnt make sense to me that 70% of the preorders were reported to be 6MT early on, and yet they still decide to prioritize the CVT despite the # of 6MT reservations.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
it doesnt make sense to me that 70% of the preorders were reported to be 6MT early on, and yet they still decide to prioritize the CVT despite the # of 6MT reservations.
My thought exactly... either they got a ton more CVT orders after that initial info dropped, or acura was lying, which I doubt was the case.

My only other thought is this.... Integra being built in Ohio. Si sedan (the only other related product with that manual) is in Canada where the sedans are built... therefore it reckons to think that they have to build and ship all the manuals from Canada, no doubt creating supply chain and shipping issues for those transmissions, while the CVT is being built alongside the Integra (and the many other products that use it or some variant of it) making it more readily available.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Easy now, this hasn't really been substantiated yet, seems like dealership talk for now. There have to be more than 2 6MT orders across this forum, let's see what others say.

My thought exactly... either they got a ton more CVT orders after that initial info dropped, or acura was lying, which I doubt was the case.

My only other thought is this.... Integra being built in Ohio. Si sedan (the only other related product with that manual) is in Canada where the sedans are built... therefore it reckons to think that they have to build and ship all the manuals from Canada, no doubt creating supply chain and shipping issues for those transmissions, while the CVT is being built alongside the Integra (and the many other products that use it or some variant of it) making it more readily available.
Interesting thought on sourcing transmissions through Canada--I'll see what I can find on this. I personally doubt transmission shortages are delaying Si order fulfillment, but do know dealerships are having a hard time getting them in. I assumed it was due to chips.

2023Integra6

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Ford F-150, 2022 Tesla Model Y
Seriously funny timing! Yesterday I decided I wanted to gauge the availability of Integras with a production date but no reservation acros Ohio, and Steve at Serra Acura (the All Things Acura podcast dealership) told me the same thing--allegedly the only build dates they have are for CVT models, he saw no 6MT build date info in his system (not sure if that's state-wide, local, or in-house only), and he insisted Acura would be building the 6MT's last "once they had enough orders to justify the run". I've called 5 dealerships so far, and each had 1-2 CVT models that were allocated to them outside of the reservation process and available, but no 6MT's. Many opined they'd be hard to find. Unfortunately, Serra was the last dealership I spoke with yesterday, so I didn't get to crosscheck the "Acura's building the 6MT's last" scoop with others, but will poke around about it today with the dealerships left on my list.

Like all dealership info, I hesitate to totally believe this, but think it's really interesting you were told something similar today by an unrelated dealership. I asked a few follow-up questions at Serra, like if they had any customers select them for 6MT pre-orders (they allegedly had several pre-orders, but they were all CVT), so I wondered if their hypothesis about 6MT's rolling out last was simply based on a lack of information since their reservation customers only requested CVT models.

Does anyone here have a reservation on 6MT model and a build date? If so, when/where?
Yes, I have a deposit (directly thru my dealer) for a A Spec W/tech 6 speed manual liquid carbon with red interior with a build date of 6/4-6/8.
F12F1A7B-6A9F-40BF-8281-6E071C61E524.jpeg

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yes, I have a deposit (directly thru my dealer) for a A Spec W/tech 6 speed manual liquid carbon with red interior with a build date of 6/4-6/8.
F12F1A7B-6A9F-40BF-8281-6E071C61E524.jpeg
Thank you for sharing! I did just try another Ohio dealership who has 2 incoming 6MT integras that are reservation orders with early June build dates, and the colors are "BR/OR"... which I assumed to be Blue/Orchid... but he might've said "PR/OR" for "Performance Red/Orchid"?

I asked enough questions that he got suspicious and hurried me off the phone. Oh well!

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
My Fort Worth dealer has a stellar reputation and a week ago said my Carbon 6MT had a build date of last week of May. Now anything can change....

Last edited:

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
After 3 more calls, I think we can call the dealership "6MT will be the last priority for builds" claim debunked--each of the last 3 salesmen I spoke with had reserved 6MT's with late May/early June build dates, and one randomly had an unreserved factory allocation for a 6MT matching my reservation request with a 5/28 build date that my selected dealer requested on 3/10 but has no build date on...

Good learning experience--I was surprised to see so many dealerships willing to do MSRP while requiring mandatory accessory packages that, evidently, "no person should drive a vehicle without." So be careful if your dealer sells you a vehicle without a ceramic coating, extra mats, nitrogen in the tires, etc.... they could very well implode at highway speeds.

bloominguez

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
This will be the first car i'm buying, so i'm not sure if the way this car has been rolled out is SOP across the board, but the lack of clarity and information is really starting to bug me a little bit.
If *this* bugs you, good thing you didn't try to buy a vehicle like a Ford Bronco or a Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing. For the Broncos, Ford has outright lied to buyers, saying initially that reservations would be built first, but in reality taking care of large dealerships and supporting those dealers as they charge ADM, etc. There are Day 1 Bronco reservation holders that still don't have a truck, after 647 days, as people place new orders 1.5 years later and get Broncos faster. No, please, don't cry for me, I've only been waiting 646 days. :) On the Cadillac front, there are people whose cars have been built--BUILT--since December and GM won't ship the vehicles. Unclear if that's due to shipping issues or electronics modules missing or ???. Strange since *some* have shipped and others haven't so it doesn't appear to be a parts shortage that's grounding the cars, although cars with certain options aren't being built at all (e.g. carbon fiber). Point is, GM won't say. Those are just two vehicles I know about, I know that there are other horror stories for other vehicles and manufacturers.

Bottom line: Acura has a LONG LONG LONG way to go before they are as bad as others. A VERY long way to go.

OP
OP
RRP RSX-S

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Lots of people on the forum with build dates for 6 speed. My dealer has 2 in addition to mine. Just sounds like more dealer misinformation.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
A dealer closest to me who I couldn't reserve from has 1 manual and 4 or 5 cvt allotted.

Also BR/OR Is Apex Blue/orchard

2023Integra6

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Ford F-150, 2022 Tesla Model Y
There’s a reservable black on black A Spec with Tech 6sp in Atlanta. Late may early June build date. $500 direct deposit and then mfg. msrp plus tax. No additional mark up added (no $1000 floor mats, “market adjustment” etc). It was available as of yesterday 4/21.

Ghs737

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra, 2013 Acura RDX, 2015AcuraTLX
I also have a manual transmission car with an early June build date.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I also have a manual transmission car with an early June build date.
Wish I had mine.. just need my current car to hold together a bit longer

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
*Suddenly Acura reports their reservation numbers jumped 20%, but it's because half of us with early reservations and no build date find our own allocations*

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Yeah .. I'm looking for a carbon manual...